South Beach Diet, who else is in???

Options
12346»

Replies

• foxsmommy
    foxsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi im on day one and super excited i have done atkins in the past but iamexcited abour the variety in sb anyone in phase one looking for abuddy...?....??????
  • daria64
    daria64 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm looking for a buddy :smile:

I started SB on Monday (6/11) and won't weigh myself until this Monday coming up ... I did it once after my son was born 7 years ago and lost 15lbs on Phase 1. I gained them back -- although keeping it off for 7yrs isn't that bad -- but! I have to do it again. Tonight, I find myself struggling to get through the night and it's soooo frustrating! I just want to make a big fat Nutella sandwich!

Ugghh!

12940326.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I started SB on Monday (6/11) and won't weigh myself until this Monday coming up ... I did it once after my son was born 7 years ago and lost 15lbs on Phase 1. I gained them back -- although keeping it off for 7yrs isn't that bad -- but! I have to do it again. Tonight, I find myself struggling to get through the night and it's soooo frustrating! I just want to make a big fat Nutella sandwich!

Ugghh!

12940326.png
    Hi! Welcome. A word of warning: several people have said that the weight doesn't fall off as quickly the second time. (maybe because folks kept a few good habits? I dunno). Regardless: don't give up! fend off the nutella!
  • daria64
    daria64 Posts: 6
    Options

Ugghh!

12940326.png
    Hi! Welcome. A word of warning: several people have said that the weight doesn't fall off as quickly the second time. (maybe because folks kept a few good habits? I dunno). Regardless: don't give up! fend off the nutella!

Thanks for the welcome post :smile:
    Not too thrilled to hear that the weight doesn't come off as quickly the second time around but I've decided to deal with any disappointments maturely and carefully -- while still continuing my diet. I've never made it to phase 3 -- I think alot of people lose it on Phase 2. That's probably what happened to me in some sense I just couldn't deal w/ all the choices and how to add anything back in gradually.

I love my jar of Nutella! I hope there is room for it in the diet at some point =/

12940326.png
  • Christinah5150
    Christinah5150 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im going to start Saturday, June 23. I have to go to the store. I'm so excited. I have PCOS and I'm insulin resistant so I'm hoping this will not only help me lose weight but regulate my insulin and sugar levels. I get really bad crashes. Sometimes I feel like I'm going faint. Please add me as a friend if you're doing this because I could really use some ideas on meals and stuff.
  • Sexycruisin
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 and have lost 9 pounds. Good luck.
  • Sexycruisin
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 and have lost 9 pounds. Good luck.
  • Sexycruisin
    Options
    I just finished up my 2 weeks today!!!!! Weighed in this morning and I have lost a total of ... drum roll... 9 lbs. I had lost the 9 lbs. during week 1, but after that I decided to start walking. I started walking 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening... WELL! I started to put the weight back on, despite watching all my calories, carbs, everything. I called the doctor and she said it was all water weight and to give it another week. This is the end of the second week and my numbers have come back down to my first week's loss. I am really discouraged, but I'm not going to stop. There are other benefits than just the number on the scale. But it sure is nice to see them going down, rather than up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I just finished up my 2 weeks today!!!!! Weighed in this morning and I have lost a total of ... drum roll... 9 lbs. I had lost the 9 lbs. during week 1, but after that I decided to start walking. I started walking 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening... WELL! I started to put the weight back on, despite watching all my calories, carbs, everything. I called the doctor and she said it was all water weight and to give it another week. This is the end of the second week and my numbers have come back down to my first week's loss. I am really discouraged, but I'm not going to stop. There are other benefits than just the number on the scale. But it sure is nice to see them going down, rather than up.
    9LBs in 2 weeks is AWESOME.
    Congrats.
    Keep walking!

Have you read the south beach diet supercharged book? If you're new to exercise, or "out of practice" it's worth a read. He has an exercise physiologist outline an interval walking program.
    And the book integrates eating and exercise well (again, it's more designed to appeal to folks who don't exercise regularly).
    Congrats again!
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to eat breakfast would it still work for me?

Keen to start this week but notice you cannot drink wine on phase 1 and have big event coming up on weekend so might start next week.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I don't tend to eat breakfast would it still work for me?

Keen to start this week but notice you cannot drink wine on phase 1 and have big event coming up on weekend so might start next week.
    Do you need phase 1? the recent book suggests that many folks don't...
  • chatnel
    Options
    Think I need the kick start with Phase 1 and I do have a sugar addiction at the moment.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Think I need the kick start with Phase 1 and I do have a sugar addiction at the moment.
    Then maybe you should. In the mean time (if you're set on that event), eat well, and watch the crap. Then go great guns after.
  • chatnel
    Options
    Well I did try this. Lost only 1 pound in phase 1 and gave up. I also did not like all the artificial sweetners he suggests as I believe they are worse than sugar.

Apart from that it was good but more beneficial to someone starting out as I was already eating pretty healthy (except the sugar problem).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Well I did try this. Lost only 1 pound in phase 1 and gave up. I also did not like all the artificial sweetners he suggests as I believe they are worse than sugar.

Apart from that it was good but more beneficial to someone starting out as I was already eating pretty healthy (except the sugar problem).
    He doesn't so much suggest artificial sweeteners as allow them. My sense from reading his book is that he doesn't want to overwhelm folks with too many changes. That said, many folks just skip the added sugars and don't replace them. Glad you figured out it wasn't for you, that's great.