Options
123457»

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

And that's something I don't get. How come (like anyone knows) but woman around my hight if not shorter, weigh MORE and look a lot thinner then me!? Weird...

it's because they have more muscles and a lower bodyfat%.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

And that's something I don't get. How come (like anyone knows) but woman around my hight if not shorter, weigh MORE and look a lot thinner then me!? Weird...

Weight is completely meaningless when it comes to being thin and fit. Google nerdfitness and staci.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

Btw the only way to lose more weight is to lose muscle. You need to cut fat and stop scale watching. Eat closer to your tdee and do lots of weight training.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

Because you've lost weight whilst eating ****. Effectively you've become a smaller version of what you were. Still as lumpy and bumpy but less muscle and less fat. Check out "skinny fat".
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

5'6''

That's exactly what I meant in my first post. She is muscular, sounds like you are 'skinnyfat' as you dont eat enough to maintain the muscle You have already, nevermind to build more! That's why it's so important that you eat enough of the right foods, so you can look better even if you weigh more x
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER cared about carbs and I lost 40 lbs and kept it off 3 years now ! I eat granola bars granola cereal smoothies (with granolla) for breakfast. I dont get the carb thing at all , People are all about certain amounts of carbs. I have no clue and dont care how much I have. As long as I am eating around 1300 calories and no fatty foods or junk Its fine. And working out to lose the pounds is better then starving yourself to lose them.
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    I know people that are tiny but look like crap because they have no definition or muscle tone. And people who are a little meatier that are really toned and look amazing.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    5'6''

I'm 5'1". At my fittest (and we're not talking superfit or anything, just lean and decently muscled), I was 112 lbs. I'm willing to bet that you'd look a lot better at a higher weight, but with more muscles and less body fat, and you're not going to achieve that by doing what you're doing. Building muscles takes energy, lots of it.
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You dont really sound like you care to change your ways, Eating breakfast a waste of time are you joking ? Its not hard to grab a granola bar on the way out the door. Eat in your car.

Breakfast is not needed, you can eat 1 or 10 meals a day, what matters is your total caloric intake, not when you eat it.
    I've actually read research that disproves this theory. You may still lose weight only eating one 1500cal meal per day but it will be a great deal slower than if your eating at regular intervals throughout the day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You dont really sound like you care to change your ways, Eating breakfast a waste of time are you joking ? Its not hard to grab a granola bar on the way out the door. Eat in your car.

Breakfast is not needed, you can eat 1 or 10 meals a day, what matters is your total caloric intake, not when you eat it.
    I've actually read research that disproves this theory. You may still lose weight only eating one 1500cal meal per day but it will be a great deal slower than if your eating at regular intervals throughout the day.

Please post study so we can review. Was it a peer review study, or a study funded by an interest group?