6 yr old taken to police station in handcuffs

Options

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Spank her! I was spanked when I was a kid and Im perfectly fine. Yes spanking should be the last resort, but obviously there needs to be something more than "time out" done here. This child was totally out of control. I have a 6 year old and if she EVER acted like that I would applaud the police handling the situation like that. And you bet your butt she would be getting a spanking when she got home!

Spanking is the last resort. Most of the time, all
    I need to do is pull the spoon out of the drawer.

I got the paddle a couple of times in school. I
    acted like an *kitten*, and got what was coming to
    me. The principle had a special paddle made
    by the woodshop teacher that had holes drilled
    in to it.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I learned early on not to get in trouble at school..why...becausue they would paddle me...and then wehn I got home Id get a belt for getting in trouble...didnt take long for me to figure out...dont get in trouble...

I have an angelic red headed daughter now, and yes she has the red headed spirit...so when she acts up she gets one warning...
    once she didnt heed the warning and got her *kitten* smacked...now she heeds the warning...its very simple

As a former police officer i was called to houses to raise peoples kids for them, they wont take their pill, they wont go to bed, they wont stop talking back, they ran out the door, they wont eat supper....
    yes..all true calls...because nobody wants to be a parent anymore....
    Then you have the parents whose kids are the rowdiest most obnoxious kids on the playground and you see them shove your angelic girl down ...so you go pick her up and wipe the tears and tell the mean kids to be careful and its not nice to shove...they cry to their parents who decide to lecture you on how they know how to raise their kids and for you to not tell their kids this or that...and you calmly tell them away from the kids to get the F out of your face....and take babygirl for ice cream
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If her parents spanked her, this wouldn't be a problem...

A wooden spoon speaks volumes.

Absolutely. What's a 6yo doing in Kindergarden anyway??? Shouldn't they be in at least grade 1 or 2??

Kindergarteners are ages 5-6. I've worked with this age group for 6 years. ;-)
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

^^ got me all choked up with memories LOL :laugh: :laugh: our schools here still allow corporal punishment if we sign for it. So when we moved here my kids were shocked lol. I said OH YEAH I'm signing lol they are all straight A students :) and one is graduating next month. But they all know mama's shoe can fly across a room if they mouth off LOL

OMG! Where do I need to move????
    LOL it's a little gem of a place in Florida's panhandle...its like going back in time 30 years. i LOVE it!!!!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

^^ got me all choked up with memories LOL :laugh: :laugh: our schools here still allow corporal punishment if we sign for it. So when we moved here my kids were shocked lol. I said OH YEAH I'm signing lol they are all straight A students :) and one is graduating next month. But they all know mama's shoe can fly across a room if they mouth off LOL

OMG! Where do I need to move????

They also have this in TX. Half the football team in my high school got "swats" at least once a month. It was that or suspension. Which meant they couldn't play. Obvious choice. Didn't stop them from being dbags tho.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    no way. a 6 year old doesn't understand things the way an adult does. you arrest the parents.

Arrest the parents? Really? Way to teach the kids they will be held responsible for their actions.....
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I learned early on not to get in trouble at school..why...becausue they would paddle me...and then wehn I got home Id get a belt for getting in trouble...didnt take long for me to figure out...dont get in trouble...

I have an angelic red headed daughter now, and yes she has the red headed spirit...so when she acts up she gets one warning...
    once she didnt heed the warning and got her *kitten* smacked...now she heeds the warning...its very simple

As a former police officer i was called to houses to raise peoples kids for them, they wont take their pill, they wont go to bed, they wont stop talking back, they ran out the door, they wont eat supper....
    yes..all true calls...because nobody wants to be a parent anymore....
    Then you have the parents whose kids are the rowdiest most obnoxious kids on the playground and you see them shove your angelic girl down ...so you go pick her up and wipe the tears and tell the mean kids to be careful and its not nice to shove...they cry to their parents who decide to lecture you on how they know how to raise their kids and for you to not tell their kids this or that...and you calmly tell them away from the kids to get the F out of your face....and take babygirl for ice cream

L-O-V-E this!!!!!!!!!!! So very true
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    I have three questions:

1) How many calories did the 6-yo burn off?
    2) What is this listed as in MFP?
    3) Should she have lifted weights before or after the cardio?

Cheers,

Sean

1) 347
    2) Banchee Screaming
    3) She lifted weights during. It's a hybrid exercise much like 30DS.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

My Mom broke a lot of spoons on my butt!
    I'm no stranger to the flying shoe either! :tongue:
    LOL For real! Switches, wooden spoons, my mamas house shoe, her hand, a belt, the fly swatter....pretty much whatever was handy at the moment. But let me tell you I deserved every single spanking I ever got! And Im now a responsible, respectful adult. I dont think its ok to hit, I dont think I was abused, and I never felt like I wasnt loved.

Personally, I liked the ping pong paddle the best... it covered more surface area so it hurt less... hated the wooden spoon though... that sucker stung! And I had a couple of each broken on my *kitten* as well.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, I would be upset if my child had a behavior problem at six years old and ended up with a record. Not denying responsibility for the parents but a record at 6 for not being able to control the slurry that is a childs hormones/body chemicals is a little rough.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The parents need some parenting lessons.

6 years old? Throwing furniture and flipping out? My dad would have whooped my *kitten*. I had any object at hand thrown when I was a kid. I was never an angry person, straight A student, never suspended, became successful.

My dad's parenting style was "putting the fear of god in me, and he was god." :laugh:
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I have three questions:

1) How many calories did the 6-yo burn off?
    2) What is this listed as in MFP?
    3) Should she have lifted weights before or after the cardio?

Cheers,

Sean

1) 347
    2) Banchee Screaming
    3) She lifted weights during. It's a hybrid exercise much like 30DS.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am DYING!!!!! LOL
  • My1985Freckles
    Options

My Mom broke a lot of spoons on my butt!
    I'm no stranger to the flying shoe either! :tongue:
    LOL For real! Switches, wooden spoons, my mamas house shoe, her hand, a belt, the fly swatter....pretty much whatever was handy at the moment. But let me tell you I deserved every single spanking I ever got! And Im now a responsible, respectful adult. I dont think its ok to hit, I dont think I was abused, and I never felt like I wasnt loved.

Personally, I liked the ping pong paddle the best... it covered more surface area so it hurt less... hated the wooden spoon though... that sucker stung! And I had a couple of each broken on my *kitten* as well.

We had a ping pong table with no paddles. Why? They were all broken across my butt! They had to fashion a lovely paddle out of a 2x4. :-)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i wish my kid WOULD act up like that and get taken to the police station! you might as well keep that child for a minute cause he will get it when he gets home. toothbrush to the toilet duty (ha! i said duty)

im sick and tired of these parents blaming everyone else. get your kids under control. if you dont do it now, then you might as well let them take a ride to the pokey cause thats where they are headed.

you think you are doing your kids a favor by "talking" to them and trying to reason with them? Uh no I dont think so. Quit trying to be friends with your kids. Be a damn parent!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    no way. a 6 year old doesn't understand things the way an adult does. you arrest the parents.

Arrest the parents? Really? Way to teach the kids they will be held responsible for their actions.....

its the parents responsibility to figure how to hold their children responsible. Again- kids don't have the mind capacity to understand the concept of being arrested. arresting a kid doesn't solve any problems.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    When a child goes on that much of a rant especially in school there is definitely a problem with discipline at home.I have 3 kids one of which has ADHD and he would NEVER even think about acting like this at home or at school,because he knows he'd in in MAJOR trouble when he got home!

YES! YOU GO GIRL!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Maybe this experience taught the girl not to misbehave so badly.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    wow, that'll teach her I guess.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wow. She had to be crazy out of control. Makes me wonder what is going on at home...

more this.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, I would be upset if my child had a behavior problem at six years old and ended up with a record. Not denying responsibility for the parents but a record at 6 for not being able to control the slurry that is a childs hormones/body chemicals is a little rough.

Then perhaps they can expunge the record later in life (around 16/18) if nothing else happens between now and then... just a thought... and make the parents have a record and file it in the "need a parenting class or two" file... seriously, there is no reason (sans a documented mental health issue such as Autism or Bipolar disorder.... and even then the kid should be treated by a professional, not given an automatic pass) that makes this kind of behavior in anyone even remotely acceptible.... at all... "mood swings" or not...