messageless friend requests

Options
123457»

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    guess i havent been here long enough to give a **** yet...

^^THIS. I accept everybody. Nothing bad has ever come of it.

This and I too accept everyone, if only to support one another.

Yes, yes and yes.

It's only MFP, you know?
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    i accepted a couple of people who didn't send a message. big mistake..one was just creepy..one was a "collector", one liked to hear herself talk...but not to an idividual..no support..i bounced 'em all. now, iwant to know where you 'SAW' me, why you want to be friends...interaction, help, support....no go on the blank request....:ohwell:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Right before my last reply in this thread, I took the time to send someone a message asking them how they found my profile in order to send me a FR. The young lady read the message and didn't bother to respond. I decided to check out her friends and did find one we have in common. I figure she saw my profile earlier when I commented on my friends exercise. I browsed the other comments to see if this young lady was supportive of my friend. NOPE.

DENIED!!!!!!! :explode:

:wink:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    What is the purpose? Do you want to feel important? Do you want to know why everyone just love to be your friend? Who cares.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose? Do you want to feel important? Do you want to know why everyone just love to be your friend? Who cares.

The purpose is MUTUAL support and not to be collected like some idiotic internet craze to have a gazillion friends.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Lol I just like to know where they found me from out of sheer curiosity, so a message would be nice, but I accept all requests anyway.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've only recently stopped accepting anyone and want messages attached because my friends list is getting too large for me. Might as well add people who bother reading my profile.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Denied! I mean.... is it really that hard to say why we should be pals? You make me feel like a real assmonkey hitting decline, so pretty please don't make me feel that way, because I really don't like it.... k, thanks! :drinker: :bigsmile:

I hate messageless friend requests ALMOST as much as I hate profiles that say "Don't send friend requests" or "tell me why we should be friends".

Just sayin'

meh... to each his/her own :flowerforyou:
    Options
    ....I dont add unattractive people...
    What makes a person unattractive??
    Saying something like, "....I dont add unattractive people...".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Options

The purpose is MUTUAL support and not to be collected like some idiotic internet craze to have a gazillion friends.

right? I love the redonkulous questions asking why so much thought in a message or who cares? Obviously they cared enough to come to this CHIT-CHAT silly post, so I'd guess they cared as much about no message as I do about having a message... I'm not one to be collected and I actually do support. Right now I feel there is a ton of dead weight on my page from people I feel I don't know, therefore cannot support. Its not a big deal, but I'm not a collector.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

right? I love the redonkulous questions asking why so much thought in a message or who cares? Obviously they cared enough to come to this CHIT-CHAT silly post, so I'd guess they cared as much about no message as I do about having a message... I'm not one to be collected and I actually do support. Right now I feel there is a ton of dead weight on my page from people I feel I don't know, therefore cannot support. Its not a big deal, but I'm not a collector.

It makes more sense for someone like yourself to have a large friend list because of your success and wealth of knowledge. I imagine the intention of most is to learn something from you.
    Options

It makes more sense for someone like yourself to have a large friend list because of your success and wealth of knowledge. I imagine the intention of most is to learn something from you.

that was really nice. Thank you!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    GASP...there is no meaningless friend request. Each one comes from a precious snowflake.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I accept any and all friend requests. I usually put a message when I ask for a friend request.

Me too lol. I don't send out many though...at all. What I think is best is getting blank friend requests from people that have 'If you send me a friend request without a message, it will be denied!' as the first line in their profile =D.

Honestly though, I don't mind blank friend requests at all...even then.
    Those and people who hide their diary from you.

honestly, I don't see the point in reaching out for friends on here who can't help you if they don't know where you might be going wrong.

My diary is private...I don't need friends to judge or help me with my diet or exercise goals (not that I don't appreciate their support at all...I love 'em for it!). If I can't do it on my own...I'm screwed anyhow right? Besides...I have a lot of VERY incredible friends, who have serious issues with my eating style. It's much easier to maintain those friendships if they believe I'm happily plugging away eating 72 times a day like they do lol.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I deny most friend requests - even if there is a message.

I'm mean like that.

Exception - lots of mutual friends that are awesome - if they love you, I'm sure I will too.

Also, I don't understand why people get upset when you decline a friend request - do you *really* want someone on your list that doesn't want to be there? There are millions of users on here - go find someone else who *will* give you the support/encouragement/entertainment that you need.