Just when I thought Skinny Cow couldn't be any better...

Options
12346»

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Is this a dumb questions? (I just started - again - this week - so I am "new" to this...)

Did Dave198lbs really get banned for what was said in this thread? Can that happen? Seriously?
    :noway:

it can happen and he has been banned before but I don't think it was anything he said per say on a thread, more like he called someone a nasty name (one of the times he was banned). I am not completely sure he was banned this time for this thread or maybe he just got tired of being yelled at for speaking his mind and deactivated his own account. I think (not sure about this) you can get banned if some one reports you and your actions
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Is this a dumb questions? (I just started - again - this week - so I am "new" to this...)

Did Dave198lbs really get banned for what was said in this thread? Can that happen? Seriously?

it can happen and he has been banned before but I don't think it was anything he said per say on a thread, more like he called someone a nasty name (one of the times he was banned). I am not completely sure he was banned this time for this thread or maybe he just got tired of being yelled at for speaking his mind and deactivated his own account. I think (not sure about this) you can get banned if some one reports you and your actions

Yep. See the words "report post" at the bottom of every post?
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options

Yes I do see that button! !!! Geez! But surely there had to be more to it than this post?

If not, shhhhh, we should stop talking......
    :wink:
  • naugustyniak
    Options

Yes I do see that button! !!! Geez! But surely there had to be more to it than this post?

If not, shhhhh, we should stop talking......
    :wink:

It does take more than that (not sure exactly what) you could check the rules section under messages. I do know Dave has been banned a few times since I have been here.

here's the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    I figured the rules were pretty reasonable - thank you to whom ever moderates all this craziness.....
    :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This is why Dave was banned.....everyone speculates, but nobody really knew him, funny how people will make assumptions and run with it., some people on these boards are sad people that don't need MFP but help from an actual doctor, a little dose of reality, good, bad, indifferent from a stranger, take it or leave it but be mature about it, don't assume someones bashing you, would it kill people to send a simple pm to see what's up? I just don't understand people I guess....so i'llstick to the real life ones, the ones I can touch and see. that way i'm safe :laugh:

Re: leaving the boards
    Body: come on....that would be a real bummer......whats up?

maybe just take a break?

I understand though......I will probably be banned...yesterday....some ladies were offended by me cuz i said fat chick about an imaginary chick but they took it personally

there is a real maturity problem here

hope you reconsider...I would miss you
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    This is why Dave was banned.....everyone speculates, but nobody really knew him, funny how people will make assumptions and run with it., some people on these boards are sad people that don't need MFP but help from an actual doctor, a little dose of reality, good, bad, indifferent from a stranger, take it or leave it but be mature about it, don't assume someones bashing you, would it kill people to send a simple pm to see what's up? I just don't understand people I guess....so i'llstick to the real life ones, the ones I can touch and see. that way i'm safe :laugh:

Re: leaving the boards
    Body: come on....that would be a real bummer......whats up?

maybe just take a break?

I understand though......I will probably be banned...yesterday....some ladies were offended by me cuz i said fat chick about an imaginary chick but they took it personally

there is a real maturity problem here

hope you reconsider...I would miss you

Don't blame him at all and I kind of figured he did it himself. Thanks for the post.
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    i love skinny cow!