Would you ever be a stripper?

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Before I became a mom sure. Im one of those that doesn't think stripping is all that bad as long as you know who you are and what your limits are. When money is easy there is often a slippery slope.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yep, at a reputable club, sure! One of my friends put herself through uni working at a strip club.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    When I get my goal body, I'm going to do the traveling chippendale group. I can dance and love to; Not a shame to show my body; and don't really care about the money aspect of it, I just want to do that. Hoping I can do it this summer at least once to say I did it.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I strip when I'm drunk. Might as well get payed for it.

tumblr_lm5eoa8lab1qh7fflo1_500.gif
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options
    I'm going to seriously struggle paying my education fees next year and I would genuinely consider it as long as it was a reputable club. I have no problem with nudity
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    totally and i have no girlfriend so problem at all...problem is i'm a straight guy
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    um yeah, if it strip to pay bills/ get food then hell yes
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Heck no...
    Not for me...though I have no problems with nudity, expressing myself, not a prude..LOL
    Also not one to judge..so to each his own
    If you are Ok with it....thats all that matters

Kim
  • robbiejay1971
    Options
    I guess I would if I really needed the money....but then I might be skinny if I couldn't afford to eat!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    really people? there are other ways to pay bills. try waitressing at a high end restaurant.

I paid my own way through college and grad school, took loans, worked hard. I did not sell my dignity to do it.

A bit of forward-thinking now will prevent many future regrets.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    No way. I have two teenage daughters and what kind of example am I setting for them if I'm stripping? I'll take a job where the pay isn't as good, but they don't feel embarrassed to say where their mom works.

If someone else wants to do it, fine. But, it isn't for me (and I'm not a prude and nudity doesn't phase me), I just feel there are other options to pay your bills.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I wouldn't consider it even with a better body mainly because I'm androphobic (afraid of men). I also have a problem wearing heels, I'm not steady even in tennis shoes, and personally I wouldn't feel comfortable even just going down to my skivvies in front of other guys but that's me. I've known a couple of women who have worked nice strip clubs and they don't seem to have much problem as far as guys, but again they're at nice clubs where bouncers actually pay attention and make you leave.

If it's something you're interested in, I say go for it. Do your research, maybe try and talk to a woman that works at the level of club you'd prefer to see what you need to get in, do well, etc and just sleep on it. It's one of those jobs where you need more thought put in to it than if you were, say, applying at Best Buy or any retail/food business.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    If I wasn't able to find a better job then maybe though I self conscious about my body too so I'm not sure.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I couldn't...and I've been pole dancing for almost a year and still have yet to bring myself to "perform" in front of a significant other.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes ,as long as my friends and family don't find out .
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    really people? there are other ways to pay bills. try waitressing at a high end restaurant.

I paid my own way through college and grad school, took loans, worked hard. I did not sell my dignity to do it.

It's only selling your dignity if you don't want to do it and you hate your job.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No. First of all... nobody would want to see all that... Secondly, it is too limiting to future relationships and employment opportunities. Finally, it is just not my "thang"
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I would have to say no, I think I have more respect for myself and my husband then to do that.
  • VirginiaWoof
    Options

I don't think stripping is selling 'your dignity'. I think it would be fun to dance and be paid well for it. You're also getting a killer work out. If the strip club was a respectable place it would be fine.

I've also paid my way through two years of college as a waitress/barmaid.