Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    ~Half a Medium Banana -60 Calories (Cut into slices on top of the rice cakes and almond butter and honey)
    ~Honey, 2 tsp-40 Calories (1 tsp on each rice cake)
    ~Pc No Name - Rice Cake - Unsalted, 2 cake-80 Calories
    ~Mara Natha - Almond Butter Natural No Salt Added, 2 tsp-70 Calories (1 tsp on each rice cake)

~Awareness - Daily Complete Dietary Supplement, 1 ounce-42 Calories
    ~Parachute ® - 100% Pure Coconut Oil, 1 tsp-34 Calories Total-326 And that's with my liquid vitamin and coconut oil I take every morning! Love this Breakfast!! :)
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon wrapped quiche cups - 218 cal for 2 cups if you use Egg Beaters and part skim mozzarella

Two eggs over medium, two strips of bacon, 6-8 stems of asparagus baked in the oven - under 400 (not certain of the exact count)

1/2 c of scrambled egg beaters, 1/2 c of black beans, and 2 tbs of salsa - 170 calories (LOTS of wiggle room) and remarkably filling.

Message me if you are interested in the specific recipes for either of first two. :-)

That's one egg on the asparagus at 235 per serving!! Oopsy - it's stupid good, by the way.
  • reneealyse
    reneealyse Posts: 100
    Options
    I stick to the same six meals so I can plan ahead but change them up so I don't get bored.

Day 1: Cheerios with oat milk 195 cals
    Day 2: 2 egg omelette with cheese 274 cals
    Day 3: Light 'n Tasty berry with yoghurt 266 cals
    Day 4: 1 slice soy and linseed toast with peanut butter plus half a pink grapefruit 335 cals
    Day 5: Vanilla protein shake with 250ml oat milk and half cup berries 309 cals
    Day 6: Oat singles sachet with oat milk and 1 teaspoon brown sugar 272

I usually have a chai latte (Jarrah sachet) with breakfast which is 66 cals. So they all come in under 400 except day 4 which comes in at 401 cals with the chai but it depends what type of bread I use, the one above tends to be higher than regular multigrain bread. Sometimes I add berries to my shake, sometimes a banana, sometimes yoghurt and berries or sometimes a couple of teaspoons of coffee - depends on my mood.
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 3
    Options
    This morning I had 2 slices of bacon, 4 cups of raw spinach sauteed and topped with goat cheese and 2 scrambled eggs. Super tasty and less than 400 calories. I also drank about 6 cups of fresh ginger root tea that I sweetend with stevia.
    That sounds lovely!! :D
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Madhava - Agave Nectar Light - 1/2 tbs. --- 30 cal.
    Kiwi Fruit (From Nutrition Facts) - by Weight, 93 g --- 57 cal.
    Emerald - Deluxe Mixed Nuts, 1/4 cup chopped --- 170 cal.
    Fage Total 0% - Non Fat Greek Yogurt, 1 cup --- 130 cal.

387 Calories & totally yummy!

photobucket-1236-1332884024096.jpg

*Don't know why the picture is doing that. I haven't moved or deleted it!

I had put it in my blog, so here is the link for that: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SixCatFaerie/view/lunch-greek-yogurt-kiwi-madhava-agave-sweetener-chopped-mixed-nuts-yum-233314
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 1 cup of Kashi protein and fiber cereal go-lean crunch (220 cal) and 1 cup of Almond Breeze unsweetened beverage (40 cal) So in total my breakfast is usually 250 calories and very filling! :)
  • Bump2816
    Bump2816 Posts: 3
    Options
    Been visiting with the kids & Kimmy found & made this one today. We had two each so thats 360 & I am still good to go. I be doing this one at home for the rest of the family. It makes 12 so you can eat on more then once.

Apple-Cinnamon Oat Muffins
    The combination of apples and cinnamon give these muffins a classic flavor that your family is sure to love!

Makes 12 servings (1 muffin each)

1 cup plain or vanilla lowfat yogurt
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
    1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar divided
    1 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon divided
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 egg
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/4 cup lowfat or skim milk
    1 cup peeled and chopped apple
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray or line with paper muffin cups. Mix together flour, oatmeal, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in bowl and set aside. Blend yogurt, egg, vegetable oil, and milk in separate bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until all ingredients are moistened. Fold in the apple. Mix together the reserved 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl. Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle each muffin top with a little of the cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

(3 votes, average: 2.00 out of 5)
    Nutrition Information

Apple-Cinnamon Oat Muffins

Servings per Recipe: 12
    Amount per Serving
    Calories: 180
    Total Fat: 6g
    Saturated Fat: 1g
    Cholesterol: 20mg
    Sodium: 220mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 28g
    Dietary Fiber: 1g
    Protein: 4g

View our Nutritional Guidelines
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, cheese, and a banana:)
  • teapot35
    teapot35 Posts: 28
    Options
    My usual go-to is an egg (either hard boiled with seasoned salt or scrambled and cooked with butter flavored spray) and a Fiber One multigrain english muffin with 1 tbsp butter. I drink a cup of green tea before and a cup of flavored coffee and stevia after. It's pretty satisfying, and under 300 cal.

*edit: I sometimes add 8 oz of fruit juice - LOVE pom wonderful!
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    -1C Special K Red Berries with 1% milk
    - Cinnamon raisin swirl bread toasted with 1t natural peanut butter and a sliced banana
    - Huevos Racheros- Put 1 corn tortilla in the oven until crispy, top with "fried" egg, 1t shredded cheese, 1T salsa, 2T black beans and diced tomato
    - Greek yogurt with fruit
    - Oatmeal
    - Veggie frittata
    -Omelette with ham or bacon
    - English muffin topped with a little cheese and a "fried" egg
    -Homemade banana waffles topped with strawberries, bananas and a little whipped cream
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just made up a batch of freezer burritos (my fave!)

10 high fiber multi-grain tortillas
    12 eggs (scrambled in 2 Tbs butter)
    1 cup shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
    And 1 Tbs salsa for each burrito.

202 calories
    14 carbs (7 fiber)
    13 fat
    15 protein
    1 sugar
    321 sodium

Yummy!
  • RiTa1691
    RiTa1691 Posts: 1
    Options
    Whole grain Cheerio cereal, soy milk, and fresh blue berries
    or
    Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal and fresh strawberry slices
    or
    Quaker Oatmeal, and banana slices.
    or
    Yoplait yogurt and granola
    or
    Hot grit, egg whites, cheddar cheese, whole grain toast with strawberry jam, veggie bacon/sauage and juice

:smile:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see this too - I'm sick to death of breakfast. I'm eating one slice of microwaved bacon and one egg and one slice of whole wheat toast. I'm quite sick of it. I'd love some new ideas so I'm anxious ot see what comes up. (OH - and I'm new here - this is actually my first post - lol).

I recently just bought some Egg Beaters Southwest style (have tried them before and liked them), english muffins that are like 80 calories, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, and turkey bacon. I plan on buying some extra veggies tomorrow like onions and green and red peppers to add to it and make a turkey egg muffin sandwich. They also make 45 calories slices of wheat bread you should look into that way you can have 2 slices! :)
  • Psm526
    Psm526 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am getting the hang of making a poached egg [steamed not fried] with two slices of wheat toast. One glass of milk 2% = 332 calories.
  • mkgates121
    Options
    I just tried better home and gardens low calorie oat buttermilk pancakes. I added cinnamon to the recipe and they were really good for 2 without syrup was about 300 cals.
  • bogotachica
    Options
    -4 egg whites with onions and mushrooms and four grilled tomatoes w/oregano or
    -1 packet of high fiber oatmeal and 1 hard boiled egg or
    -1 cup of Kashi cereal, 1/2 cup l.f. milk, and strawberries or blueberries

and I always have coffee and sometimes fresh squeezed OJ.
  • jennifox63
    jennifox63 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • texasheathers
    texasheathers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see this too - I'm sick to death of breakfast. I'm eating one slice of microwaved bacon and one egg and one slice of whole wheat toast. I'm quite sick of it. I'd love some new ideas so I'm anxious ot see what comes up. (OH - and I'm new here - this is actually my first post - lol).

I recently just bought some Egg Beaters Southwest style (have tried them before and liked them), english muffins that are like 80 calories, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, and turkey bacon. I plan on buying some extra veggies tomorrow like onions and green and red peppers to add to it and make a turkey egg muffin sandwich. They also make 45 calories slices of wheat bread you should look into that way you can have 2 slices! :)

Thanks for the tip! It's the carbs on the bread I'm watching so closely though - I'll explore the bread aisle and check it out! Trying to stay around 200 cals at breakfast! I did have a McMuffin this morning because I promised my kids donuts this morning - so I hit the Mickey D's across the street before I shoved a donut hole in my mouth. I took off the top (or bottom?) of the muffin. Going to get some Eng. Muffins in a little bit - I forgot I love those.
  • morgs013
    morgs013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GREEN SMOOTHIE (about 170 cals)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 small banana
    1 scoop Amazing Grass Superfood
    1 cup spinach leaves
    4 ice cubes
    *blend in blender until smooth*

OR

CHOCOLATE PB SMOOTHIE (about 220 cals)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 banana
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 scoop Amazing Grass Superfood (chocolate flavor)
    4 ice cubes
    *blend in blender until smooth*

and then ill usually have 1 serving honey bunches of oats with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • SGonzalez1960
    Options
    My go to breakfast has been 1/2 C original Fiber One cereal and 1/2 C Peanut Butter Cheerios with 1/2 C Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk w/ 1 pkg sweetener or not, depends how you fell. Before breakfast I have a cup of hot water with Lemon to give my digestion a jump start.