• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    anyone know where those names come from? :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay. You guys have a mission.

I need a name for my main character. I'm writing a novel (only about 1 1/2 chapters in over the last 6 months or so) but I cannot for the life of me decide on my characters name.

She's female, lonely but fairly successful, 23, dark hair, green eyes, tall, owns a record store in Uptown Minneapolis (to elaborate, the "different" area of town. Not quite downtown, not a rich area, close neighborhoods, old stores and restaurants, lots of locally owned businesses, the "goth" "punk" "indie" hangout), a little edgy, but not to the extreme. She's loves all music, somewhat reserved. Rebeling from her parents (who are lawyers) kind of life.

Let me know any ideas that you guys have!!! I already have two female subcharacters named Carie (Car-ie) and Jenny.

Mary Flufferbottom

:bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    TOM is coming to visit and I want to eat everything in the house! :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I need a name for my main character. I'm writing a novel (only about 1 1/2 chapters in over the last 6 months or so) but I cannot for the life of me decide on my characters name.

She's female, lonely but fairly successful, 23, dark hair, green eyes, tall, owns a record store in Uptown Minneapolis (to elaborate, the "different" area of town. Not quite downtown, not a rich area, close neighborhoods, old stores and restaurants, lots of locally owned businesses, the "goth" "punk" "indie" hangout), a little edgy, but not to the extreme. She's loves all music, somewhat reserved. Rebeling from her parents (who are lawyers) kind of life.

Let me know any ideas that you guys have!!! I already have two female subcharacters named Carie (Car-ie) and Jenny.

Mary Flufferbottom

Why would mary want to fluff her bottom? :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options

I don't! Elaborate!
  • Vanessa414
    Options

Mary Flufferbottom

Why would mary want to fluff her bottom? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    TOM is coming to visit and I want to eat everything in the house! :bigsmile:

No! Don't eat! I've eaten enough today for the both of us! And it was delicious!

See? Positive! :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I don't! Elaborate!

Andie is the name of molly ringwalds character in pretty in pink and she worked at a record store and Iona is the name of the lady that owned it.
  • Vanessa414
    Options

I don't! Elaborate!

Andie is the name of molly ringwalds character in pretty in pink and she worked at a record store and Iona is the name of the lady that owned it.

Oh... Um... I've never seen a Molly Ringwald movie.... :blushing:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    What do you guys think about... (here's my brainstorming session)

Charlotte (No, too Good Charlotte)
    Eliza (too Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    Melissa (Um... too girly)
    Jane (my mom's name)
    Nicole (too girly)
    Nancy (Too Nancy Drew, which I've never read)
    Linda (Nah)
    Sarah (too common, No offense, love!!)
    Dana (Had a manager named Dana, couldn't stand her)
    Davenie (Dave-anie, like in the Notebook)
    Elizabeth (Kinda like it, but no good nicknames)
    Mary (too old school, though, I might like that)
    Melodie (too whimsical)
    Davina (AKA Davie)

Bah, I dunno
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Nicknames for Elizabeth:

Beth, Eliza, Liz, Lizzy, Libby, I could go on.

Don't use any names from The Notebook. It's a very popular book/movie.

Time for me to go to bed.

Penelope.

:yawn:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Nicknames for Elizabeth:

Beth, Eliza, Liz, Lizzy, Libby, I could go on.

Don't use any names from The Notebook. It's a very popular book/movie.

Time for me to go to bed.

Penelope.

:yawn:

Thank you!!!! Good night!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    By George, I think I've got it!! Elaine! (My grandma's middle name) Laney for short. Opinions?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    By George, I think I've got it!! Elaine! (My grandma's middle name) Laney for short. Opinions?
    I like the name Laney but I like it spelled Lainey!
  • Vanessa414
    Options

OH that's better! :laugh: You rock, Renae!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Thank ya ma'am!!! I have a friend that spells hers that way and I think its purty!!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful black team. I hope your days goes great. I have to work, but I'm okay with that...gets me out of doing all the gravel shoveling to backfill the space around the pool! Going to go clean house. Work waits. Have a good day!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Morning all!

I have decided that I am going back to basics and weighing and measuring everything. I am going to try for no candy or cookies until Madison's birthday. I think if I can stay away from at least those two I can make it. See positive right!

Have a great day!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

i've always liked cassandra (cassie)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym with 'marathon gym friend' I am sure I will work off 600+ calories.

I burned 385 yesterday and said pffft when I looked at the HRM.

PFFFT...........who the hell do I think I am??? Seriously, when I started last June it took me 5 minutes to lift myself from my bed, I could walk to the end of the street and back, and was lucky to burn 200 calories motoring slowly on the ellip.

So now a BAD day is almost 400!!

I think that is the problem with my plateau. I am eating right but must move into a higher workout realm, which I am loath to enter.

Women (and andrew)with 9 kids running 5k races, ppl with only 3 beans to eat doing P90x and running 2.5 miles, girls in bikinis.................dang..............how can I compete with that???!!!

I must follow my 'Sisters in Health'(and Andrew) and kick up this routine. Make a commitment to myself, and not break it. If I promised one of you I would do something, I would make SURE I did, because I hate to break promises. So I am promising myself today that I will make a sched and stick to it.

I have walking, wogging, gym membership, Slim in 6, Power 90, Walk Away the Pounds, and even Dancing with the Oldies with our favorite Richard Simmons.

No excuses ladies............I just need to get my butt moving!!

Thank you for all your support, you are a great group of humans!!
    :flowerforyou: Jeannie