6 yr old taken to police station in handcuffs

Options

Replies

• Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Spank the parents too for having a brat for a child.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Spank the parents too for having a brat for a child.

YES!!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point. I believe that spanking works with some kids and some kids it turns them into bullies or aggressive when they otherwise wouldnt have been.....

enough said.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If her parents spanked her, this wouldn't be a problem...

A wooden spoon speaks volumes.
    ^^ got me all choked up with memories LOL :laugh: :laugh: our schools here still allow corporal punishment if we sign for it. So when we moved here my kids were shocked lol. I said OH YEAH I'm signing lol they are all straight A students :) and one is graduating next month. But they all know mama's shoe can fly across a room if they mouth off LOL

My Mom broke a lot of spoons on my butt!
    I'm no stranger to the flying shoe either! :tongue:
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I disagree. They are not woken up at all to what a problem this child is. They are defending her "bad day" and being upset that the school did anything about it.

Of course they did, but I bet you anything they don't want this embarrassing incident to happen again. No matter who they blame, I bet this kid and parents had their eyes opened.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ this

think it's lawyer's fault, all these lawsuits, had the school tried to do anything they would have been sued for millions because they prevented the child from hurting themselves or others

seriously, when someone else's kid is going nuts, knocking over bookcases and hurting people, what can you do that won't get you sued?

1950 you could spank them, now you have to call the police.
    No one called police....most public schools have resource officers always on duty for this reason. We have two in my building at all times. There is plenty that can be done. Most schools have crisis plans and teachers are trained in state approved restraints, and calming techniques. I can't believe people are upset about this...this is how we hqave conditioned our kids to be...these are the kids I see everyday.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When a child goes on that much of a rant especially in school there is definitely a problem with discipline at home.I have 3 kids one of which has ADHD and he would NEVER even think about acting like this at home or at school,because he knows he'd in in MAJOR trouble when he got home!

I was thinking the same thing. My son (now 25) was diagnosed with ADHD when he was in about the 1st grade. He never acted like that in school or any where else because I provided the discipline he needed. I don't mean spanking either. I just had rules about correct behavior and I let him know in no uncertain terms when his behavior was inappropriate. Threre were many times he would have rather been spanked and just gotten it over with but he wasn't that lucky.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have three questions:

1) How many calories did the 6-yo burn off?
    2) What is this listed as in MFP?
    3) Should she have lifted weights before or after the cardio?

Cheers,

Sean
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Or maybe that's what caused her anger problems in the first place. What an ignorant thing to say.

Based on Momma's "She has mood swings and this must have been a bad day," I'd say spanking the child has never happened and probably wouldn't hurt.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad the cops were level headed enough to provide the hyperactive child a Coke to calm her down.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Spank her! I was spanked when I was a kid and Im perfectly fine. Yes spanking should be the last resort, but obviously there needs to be something more than "time out" done here. This child was totally out of control. I have a 6 year old and if she EVER acted like that I would applaud the police handling the situation like that. And you bet your butt she would be getting a spanking when she got home!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    you arrest the parents, not the kid.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Kudos to that police officer. If a six year old child is throwing that much of a tantrum, there is something wrong with them. It might be something in the home that they are missing, it could be lack of dicipline or some sort of chemical imbalance, but they do need to take action and hold people accountable. (even at 6) This may draw a lot of media attention, as it should. How are they going to fix a problem that they don't acknowledge?

This parent is saying they shouldn't have use handcuffs on his child, would they rather them have drugged her to sedate her? May use a stun gun, or hurt her while physically retraining her? The police are in a no win situation here, and it's too bad. I'm glad the the school took action. Hopefully this child will get the help she needs.
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    She needs to see a psychologist and talk it out. It seems that she has some anger issues. Small children should not be put in jail, they are just kids and they need someone to take care of them and to me this seems like her outcry for help.

Unfortunately taking the child out of her home may be the only way that she can get the help that she needs.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

arresting the kid not only scares the poo out of them, but it scares the poo out of the other children thinking about acting like little dbags bc they arne't getting their way.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

^^ got me all choked up with memories LOL :laugh: :laugh: our schools here still allow corporal punishment if we sign for it. So when we moved here my kids were shocked lol. I said OH YEAH I'm signing lol they are all straight A students :) and one is graduating next month. But they all know mama's shoe can fly across a room if they mouth off LOL

My Mom broke a lot of spoons on my butt!
    I'm no stranger to the flying shoe either! :tongue:
    LOL For real! Switches, wooden spoons, my mamas house shoe, her hand, a belt, the fly swatter....pretty much whatever was handy at the moment. But let me tell you I deserved every single spanking I ever got! And Im now a responsible, respectful adult. I dont think its ok to hit, I dont think I was abused, and I never felt like I wasnt loved.
  • My1985Freckles
    Options

OMG! Where do I need to move????
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    This is the product of all these obsessive helicopter parents who allow their children to do whatever they want because they're "expressing themselves".

Their little angel could do no wrong.

"Kids will be kids..."

Yeah, and Felons will be felons! LOL

Your kid ain't perfect. I think its awesome they arrested a 6 yr. old. Maybe it will prevent her from becoming a felon.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    no way. a 6 year old doesn't understand things the way an adult does. you arrest the parents.
  • loseweightjames
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

doesn't say if the parents are going to court or not, just that the child was charged but won't go to court because she's 6:

"Johnson was charged with assault and damage to property, WMAZ-TV reported, but she will not have to go to court because of her age."

and i LOVE :heart: how they are teaching their YOUNG children the "POINT THE FINGER" game. Got a problem? School's fault! Police fault! Govt fault! Not MY fault! I'm perfect! I did nothing wrong! I just had a "mood swing"! I'm just having a "bad day"! It's not MY fault I hurt people and caused damage! This is YOUR fault!

these people are winners i just know it