any people here from the "sunshine state" of florida

Options
123457»

Replies

• Mama2lilgirls83
    Mama2lilgirls83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've lived all over the Tampa area but we are now living near Bradenton/Sarasota (south of Tampa)
  • amberwren
    amberwren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Born in Palm Beach..lived in Gainesville for quite sometime for school..now in Tampa since January :) love Florida!
  • octleigh
    octleigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in a small town on the Florida Panhandle.

Me too:) About an hour give or take 15 minutes from Pensacola?? I have lived in the area since I was three!! :)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yep :) Spring Hill Here! (Tampa Bay Area)
  • Hotanuri
    Hotanuri Posts: 53
    Options
    born and raised. Originally from the Space Coast, but we relocated to Orlando for better work opportunities. :)
    And I have a love/hate relationship with it, too. It's too hot during the summer, but I wouldn't wanna live in the snow!
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm in St. Petersburg. Moved here from Manhattan in 2002 for college, got sucked in, yada yada.

I hate it here now. As SOON as I can leave, I will. I'm living on a month-to-month lease so as soon as I get a job where there are seasons and it isn't 95 degrees and humid in April.

BUT, if you love it here. Kudos to you.
  • firemedicjoe26
    Options
    Tampa 7 years moved from Germany
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    funny thing that i found this threat here - cuz I was thinking about moving to florida - but the hurricanes scare me - what part do you live in?

I'm also from Chicago - Born and mostly raised - i move around a bit - right now i'm in Chicago and sick of the snow - although we didn't have this past season - so can't complain this year.

What area would you recommend?

if you fear hurricanes (which you shouldn't because as long as you take precaution you will be fine) then move atleast 2 hours from the beach.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Tampa Bay - couple miles from the beach. Lived in Pinellas County for more than 30 years. I used to love it, but I think I am too old for this heat anymore. I'd rather be in the cooler mountains now. Maybe when I retire, I can move to NC or VA or something.
  • Emcortes1
    Emcortes1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ME! I live in North Central Florida! Home of the Florida Gators :)
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Florida Cracker! Lived on the east coast for the first 40 years of my life but then moved to Ga 2 1/2 years ago. I love it here now but Florida will always be HOME. My parents and alot of my friends still live down there so I still visit now and then..
  • MichaeltheMarine
    MichaeltheMarine Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Panhandle: Madison, Monticello and Lake City!
  • czuniga03
    czuniga03 Posts: 99
    Options
    Born & raised in Fort Myers!!
  • girltrvlr
    girltrvlr Posts: 12
    Options
    Live in Orlando since 2003, love the weather!
  • dispatcher69
    dispatcher69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone in Fla is having a fabulous day...enjoy the wonderful weather, get out side & start moving it!! I live in Deland/De Leon Springs area LOVE Fla will never live anywhere else....have a great day all