What is up with my husband???

Options

Replies

• Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’ When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

Husband's journal

Jeep won’t start…can’t figure out why.

TRUE STORY!!! rawrrrr lmfao

That about SUMS it up!!!
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would say approach the subject...but ladies as my pastor has always said...the same things we did to get them is the same things we should do to keep them. So if you were cute etc...when you dated then it's nice to still make him feel like he's worth getting dolled up for. smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't seem interested, make him interested!!!

Put on some sexy clothes
    Or take them off...lingerie never seems to stay on my body for more than a few seconds...
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’ When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

Husband's journal

i love this!
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Husband's journal

TRUE STORY!!! rawrrrr lmfao

That about SUMS it up!!!

TOO FUNNY but Men are simple
  • Stevearoonie
    Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    As illustrated by the story about the husband and wife and the jeep, men are very one dimensional. We don't look at and read into everything the way you ladies do. Not saying that's a bad thing, just we are made differently. Also as has been noted on here several times, communication is KEY!!!!

Your husband and your relationship with him is the focus. My wife and I have been married for 10 years this June. There have been periods of staleness, just as there are in anything else. As long as you stay committed to each other and trying to meet each other's needs everything will be okay. Pick up a book called "Love and Respect." It's by Emerson Eggerichs, a psychologist, and talks about how men and women's brains respond and react to one another differently.

Long story, short. I understand that women are relational, and being a military wife and possibly away from all your friends and family is difficult, but using MPF or your BFF as a shoulder to cry on shouldn't be your primary method of hashing things out. I was in the Army when my wife and I got married, so I understand your situation a little. But talk with him. Find a night at least once a month where the both of you can agree to set aside the rest of your lives and go on a date. Go for a picnic or a drive. Something that takes you away from your everyday life and allows you to act like you are dating again. Tell him how you are feeling and don't turn it into a "I said, you said" contest. He is your soulmate. Focus on him. Hope that helps, hun.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Husband's journal

This is perhaps the issue....You might be overstressing "the situation" and he doesn't think there is a problem at all. Guys get comfortable when they are in a stable relationship(just like women do...) and sometimes sex isn'ton the frontburner every day.Have fun with it and don't stress because it's probably not anything.
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Speaking as an Military husband, sometimes it is just the last thing on our mind! Granted, we will JUMP at the opportunity, but we may have our minds thousands of miles when it comes to initiating it ourselves. Also, if he is a lower enlisted rank (which I would assume at that age) the idea of someone else telling you what to do is easier to grasp than the alternative. Just a thought. :)
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    To me sometimes women send out signals that seem they are not interested.
    The signals flow both ways and not always the right ones we want to send.
    You must talk it out for it to work.
    Don't talk about how bad your day was and then expect to get attacked.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Wife’s Journal

Husband's journal

Ta da! Ain't that the truth! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It's been about a month since he's said anything like, "Hey, you're looking good." or anything remotely relating to.. you know... ummmm.... sexual things. I'm ALWAYS the one who has to start it. Then after the ...sexual stuff.. he says to me, "I've been wanting to for days now." But he DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!
    So this week I haven't started anything just to see what he'd do, he doesn't even seem remotely interested..
    Sure, I don't have a job so I don't feel the need to put make up on and get dolled up when no one is gonna see me. Does that really matter to guys?

I need input..

Have him get his testosterone checked. My good friend lost his sex drive and had no idea why. He went and got blood work done and everything until they asked to take a testosterone levels test. He was a 231!! THAT IS LOW!!!! He has been on some sort of pills/injections for a few months and last I heard he is wanting it more.

I was curious and got mine tested, and I was a 610, which is actually a little low for my age. (35)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! How do I delete this now? I have plenty of good answers(:
  • jarrodleeray
    jarrodleeray Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Communication is key. I'm a stoic, quiet, non-communicative kind of guy myself. Been that way all my life. After marrying my wife and having three daughters, I new I had to make a better effort. We talk about everything now. A day doesn't go by that I don't try to let my wife and family know my feelings, but it was hard to initiate and it is also easy to fall back to my old self.

You need to speak to hime and give him an opportunity to express himself. It ain't going to be easy, but here are a couple pieces of advice:
    -Don't interpret what he says.
    -Don't interrupt him. Let him get it out.
    -Be quiet afterwards.
    -Don't relate it to anything else.

there speaks a wise man !
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It could just be regular stress, work related things, family things, etc. Everyone wants to feel wanted and desired - if you keep persuing him eventually he will probably be comfortable in the knowlege that you have the same desire for him that he has for you then he might be more innitiative. I agree with the person who said "be ready to pick up on his cues" maybe he's not being obvious - but maybe he's giving you some kind of subtle hint of his amorous feelings.

Also - it might not be something you want to do every day, but I bet if you did doll yourself up for him and had a nice romantic dinner ready for him when he got home it would make him feel really special - and show him how special he is to you. Sometimes it's just those little things that can make a big difference. It might seem trivial, but any little thing you can do to show your husband "I love you and appreciate you" won't go unnoticed. He might not SAY it, but secretly he'll be thinking "wow, I'm a lucky guy"

Good luck!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    When he says, "I've been wanting to do that for days" I always say, "Then why don't you do anything about it?"

Then he says, this is an exact quote, "I try."

You probably give off the impression that you wouldn't be up for it most of the time. I know my wife constantly complains of feeling tired or having a headache, etc. which makes me feel like I'm a jerk if I try to initiate something because she doesn't feel well 90% of the time. Even being married for several years, I still find the initiation phase awkward and fear her response will be negative. Maybe this applies to your situation as well.
  • sneakyjean
    sneakyjean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a very stressful time to be a Marine. Maybe he's just wanting to be wanted - or seduced, or just touched spontaneously to remind him he's loved? He gets a lot of buddy-buddy and has to be responsible and on the ball all the time at work, maybe he just wants someone else with a softer touch to take over at home. If you want him, let him know. Often.

And thank him for his service!

Semper Fi
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Sometimes guys like to feel wanted too and for the girl to start it. Its the chase or the excitement. Every now and then you have to shock him or switch the routine. Sometimes you start or sometimes he does.

Exactly! I find that doing something different is a total turn on to a guy. Mine is the initiator usually and sometimes he gets frustrated with that. But then I'll shock the heck out of him with a slow strip tease or a walk around in a pair of short shorts b/c I know it drives him crazy. Gotta keep the fun going!!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hm. If he's generally quiet, like my fiance, then he just has trouble putting what he's thinking into words and actions. My fiance sometimes has trouble getting whatever is in his head expressed. I try to ask him questions about how he's feeling and be very very patient with him and not accusatory.

Good luck.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump