1789101113»

Replies

• SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~~Hates the phrase, "My Bad!"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    "I have gained and lost the same 5 pounds..." No, you really haven't. You're seeing the same number on the scale but trust me, it's not the SAME fat that you had before.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    The word "moist."

Just typing that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    throw up in my mouth a little bit.
    This is another one that should be banned right away.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    The word "moist."

Just typing that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Ahhh....Nothing like a "dry" birthday cake..... :)
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shocked at all the "moist" hatred around here. I wonder if all the advertisers touting their moist products realize that a significant minority abhors the word.
  • treetop57
    Options
    A question for the "moist" haters: Does the word "moisturizer" get to you as well?

122007-johnsons-24-hour-moisturizer.jpg
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Veggie. I hated that when I was 5, and I hate it today. It's a vegetable. Even "veg" is ok. But veggie just makes me cringe.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shocked at all the "moist" hatred around here. I wonder if all the advertisers touting their moist products realize that a significant minority abhors the word.

I don't get it, either. "Moist." It's a word. Whatever. It's not like saying "my bad," or typing "YOLO" when describing banal daily activities, or unnecessarily using text-speak, or using one of the many other hated expressions that have been described here.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

I don't get it, either. "Moist." It's a word. Whatever. It's not like saying "my bad," or typing "YOLO" when describing banal daily activities, or unnecessarily using text-speak, or using one of the many other hated expressions that have been described here.

It's definitely a "thing," even in How I Met Your Mother, there's an episode about Lily hating the word "moist." I think it's the feeling it conjurs in people's heads. Slightly damp, sticky and dirty, dirty, dirty on a sort of hard surface.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

It's definitely a "thing," even in How I Met Your Mother, there's an episode about Lily hating the word "moist." I think it's the feeling it conjurs in people's heads. Slightly damp, sticky and dirty, dirty, dirty on a sort of hard surface.

HIMYM is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. But let's not use that as proof that many people hate the word "moist." For one thing they're fictional characters; for another, their neuroses have been (greatly) exaggerated for comic effect. :laugh:
  • treetop57
    Options
    True, you can't believe everything on TV. But I read on the internet that it's a fairly common "word aversion." So it has to be true!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    When someone says the past tense of "to see" as "seen"......as in "I seen that movie yesterday". Makes the English major in my soul weep.
    But in Scots it's perfectly acceptable, because we regularly use the past participle instead of the preterite (although it tends to be used more in spoken rather than written language).

The word awesome should be banned... it's worse than nails on a blackboard :noway:

I don't get what's wrong with moist. I find it very onomatopoeic :laugh: