Something we dont know about you.....

Options

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    was in and graduated NHS(national honor society) and OHS(oklahoma honor society). can speak spanish and english of course and going to learn another language just for fun soon lol
    I had 2 yrs of German in HS and can now only speak a few select words :smile:
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I got nothing either...but the sex thing I think every body does that(well you know what I mean)!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I spent a little less than half of a year with one side of my face completely paralyzed and extremely droopy, as if it was sliding off (slurred speech, watery eye, and all) while working as a high school principal in an alternative school. It was an extremely humbling experience, especially since I had to make speeches, deal with the public, stakeholders, etc. The students were much more gracious than they could have been, thank goodness. Bell's Palsy, which I had never seen before.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Frogs
  • angelashay42
    Options
    I am a recovering drug addict. 3 years sober and looooving my life. =)
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I am driving and see an ambulance going down the road with the sirens and lights on I say a little prayer and do the sign of the cross...

Reason being is that in that moment whoever is in that ambulance may not have anyone or their family may not know they are sick or in trouble....so I say a little prayer in the hopes it saves them or helps them...

This is so nice! I grew up doing that with my mom, but I got out of the habit. How thoughtful! I'm inspired to go back to it.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My best friend is friends with Katy Perry's manager.
  • RyleeNoelle
    RyleeNoelle Posts: 361
    Options
    I'm a painter! :)
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We have lovely spiders :) and yes I caught this one myself :)

76265_10150321298325109_634795108_15620071_868237_n.jpg

And you get them on and in your car... One day I was changing gears and one run across my hand... Scariest moment of my life

192398_10150433555880109_634795108_17455742_4804848_o.jpg

Dear goodnes.. I cant sleep tonight in fear of seeing these in my dreams now....
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i've broken my right wrist
    actually pretty much my whole body is a mess even though it looks healthy on the outside
    and other embarrasing things that can't be admitted
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I run the official street team for the band the Goo Goo Dolls :-)
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was kidnapped when I was 6 years old and taken to the Middle East. I was brought back to the U.S. 4 years later. Oprah wanted me on her show.

Seriously? WOW...really?

I know, hard to beleive. My parents divorced when I was six, and my father kidnapped me and my younger sister and took us to Pakistan. He brought us back 4 years later. Crazy, but true.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My HS counselor told me I wasn't smart enough to go to college. I looked at her, pointed my finger in her face and said: "Joan, you're wrong about me" and walked out, never to speak with her again.

6.5 years later, I had earned my bachelors and masters degree and sent a copy to her. Little did I know, she was fired long before I earned my masters.

Don't tell me I can't do something...

awesome! congrats on your achievements!!! :)
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

congrats on your 3 years of sobriety!! :)
  • mellanieblue
    Options
    I can name a song after the first few opening notes almost every time. Even within lots of genres of music I do not listen to or like.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    My HS counselor told me I wasn't smart enough to go to college. I looked at her, pointed my finger in her face and said: "Joan, you're wrong about me" and walked out, never to speak with her again.

6.5 years later, I had earned my bachelors and masters degree and sent a copy to her. Little did I know, she was fired long before I earned my masters.

Don't tell me I can't do something...

awesome! congrats on your achievements!!! :)

Very inspiring... thanks!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I had a brain tumor about the size of a baseball 12 years ago! :noway:

Damn - who woulda thought someone could steal my brain tumor thunder?!?!?! :wink:
    I had a brain tumor removed 5 years ago. Mine was about the size of a golf ball. But it was so grown into my cavernous sinus that I've still got about 20% of it left. And it produces Human Growth Hormone - which gives me a disease called Acromegaly.

I don't think I stole your thunder! I think anyone who has gone through it is a winner! mine was on the left side behind my ear and pushing on my balance sensors. I have 3 metal plates and a nice battle scar!
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a LARP costume in my closet..
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i spent a summer living on a school bus following the GreatfulDead..
    and am a published artist.