Guys, how young is too young in terms of dating?

Options

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I refuse to date younger men especially if they didn't go to college. I have a graduate degree and working on my doctorate, so I need someone with similar career accomplishments and motivation. I am 24 soon to be 25, so I will like someone 24-29 or 30. I want to be with someone who is going through similar life events and not thinking about Social Security benefits in 10 years..I am just saying...
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    My first husband was 9 years older than me. My second is 7 years older. I wouldn't go any more than 10 years older, if I was to ever date again. I dated a 45 year old when I was 25, when we stopped dating, he went back to his wife and I actually ended up going to their 25 year anniversary party...that was weird. I have a friend who is 48 and just started dating a 29 year old. I think it's too big of a range...she's got 3 teenage kids, he's got 3 little kids, but other than the kids, I don't see where they have much in common at all.
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    older guys are soo sexy tho.... :bigsmile:

But how "old" is old?

well for me id prolly say late 30's

DAMN...two weeks too late......

:laugh:

Steve, you still fit the sexy bill... just saying...:blushing:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    My first husband was 9 years older than me. My second is 7 years older. I wouldn't go any more than 10 years older, if I was to ever date again. I dated a 45 year old when I was 25, when we stopped dating, he went back to his wife and I actually ended up going to their 25 year anniversary party...that was weird. I have a friend who is 48 and just started dating a 29 year old. I think it's too big of a range...she's got 3 teenage kids, he's got 3 little kids, but other than the kids, I don't see where they have much in common at all.

..amd what are your plans for Hubby number 3? LOL
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No chance.

I know a lot of people will say age is just a number, but when you are talking say me at 28, dating an 18 yr old its different stages of life. Not so much an issue say if you were 40 dating a 56 yr old. You are midlife, done the partying, may have been mairried/had kids moved out of home.

Im looking for someone I can do fun stuff with but also look to settling down into something much more solid than I will ever get out of someone who has just left high school in the last couple of years.

After my experiences, everyones will be different, I probably wouldnt date anyone younger than 22-24. Thats just me though :glasses:

ii couldnt agree with u more !! well said!!
  • smiles4deb
    Options

..amd what are your plans for Hubby number 3? LOL

There most definitely will not be a "third times a charm" for me... LOL If second one is not a charm, I'm gonna be single and lovin it!! :laugh:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    LOL
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    Nice bike, btw. Have been wanting one of those... :glasses:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Thanks so Much....Well, Maybe hubby # 3 wil have one! LOL
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    me and my fiance started dating when I was 17 and he was 22 and now i am 22 and he is 27 and we will be getting married :)
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    Thanks so Much....Well, Maybe hubby # 3 wil have one! LOL

I believe we just went over that... LOL:noway:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Looks like you ain't riding then! LOL
  • SeeDRun
    SeeDRun Posts: 12
    Options
    I can't imagine why someone would want to date someone that much younger. I try to look at things in perspective. If you were out of high school when the person you are thinking of dating was in diapers you might be just be doing something unnatrual if not out right wrong. I have dated 10 years above and 8 years below my age. Neither were a good match.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i don't know where i stand but for me 18 would be to young my niece she 16. it would just be awkward for me any way
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Half your age plus seven is the rule - so if you're 30, the youngest is 22
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There is a 22 year old guy who wants to date me, but he just looks like a kid to me- its creepy.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    There is a 22 year old guy who wants to date me, but he just looks like a kid to me- its creepy.

Was going to ask, checked you profile...wow had no idea you were that decrepit....

:wink:

Seriously...wow!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    + or - about 5 years for me gives a decent age range that more than likey ill have somthing in common with the person.

Thats my rule as well! Although I would prefer the older to the younger...otherwise if I went 5 yrs younger I would be dating a 20 yr old....and 20 yr old boys arent the most mature of people haha :tongue:
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Was going to ask, checked you profile...wow had no idea you were that decrepit....

:wink:

Seriously...wow!

Yeah I have one foot in the grave at this point.....
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    :smile: