BLACK TEAM WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Harley and I got a walk in today before it rained. I was hoping for at least 15-20 minutes but we were able to do a whole hour. (Once we were inside for an hour or so, it started pouring.)

Tonight Harley and I went to Pizza Hut with my mom. We got the multi-grain crust (which I really like) and I didn't give in and get the spinach and artichoke dip, cheesy breadsticks, apple dessert pizza, or cinnamon sticks which all looked really good.

I'm also excited because Dave will be home tomorrow night! He left Sunday afternoon. He has to go back to Maryland for more training next week. (He'll leave Sunday afternoon and get home Friday again). But he'll be home for Sunday morning and all of Saturday. Yea! :smooched:

(Is that enough positive-ness? :laugh: )

That's a lot of positive...You go girl!

Where in MD does Dave have to go?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Had a softball game tonight. We lost but I ran my *kitten* off! Yes it's gone!! I turned around to find it and it was still on first base when I was at home plate. :laugh: :laugh: Caught a couple fly balls got a couple guys out! these are always my goals for the games. But I ran my little heart out!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Let's all hope next week is way better then this week. TOM should be coming to visit anytime now so we shall see.

Lynnie and April sorry about your cousin.:cry:

Beth if I don't get on here before you leave tomorrow Happy Birthday!!!

That is all I'm exhuasted!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of you had great days!

Sam, keep running and that *kitten* will never find you again! :laugh:

I got up this morning and headed to the gym, jumped on the treadmill to run and my ipod was dead. I gotta admit, I can't run to the 80's at 8:00 that was playing on the cheesy gym radio. I walked a mile and I did some arm work and headed home. I charged my ipod and did 3 miles on the elliptical instead. Cardio in for the day!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

Yay, I'm glad the day is almost done. Getting ready for tomorrow. I have an online test to create tonight for my computer science 101 class. Last week most of my students failed my test so I think I'm going to make it a tad easier for them. Didn't have to teach my MIS class this week so I feel as if I've been on a mini vacation.

Got up early and ran 2 miles this morning. It felt so good. I should go and strength train but I can't seem to find the motivation.

Hope you all have a good night!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey gang--

Not sure what's up-- is the spirit willing and the flesh weak, or the other way around-- I had to stop after 2 miles again tonight-- 96% humidity makes me feel as though I'm running in a lake. Medicine issues? I don't know-- but I died.

But, I got the 2 in-- and had a good mile walk too-- :ohwell:

Try again tomorrow--

Busy couple days-- hope all is well--

Later, cats!
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey everyone....back from school, gotta cram study some. Also, got a work out in tonight did 30 min bike, 30 min circuit training. Yeah. On the bad side, everyone say a prayer for my mom. A year and half ago she was shot in the head while she was sleeping, she lost her eye and had a lot of surgery. She didn't have any insurance, so after she was released she was given the run around. We kept telling them something was wrong but no one would listen. So, we flew her to my sisters house in Iowa where they have title 19 insurance. Well after being in the emergency room for a few hours, they found out she has a really bad infection sitting just above her brain stem. So, now it is emergency antibiotics and surgery. Say a good prayer. Thanks, Leilani
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....back from school, gotta cram study some. Also, got a work out in tonight did 30 min bike, 30 min circuit training. Yeah. On the bad side, everyone say a prayer for my mom. A year and half ago she was shot in the head while she was sleeping, she lost her eye and had a lot of surgery. She didn't have any insurance, so after she was released she was given the run around. We kept telling them something was wrong but no one would listen. So, we flew her to my sisters house in Iowa where they have title 19 insurance. Well after being in the emergency room for a few hours, they found out she has a really bad infection sitting just above her brain stem. So, now it is emergency antibiotics and surgery. Say a good prayer. Thanks, Leilani

We will keep her in our prayers Leilani and I hope everything works out well for you and your family.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ticker check--

Oh, Snap!!!!

How can one not be positive--

wooooooooooooooooooo!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning all. Quick question. Do you guys update your tickers throughout the week when there are changes or only once a week?

Getting motivated to head to the gym, my 12 year old told me last night he wanted to go along, let's see if that desire is still there in the light of the day! :laugh:

Have a good one!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,932 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Congrats on the ticker change Marla! Can't wait to hear about your new clothes!

Leilani - Prayer said.

We had pizza hut last night too. Gave in to half of a breadstick and a half piece of a cinnamon bread. But, it was oh so good. And, I knew I'd be eating it so I ate accordingly for breakfast and lunch. And, I ate quite a bit of salad before the pizza. Before, it would have just been pizza, pizza, breadstick, more pizza and then cinnamon bread. And, I got to spend some lovely time with my parents and just my kiddos. Missed my sister and her family since she had to work late, but it was a nice night.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day today!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Morning Balck Team,

Hope everyone is getting some great workouts in. I don't know if I will it's way way way hot out today!

I'm trying to stay in my calories today.

I just realized that Madison is going to be 3 in 16 days I can hardly believe it! Time really does fly. :sad: :sad:

Have a great day everyone!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Sam, it's way way way hot here too. When I walked out at 8:30 the humidity hit me like a brick wall. On a good note, the gym was nice and cool.

Got my workout in, made the 12 year old go even though he changed his mind. :laugh: He kept saying it was tough and it hurt. He walked while his old mother ran her 2 miles. Gotta make you feel good. This is no scrawny little 12 year old either, he's got a very sturdy build, not fat at all, but looks muscular and most people think he's more like 14 or 15 instead of 12. Then he struggled through lifting and I couldn't help but chuckle. Maybe I'm not such an old fart after all.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Oh, how scary! I'll keep your family in my prayers! I hope the anitibiotics kick that infection quickly!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi gang..

I am still out here, but having trouble with the positive this week. I'll tell you all about it next week.

Leilani - prayers sent for you mom - so sorry for her struggles. It must be hard for all of you.

Marla and Sara - you rock the tickers this week girls - keep up the good work, you are my inspiration.

Lynnie and April - sorry for your loss - glad you had each other to lean on.

Everyone else - great job with the attitudes, I have been lurking and you all are very impressive - you have picked me up on numerous occassions. I'm happy and proud to know you all.. Keep up the happy.. :wink: :happy:

Janie
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    just stopped in to check on everyones positiveness!!!! it's positively great!!!!:laugh:

MARLA-here is a pic of my hot drum playin hubby........THAT'S what i call positive lol lol
    positively HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    to this day i have no idea why he picked me, well i'm pretty cute too! see that was a positive comment lol lol

Later everyone, i'll check back in

GO AHEAD YOU CAN EYE HIM LIKE A PIECE OF CANDY.....NO CALORIES WHEN YOUR JUST LOOKIN:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Thanks for all the prayers. It has been a very hard time for us. It is really hard not being by her during this. She wouldn't let me go because she wants me to stay in school. I just got to talk to her and she is in good spirits. She has been in good spirits ever since it happened. She has a mind of steal and forgivness. The boy that she is a nanny for that shot her while she was sleeping, she still watches. Don't know how she does it. Granted I got retired from my job of 15 years, and went back to school and moved right across the street from her. Gotta keep an eye on her. She is a wonderful woman, granted some think she is crazy. Anyways thanks for all the prayers. Everyone have a great work out day.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Leilani, I will pray for your mom and family.

Janie, Glad to see you pop in. How's your back?

Marla, Way to go on that ticker moving.

Lori and Sam, Just don't how you do it in that heat.

It dawned on me today that the 5K is next weekend. I have been having some issues with my knees so I won't be running it. BUT I will be walking in it. Still got the one is July to get ready for and I will one way or another.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Leilani, I will pray for your mom and family.

Janie, Glad to see you pop in. How's your back?

Marla, Way to go on that ticker moving.

Lori and Sam, Just don't how you do it in that heat.

It dawned on me today that the 5K is next weekend. I have been having some issues with my knees so I won't be running it. BUT I will be walking in it. Still got the one is July to get ready for and I will one way or another.

Hi bobbi,

I was lurking when I saw that your swim team won their meet - WAY TO GO COACH!!!! We have our first meet of the long course season this weekend. Both girls are pumped..

I'll PM you about my back - not so positive.

Sorry about your knees, but way to go for still doing the 5K - even if walking - much better than pulling out, and keep yourself healthy for the next one.. Hope to be joining you all in the 5Ks this fall.. Keep your fingers crossed.

Janie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good day to Black Team! and better days ahead for others I pray.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hey black team. My thoughts are with all of you who are struggling with life and the challenges it's throwing your way this week. All things can't always be good and happy and positive, but you can try to look at things in a positive manner and I guess that's the best we can do.

I can't help but notice that we've been on page 8 forever.

Anyway, I was chuckling to myself because I've been wanting my hair to grow out a little and while it's good that it's growing, I'm not that thrilled with the color I see. :noway: So I can't help but think I'm positively thankful for Clairol!