Breakfast - a waste of calories?

Options

Replies

• BeebsAbs
    BeebsAbs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Strike 1, batter doesnt even swing.
    still not a site given from Acg67

I suggest you take your own advice, dont wanna strike out standing do we?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

What don't you understand about the burden of proof? You made a claim and i've asked you to substantiate it. You've posted a few sites none of which showed that eating breakfast will increase metabolism when calories and protein were held constant.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    I have been going to a personal trainer for 8 weeks now. His advice to me was to eat several small meals per day to keep your metabolism burning. When I don't eat breakfast or consume at least half of my calories before dinner, I tend to eat all evening. I also have noticed I don't lose weight when I don't consume 1200 calories per day. It's not about saving your calories to load up on high calorie, unhealthy food. It's about fueling the body and giving it all the things it needs. If you eat healthy, you don't have to worry about saving calories. There will be plenty to last throughout the day.
  • BeebsAbs
    Options

What don't you understand about the burden of proof? You made a claim and i've asked you to substantiate it. You've posted a few sites none of which showed that eating breakfast will increase metabolism when calories and protein were held constant.

and thats strike 2 ladies and gents

and clearly you don't understand it either.

If your that worried about me posting something about it why don't you prove me wrong by posting something against it?

Obviously you didn't eat breakfast or your cognition would have been much better......
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

If your that worried about me posting something about it why don't you prove me wrong by posting something against it?

Obviously you didn't eat breakfast or your cognition would have been much better......

Question for LiamBeeby87 - in the studies you referenced. Did 100% of participants have the same results? Or were there some participants for which breakfast made no difference?
  • BeebsAbs
    Options

correct me if im wrong (doubtful you can research that either) but i never said anything about SUSTAINING anything but the metabolism kick starting so it gets to 10 times better at burning then before the breakfast. the sustaining will come from your snacks/meals throughout the day
  • Acg67
    Options

Why would i do the work for you? You made a claim so it should be easy to substantiate. Do you have any actual studies supporting your claim or no, you're just making things up?
  • dawnmarie1981
    Options
    I think you'll find mymost health experts will tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Personally, I can eat all day every day(thats the probelm)

Yep, I agree
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Liam...the point is these studies have been posted all over MFP. There's a group in MFP specifically dedicated to IF. We talk about this stuff. And to be honest (anecdotal evidence here)...the leanest people I've seen on this forum are pretty much all members there.

The tenets of IF state that it's irrelevant when you eat. This stuff is based on these papers you'd like me to link you.

Send me your email and I'll email you a very, very interesting read.
  • BeebsAbs
    Options

Why would i do the work for you? You made a claim so it should be easy to substantiate. Do you have any actual studies supporting your claim or no, you're just making things up?

i suppose i'm making it up, just like the Nutritionist from one of the previous links.

Each debate has 2 sides. At least i have attempted to get you into my way of thinking.
    Most of the links published are by MD's, one link even from Johns Hopkins, which obviously means nothing to you.

Im happy to put my hands up and say i'm wrong. A real man admits his mistakes, but i have had no reason to have my mind changed YET.
    So PLEASE i'm begging you to prove me wrong. If i can't prove i'm right it doesn't automatically make you right

Otherwise you have struck out on this one and at least i can say i attempted to do something about it rather then act like a complete d-bag and just argue what i'm saying.

So one last chance otherwise im calling BS on what you are saying.

I have previously said i'm walking away from this. So here it is....... you have 1 more post to prove me wrong or you have been as much use as a chocolate coffee pot
  • BeebsAbs
    Options
    Liam...the point is these studies have been posted all over MFP. There's a group in MFP specifically dedicated to IF. We talk about this stuff. And to be honest (anecdotal evidence here)...the leanest people I've seen on this forum are pretty much all members there.

The tenets of IF state that it's irrelevant when you eat. This stuff is based on these papers you'd like me to link you.

i inboxed you my email buddy. You have at least attempted to persuade me rather then antagonise what i am saying with not even try to give evidence for what you are saying
  • BeebsAbs
    Options

one question
    During IF do you still take shakes? or is it purely relying on what you eat?
  • Acg67
    Options

i suppose i'm making it up, just like the Nutritionist from one of the previous links.

Each debate has 2 sides. At least i have attempted to get you into my way of thinking.
    Most of the links published are by MD's, one link even from Johns Hopkins, which obviously means nothing to you.

Im happy to put my hands up and say i'm wrong. A real man admits his mistakes, but i have had no reason to have my mind changed YET.
    So PLEASE i'm begging you to prove me wrong. If i can't prove i'm right it doesn't automatically make you right

Otherwise you have struck out on this one and at least i can say i attempted to do something about it rather then act like a complete d-bag and just argue what i'm saying.

I have previously said i'm walking away from this. So here it is....... you have 1 more post to prove me wrong or you have been as much use as a chocolate coffee pot

You're right debate does have two sides, but there is also something called the burden of proof which squarely falls on your shoulders and which you've yet to prove anything. A simple request of a study or two showing a metabolic advantage to eating breakfast resulted in you posting not a single study.

So go ahead and call BS on what I'm saying and continue to beleive in the fantasy of unicorns, elves and a metabolic advantage to eating breakfast.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

one question
    During IF do you still take shakes? or is it purely relying on what you eat?

Yes with the shakes...but only within your window if you're technically IF'ing. It's important that you get your macros in and in right in order to build muscle etc with IF. I mean it's important anyhow...but it can be more difficult when eating within a religiously set window.

The way I do it is looser. If I'm stupidly hungry for some reason, I'll eat, then adjust my window accordingly (this doesn't happen often, and it's even rarer that it's not within a reasonable proximity to my normal window). This makes it easier to get the things I need in, and makes things adaptable. Rigidity can be the death of any method of eating.

Weekends I eat as I please.

By the way, no email? I'll try PMing you mine.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was going to reply to this thread but I haven't got a **** to wave about in the competition so I think I best leave it.
  • BeebsAbs
    Options

You're right debate does have two sides, but there is also something called the burden of proof which squarely falls on your shoulders and which you've yet to prove anything. A simple request of a study or two showing a metabolic advantage to eating breakfast resulted in you posting not a single study.

So go ahead and call BS on what I'm saying and continue to beleive in the fantasy of unicorns, elves and a metabolic advantage to eating breakfast.

so you are going out with not even a whimper
    Hmmm heroic, i'll ride away on my unicorn and get the fair maiden then while the neanderthal scratches his head and still cant think of anything to say but "wheres your evidence"

being stubborn on the debate gets you no where.

If you were in court and somebody puts there case across, isn't it in your best interest to fight that claim with your own evidence no matter how strong the defendants is?
    I had some evidence, however strong it was, i gave some.
    If you whimpered in court like you just did you would be destined to lose
  • BeebsAbs
    Options
    Im gonna publicly apologise to Cris as he is providing info for IF. Which i will read and get back to anyone whos interested to read it.
    This is called respect. I attempted to give my view, he is attempting his.

You cant ask for $100 and promise to give $100 back when you want can you?
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry in the morning. I might have a Fiber One bar or a Box of Raisins. Normally I eat my Lunch at 11am which is quite early.
  • Acg67
    Options

so you are going out with not even a whimper
    Hmmm heroic, i'll ride away on my unicorn and get the fair maiden then while the neanderthal scratches his head and still cant think of anything to say but "wheres your evidence"

being stubborn on the debate gets you no where.

If you were in court and somebody puts there case across, isn't it in your best interest to fight that claim with your own evidence no matter how strong the defendants is?
    I had some evidence, however strong it was, i gave some.
    If you whimpered in court like you just did you would be destined to lose

What do I have to prove? I've yet to make a claim or even say you were incorrect, only asked you to substantiate your claim. Strong reading comprehension on your part bro
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Let the pissing match begin!