And if it's not artisan it's vintage! ha
  • steamlita
    steamlita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YOLO.
    YOLO YOLO YOLO, YOLO YOLO.

Pulling an all nighter, YOLO!!!
    Eating an entire pan of brownies, YOLO!
    Punched my math teacher in the face, YOLO!
    Bought an iced coffee!! YOLO!!!!!!
    Facebook all day!!! YOOOOLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have come to loathe the phrase "everyone is different." Ugh!
  • Minkime
    Minkime Posts: 41
    Options
    Read thru these forums and the one word you will see more than any is AMAZING! That word is over used all over the internet and t.v. and it really drives me nuts.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Here are some phrases that I hear in the business context that I absolutely hate:

"Outside the box"

"Drill down"

"Deep dive"

"Around" - as in when people say things like, "there were issues 'around' Jane's performance," or "we had a lot of discussion 'around' [insert subject or topic]."

"For the record." Look, I'm a lawyer, and I know what a "record" is. And 99.999999% of the time that this phrase is used outside of a court proceeding, there is no "record" being taken. Like on a forum post. Sorry, there's no "record" here that you need to clarify.
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    In forum posts:

Any text speak. Since you're using a full keyboard sitting at a computer, there's no need to use text abbreviations like "ppl" or "prolly" or "cos."

"OMG"

"FML"

"SMH"

":facepalm:"

And the mother of all text-speak that I hate more than any other: "LOL."
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    'Truth is.....' and anything 'bro' bahh

Don't you hate it when "bro" is pronounced "bra"? :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    I also hate it when people use the words "males" and "females" when they mean "men" and "women." For example, you see profiles that say, "I don't accept friend requests from males."

That just begs the question, "Male whats?" Do you mean "men"? Or do you mean any male creature?

What I'm saying here is, let's use the words "male" and "female" only as adjectives, please. :smile:
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    "no offense, but . . ."

yep!!! i hate this one... "no offence but.." i'm just about to cut you down to size to make myself feel better...

just.go.away.

:)
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    I feel the same on "git-r-done" - YUCK!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Walking the trails all the bikers YELL "ON YOUR LEFT" and ring a little bell at you...when you have enough of them, it's like an annoying freaking chorus of MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUR ASSS!! I hate it! That's why I stick to nature trails and not bike paths!

I hate when i yell, "On your left!" and you promptly move into the left(overtaking) lane. Why do you do this?
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "May or may not"

They both mean the same thing, it's redundant.

At work when someone says something like "I'll be talking to this slide" No, you are talking to your audience about the information displayed on the slide.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    "its whatever" "what ev" and saying "like" every other word annoy the &$#% outta me >.>
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, damn... if people stopped using all the words posted in this thread we'd all just end up standing around, silent, not talking at at all.

It seems like I'd annoy a whole lot of you seeing as I have used most of these words/phrases at one point or another.

I've been reading through the comments and thinking the same thing.
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    Well, damn... if people stopped using all the words posted in this thread we'd all just end up standing around, silent, not talking at at all.

It seems like I'd annoy a whole lot of you seeing as I have used most of these words/phrases at one point or another.

I've been reading through the comments and thinking the same thing.

No, we'd all be speaking English. Thirty years ago, almost none of the annoying expressions listed in this thread existed, yet everyone communicated just fine. :flowerforyou:
  • Musikelektronik
    Options
    And it's "sandwich," damn it, not "sammich." No one thinks it's funny when you write or pronounce it that way.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Okay as an out of touch and aging non text lingo expert what is YOLO? I kind of figured the others, but that one escapes me.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Okay as an out of touch and aging non text lingo expert what is YOLO? I kind of figured the others, but that one escapes me.

You Only Live Once
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of everyone "loosing" weight on MFP. With all those pounds flying around unrestrained, someone is going to get hurt. :-)

loose does not equal lose.

Agreed to the fullest!!! I was confused about my grammar by seeing this word "loosing", instead of "losing". ....ololol
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Blame the bizarre rules of English spelling. People will continue to confuse "lose" and "loose" as long as "lose" rhymes with "choose."

Darn that Great Vowel Shift!