5'5 girls..what is goal weight?

Options

Replies

• jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal weight is 145. I felt good when I was 159 at about a size 10 jeans, but want to be a 5/7, so I figured 145 would be perfect for me.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you Reyna (what a surprise ;) ).

I'm a mom to 4, 34, and 5'5". My SW here was 161, original goal was 135. Current weight is 135, and I'd like to get below 130, but I'm really not too worried about the number. Right now I am just focused on being healthy, losing body fat/inches, and gaining definition.

hehe of course you would twin :))
    let's the body fat go AWAY!!
  • gerrimckendree
    Options
    I am going to try to cut back on my sodium and sagar. I drink Diet Dr. Pepper which wakes me up and keeps me alert. I eat Kellogg's 90 calorie bars for breakfast and snack. What do you think?
  • malkb27
    malkb27 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 23 years old. I currently weigh 140, but I'm aiming for 126! My real goal weight is happiness and a rockin' bikini body!
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of REALLY low weight goals! I'm 5'6 and my goal 160. I'm pretty curvy though. Below that, Im afraid I'd lose the parts I want to keep!
    160 is at the beginning of the overweight category for bmi at that height. I know it can depend a lot on your body composition, but I really don't think a goal weight in the 120-130 range is unreasonably low for most!

We all have different frames. I am quite happy with myself in the 140-150 range. I don't want to be "skinny." At 120, I would be SKINNY. Plus, as we reach goals and/or get closer, those goals may change. Frankly, the girl who weighs 110 and wants to weigh 100 lbs concerns me a LOT more than someone whose goal is currently 160. Everyone's journey is different...
    I agree. I'm not trying to say that 160 doesn't look nice on some people, because I'm sure that it does! I just meant that it's a higher goal to be used as a benchmark when looking at other people's goals because on a lot of body types (like mine), it's a little high. She said that a lot of goals are REALLY low, but most don't go below 120 (with a few exceptions).

OK. :smile: You're right, then. :flowerforyou:

I agree. There are a lot of 120's and 130's on here! I have a good friend who is the same height as I am, and she's 130. It looks awesome on here, because her frame is tiny tiny. I have a larger frame, so I think at 130, I would look like Skeletor! lol! I think it's neat to see all of these goals. It really puts it into perspective of how different we really are, and how we can't hold ourselves up to everyone else's standards. I can't wait to rest nicely between 150 and 160! I bet all of you 130 gals are going to look gorgeous at your goal weights! Good luck!! <3
  • jrev86
    jrev86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, just turned 26 with the goal weight of at or under 120. I'm currently at 137 with 21.5% body fat. I'm a small frame so I know that 118-125 is where my body should be without looking unheatlhy or just bones. Everyone is just a little different! Good luck to all my fellow 5'5 folks on hitting their goals!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am a little surprised at some of the low weights too. Here is my benchmark. A friend of mine is optimistically 4'10". Her "happy weight" 100 pounds. When she weighs 100 pounds she fits perfectly into a size 0 petite (and she is tiny!). She feels (and looks) too skinny below 95, and I think she has maxed out around 105. So basing things on her, and doing the whole 5# for each inch, then 5'5" people should be doing pretty well around 135ish. I am shocked to see 110s. For some odd reason, most of my friends are all 5'5" and my size 0 friend is 125! It just seems really small to be below 120 at 5'5" in my book.
  • DangerDiv
    DangerDiv Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm 5'5"-5'6" ish... been a while since i've legitimately had my height measured and my comp card was a total lie and listed me at 5'8", but whatever....

yeah, your friend that is a 0 at 125 is about right. I am about 130, but also wear a 0/25. When i was 110 I was a 00/24, but wore 0s anyway, 'cos 00 to me is a size meant for super short people. it was sorta embarrassing. However, 110 was my working weight (ex-model). I'm wavering between getting back to 110 or 115, only because I looked ridiculously shredded at those weights. But, honestly, as long as I get to eat, I am happy. So if I can't do that without eating, then screw it. But for now, my goal, too, is between 110 and 115, not because of sizes, but because I liked how my body looked. it was pretty dope.

I know a girl about my height, 155 lbs! Wears a 2, i believe. Her body is BLOODY AMAZING. She does fit modeling, too. Just wanted to throw that out there.

<3
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 I started out 250+, joined MFP at 227 and now am right about 170. My first goal was 175, but now I'd really like to see 150-140. That would make for a great 37th birthday this August!
  • healthyschmealthy
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 118. I currently weigh 135 lbs and have a body fat percentage of 25%. I'd like to lower it to about 15%.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 145-150
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think age is a factor here. I noticed that many of the younger women have goals around 120 lbs. or less. I am 58, and 5'6" my goal is 138. I am very close to that now, and I have no interest in losing another 10 lbs., nor do I think I would look good at that weight. I want a weight that is realistic, healthy and sustainable.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    5'5

sw=198
    current=166
    goal=145 (even tho everyone thinks this is CRAZY)

Why does everyone think that is CRAZY ? Hmmmmm

They (ie friends) think that I already look good and that i would look funny at 145.
    shoot once i get there Might go for 130!

Most of my friend/coworkers are overweight. They don't want to try to lose weight .
    Go on fake diets. ( one stopped eating McDonald's for a week)

I think the husband would like me to stop talking about it. But i cant. It is my hobby/ life/ routine now.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, just turned 26 with the goal weight of at or under 120. I'm currently at 137 with 21.5% body fat. I'm a small frame so I know that 118-125 is where my body should be without looking unheatlhy or just bones. Everyone is just a little different! Good luck to all my fellow 5'5 folks on hitting their goals!

I don't want to be nagging or nitpicky, but if you're 21.5%BF at 137, 120 or below might not be possible. You have 107 pounds of lean mass, and unless you lose quite a few pounds of muscle, your goal weight would put you at about 11% BF.
  • kimi72
    kimi72 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am 5'5 and will be 40 this year. I have 3 teenagers and my SW was 197. My goal is 130-140. My doc says 140 but I hope to go a little lower.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    135 I think. I want to be a size 6. So I think it will depend how things fit at what weight. When I feel healthy and fit and am fitting into styles that I want to wear, that will be my resting place whether it be 130, 140, or anything else.
  • ozo27
    ozo27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 at a healthy 135 after losing the 25 lbs I gained post college. I don't have a goal weight per say but would really really like to shrink my waist from its current of ~32 on a good day to about 26-29 if its at all possible, cheers and good luck everyone in reaching your goals.

SN- what does SW mean?
  • carys84
    carys84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and a smidge and currently 149 down from a peak of 158. I have a pretty small frame and still wearing 12/14 (UK) . My goal is 9st (126). Pretty much all of my weight is on my stomach and I'm fed up of looking pregnant when I'm in my undies!
  • DontWannaKnow
    Options
    5'5!

my healthy gw is120
  • specialtreat
    Options
    I am 5'4 and 38yrs old with 5 kids. I was 120lb [55kgs] pre children.
    My heaviest was 171lb [77.8kgs] a month ago and now I am 156lb [71kgs]. I would love to get down to 132lb [60kgs] with my ultimate goal being 127lb [58kgs].
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!