ITT: Ask me anything about losing weight..

Options

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for your help (you look great).
    I am 5'2" and 117 lbs and I want to get better at pull-ups (I can do 1). Do you think it would be more beneficial to eat at a small deficit and lose maybe 5 lbs or not cut any calories and just focus on building strength? I will lift heavy weights and practice pull-ups with bands either way.
    Thanks again
  • Penzi80
    Penzi80 Posts: 29
    Options
    My BMR is 1270 my calorie goal is 1200 been watching my diet for almost three weeks now i lost 2pounds but am kinda gaining al that back although am exercising 3days a week, what am i doing wrong?
  • debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    Bump for later, well done with your loss :)
  • kevsprincess
    Options
    I guess my qestion was a puzzler? Never got a response. :ohwell: Thanks anyway
  • emcemayo
    emcemayo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    jus bumping
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    I think you're awesome! Reading your posts are informative and motivating ;) thanks!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im actually relieved that someone like you is just taking the time to help people instead blowing steam at them. You must have some patience. :flowerforyou:
  • banannie127
    Options
    bump, thanks for doing this!
  • michguag
    michguag Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    BUMP :flowerforyou:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • perficio
    perficio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've lost a lot of weight recently, and it sounds silly, but I still haven't figured out the whole diet thing. If you will message me, I can give you a pwd to look at my food diary. I eat 1300 calories per day, and try to get about 400 calories worth of cardio in. But I have iron deficiency, feel exhausted and tired all the time(dizzy sometimes) and am always hungry. I eat lots of veggies and lentils. I try to drink herbal teas and water throughout the day. What am I doing wrong?
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Here comes a can of worms....I dont understand why Its so important to eat exersize calories, In my head I would think It defeats the purpose of exersize, and I would like your opinion.Also I have a really bad back (2 spinal cord injuries, and degenerative disc disease,so I have 9 disc that are just gone)I can do the treadmill and the elliptical 45 minutes each. I have noticed I'm getting smaller in the legs,but thats about It. the spinalcord injuries are In the mid back between the shoulder blades. I was wondering if you have any exersize for my arms and stomach that wouldnt put me in too much pain? :sad: I would appreate any help you can give.

Walking and eliptical are fine if that's all you can do safely. Weight loss is noticed first on the parts of the body which are leaner because the visual changes are more easily spotted. Just keep up with your diet and moderate but safe workouts and you should continue to lean out over time.
  • Sublog
    Options
    Is it possible to lose weight, inches but GAIN lean muscle mass?

Seems weird to me but I've just checked my details on the Fat 2 Fit military BF calc and I've gained 7lbs of lean muscle mass despite losing 9lbs on the scales?

Before starting on my journey it wasn't unusual for me to spend 13+ hours sat on the sofa watching TV, but can I really have gained that much lean muscle in around 6-7 weeks? :huh:

It's possible, but hard to do. Really hard to do for a woman. If you are overly fat (obese) it can be done, or if you have a background with lifting weights, you can rebuild muscle tissue lost to the time.

Remember, body fat formulas are only predictions of predictions. They are always wrong to some degree. It's likely a margin of error in your calculation.

Don't get caught up with the numbers. Just use the mirror as your ultimate guide.
  • Sublog
    Options
    Oh thank you what a nice thing to do....

I'd love to know if I should carry on with strength training 3 days a week + Cardio 3 times a week, if I'm still trying to lose weight to get to my desired weight? Or should I concentrate on cardio alone then bring in strength/

Thank you

That's a sound plan. Remember the key to weight loss is of course your diet and not workout plan.

Cardio increases your energy expenditure, and strength training brings about positive changes in net body composition.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good read bump for later.
  • Sublog
    Options
    Hi , I have a question I gained about 20 lbs in the last 2 years and I think it all went to my belly, I want to really lose that fat in 3 months is that possible ? And do I really have to eliminate all my carbs...Thanks!!

Yes, you can lose quite a bit of fat in 3 months with a proper diet and exercise plan! And NO, you do not have to eliminate carbs to do so.