ITT: Ask me anything about losing weight..

Options

Replies

• Microfiber_wechange
    Options

The easiest way to explain it is to say that you need to brace like you're about to be punched in the stomach.

Thanks from me too :smile:
  • Kjohnno76
    Kjohnno76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi mate - your game! I have a question about working the nightshift and weightloss! Do you think I should be increasing my calorie intake overnight as I am walking around and burning it off or do you think I should try and stick to my calories for the day as metabolism slows down overnight. I really need help with this one as i really struggle with what to eat and when to eat through the night. When I'm tired I really look for sugar as a pick me up. Thanks appreciate it xo
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm still a little confused on tighten up my core during workouts. To make sure Im doing it correctly I suck my belly button is that how it's done.

Hope I'm not stepping on toes by interjecting, but I know what she means. When an exercise description tells you to tighten your core and proceed with the movement, it means to flex your abdominal region to increase your steadiness and balance and also to protect your vulnerable back. This is seen commonly in resistance band exercises where the bands can actually pull you off balance if you're not using proper form.

Sucking in your belly button isn't exactly how to do it. The easiest way to explain it is to say that you need to brace like you're about to be punched in the stomach. Flex your core and don't forget to breath and don't allow tension to be created in the rest of your body. It takes a little practice but you'll have an "ah-ha moment" when you feel it right. And it gives you a bonus core workout while doing other things.

Planking is a great way to practice this. If you feel pressure in your back, your probably not doing it right.

This is great way to explain. I went to physical therapy and was told to bend my knees, brace for the punch and kind of GRRRR. She called it GRRR(girl) power. you can get a lot of power by holding that pose alone! Adding little little lunges or arm lifts while GRRRRing is a really powerful move when you are just starting.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    This is me from the back
    Bigbelly004.jpg

And me, from the front
    Bigbelly001.jpg

I've drastically changed my diet and I workout 6 days a week. I've recently gone for blood tests just to omit anything medical but is there anything you can advise me.

Thank you.
  • demorest
    demorest Posts: 109
    Options
    Here comes a can of worms....I dont understand why Its so important to eat exersize calories, In my head I would think It defeats the purpose of exersize, and I would like your opinion.Also I have a really bad back (2 spinal cord injuries, and degenerative disc disease,so I have 9 disc that are just gone)I can do the treadmill and the elliptical 45 minutes each. I have noticed I'm getting smaller in the legs,but thats about It. the spinalcord injuries are In the mid back between the shoulder blades. I was wondering if you have any exersize for my arms and stomach that wouldnt put me in too much pain? :sad: I would appreate any help you can give.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what he thinks about this to. For me I try to keep eating every few hours to keep me going just so I don't fall asleep. All I can do is walk at work but some times I sneak into the changeroom and do pushups and squats or I'll just jog around.

Sorry about this post, I messed up
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi mate - your game! I have a question about working the nightshift and weightloss! Do you think I should be increasing my calorie intake overnight as I am walking around and burning it off or do you think I should try and stick to my calories for the day as metabolism slows down overnight. I really need help with this one as i really struggle with what to eat and when to eat through the night. When I'm tired I really look for sugar as a pick me up. Thanks appreciate it xo

I'd like to know what he thinks about this to. For me I try to keep eating every few hours to keep me going just so I don't fall asleep. All I can do is walk at work but some times I sneak into the changeroom and do pushups and squats or I'll just jog around
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose weight, inches but GAIN lean muscle mass?

Seems weird to me but I've just checked my details on the Fat 2 Fit military BF calc and I've gained 7lbs of lean muscle mass despite losing 9lbs on the scales?

Before starting on my journey it wasn't unusual for me to spend 13+ hours sat on the sofa watching TV, but can I really have gained that much lean muscle in around 6-7 weeks? :huh:
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Is it possible to lose weight, inches but GAIN lean muscle mass?

Seems weird to me but I've just checked my details on the Fat 2 Fit military BF calc and I've gained 7lbs of lean muscle mass despite losing 9lbs on the scales?

Before starting on my journey it wasn't unusual for me to spend 13+ hours sat on the sofa watching TV, but can I really have gained that much lean muscle in around 6-7 weeks? :huh:

Good question! I was wondering about this too.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump:wink:
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Oh thank you what a nice thing to do....

I'd love to know if I should carry on with strength training 3 days a week + Cardio 3 times a week, if I'm still trying to lose weight to get to my desired weight? Or should I concentrate on cardio alone then bring in strength/

Thank you
  • venessa25
    venessa25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi , I have a question I gained about 20 lbs in the last 2 years and I think it all went to my belly, I want to really lose that fat in 3 months is that possible ? And do I really have to eliminate all my carbs...Thanks!!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bump !! Read your profile and love the fact that you eat ice cream everyday and i believe in IIFIYM 100 thousand %%%%!!!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ok so after meeting my original weight loss goal I went on to try and build some more muscle, but now my body is really holding on to the fat that I gained while building the muscle and frankly it's pissing me off lol

I'm 5'7" and lift about 5x's a week with moderate cardio 3x's (~30 mins/day) MFP has me 1320 cals which i feel isn't really enough for me to effectively complete my workouts so I've been shooting at 1450. Is this too low? I try to keep my macros around 40/40/20 but that varies sometimes closer to 40/30/30.

My goal is to get to 140 and I'm at about 150 right now. I don't know if I should add more cardio or switch it up so that I'm doing some HITT to get the fat off.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have read alot about increasing calories. As per BMR and TDEE and everything. I have done the maths and everything on it. However, heres the problem for me. See I, as per my BMR+20% daily activity = 2100 calories. Which I eat typically. Its my freaking exercise calories.

I do boxing, which causes me on a slow day atleast 1k calories. Typically I burn 2k-2.5k calories in a day. Which means that I get to eat 4.5k Calories...Even if MFP is overestimating by 50%, thats still 3.25k+ calories I gotta eat.

At this point, should I try and eat all those calories or should I just eat till I'm full and stuffed with good foods? I eat clean but eat lots of meats and rice and stuff so I'm not just living on fruits and veggies mind you. I'm eating good solid food, its just too many freaking calories to eat without scarfing down a whopper >.<

You didn't mention your goals? Are you stuck? Losing weight?

I would like to lose about 85 more lbs and would like to lose it consistently
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i wanna know if there is any good protein powedrs that dont use milk, but dissolve in water and actually taste nice?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    bump 4 later
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump...off to work, want to see this when I get home. Thanks for all the help and advice I've seen so far.