Calling all ripped in 30 people

Options

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    What weights do you all use? I think I am gonna start this one. I tried doing a second round of 30DS and got really bored. I have 5lb weights and could easily go up to 8's.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    What weights do you all use? I think I am gonna start this one. I tried doing a second round of 30DS and got really bored. I have 5lb weights and could easily go up to 8's.

Use what you feel comfortable with. I'm using 3lbs but I have horrible upper body strength
  • justkell44
    justkell44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 day 1. Wow! It definitely re-inforced my hate of any plank work, lol. This was definitely harder than Week 1 strength training. Cardio wise I think Week 1 was harder. Plank work doesn't tire me out cardio wise, it's more muscle wise I get tired. During the first set of cardio with the 2 minutes of plank work my thighs were screaming so I had to take a few breaks. The ab work in Week 2 is also a lot harder. I found myself having to do just basic crunches after a few attempts of what Jillian was doing just to keep my heart rate up and keep moving. I know by the time it's time to move on to Week 3 though I'll make sure I can do a decent amount of the ab work. I'm not going to give up!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 day 1. Wow! It definitely re-inforced my hate of any plank work, lol. This was definitely harder than Week 1 strength training. Cardio wise I think Week 1 was harder. Plank work doesn't tire me out cardio wise, it's more muscle wise I get tired. During the first set of cardio with the 2 minutes of plank work my thighs were screaming so I had to take a few breaks. The ab work in Week 2 is also a lot harder. I found myself having to do just basic crunches after a few attempts of what Jillian was doing just to keep my heart rate up and keep moving. I know by the time it's time to move on to Week 3 though I'll make sure I can do a decent amount of the ab work. I'm not going to give up!

wtg!!! you got this, just keep moving :) good luck
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    week 3 day 3 of RI30. It kicks my *kitten* but so worth it!!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 tomorrow
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    OK, you have convinced me - so I just bought it! I'm starting the 3rd level of 30DS and need something to do in between NROLFW.

Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • riss725
    riss725 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS on Friday, and for being a bigger girl, I was shocked at the difference in my body and how much it changed it. Lol I am not gonna lie...I did 30DS to prove it won't work. Yea well, it proved me wrong! Even my husband was shocked at my before and after photos :smile:
    I was so impressed with Jillian Michaels that I am starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow and I am hoping I get the same results!
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did RI30 Week 1 Day 5 today. I've done it straight through everyday. I plan to rest on Tuesday, then do 6 days straight of Week 2.

From the way you ladies talk, I'm not looking forward to week 2. :-/
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HA! This is hilarious!!!! I came on here looking for a bunch of ripped 30 something year olds.
  • ehsquared
    ehsquared Posts: 42
    Options
    On day 4 of lv2 of 30DS and would love any of you lovely ladies to be a buddy of mine. I will probably do Ripped after I finish the shred. It's nice to know what I should be looking forward too :)
  • amanday88
    amanday88 Posts: 68
    Options
    I have one more day of level 2 on ripped in 30, and its such a work out! I already have pants fitting better! Def a work out but worth it!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I finished 30DS on Friday, and for being a bigger girl, I was shocked at the difference in my body and how much it changed it. Lol I am not gonna lie...I did 30DS to prove it won't work. Yea well, it proved me wrong! Even my husband was shocked at my before and after photos :smile:
    I was so impressed with Jillian Michaels that I am starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow and I am hoping I get the same results!

Great job that you got through it :) I was surprised with my results also good luck with RI30, you got this!!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I did RI30 Week 1 Day 5 today. I've done it straight through everyday. I plan to rest on Tuesday, then do 6 days straight of Week 2.

From the way you ladies talk, I'm not looking forward to week 2. :-/

I'm not looking fwd to it either but we can do it :)
  • Cindym82
    Options
    HA! This is hilarious!!!! I came on here looking for a bunch of ripped 30 something year olds.

LOL nice :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Week 2 is one of my faves!!!!
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Week 2 is one of my faves!!!!

I start it after work, so I'll take your word on it....if it's death i'm coming to find you and you can come be my cheer leader for 6 days LOL
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

Use what you feel comfortable with. I'm using 3lbs but I have horrible upper body strength
    i use 5lbs weights and then for the one you swing the weight and the dead lifts i use 1 20lb weight but that is simply because im trying to lift heavier
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Level 2 definately has alot of plank work. I did day 1 of it today and I probably should have watched it before because it too me a few tries to get the moves down.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Level 2 definately has alot of plank work. I did day 1 of it today and I probably should have watched it before because it too me a few tries to get the moves down.

thanks for the heads up, maybe i'll watch it first
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!