Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• Tcormie
    Tcormie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I must admit i'm amazed at how many people have eggs in the AM. The fat and cholesterol are daunting at best. I do a whole wheat english muffin (dry) 1/4 cup egg beaters or just a microwaved egg white, sometimes with a turkey sausage patty, comes in under 300 calories. Sometimes a Protein shake 5 frozen strawberries comes in under 200, fiber one cereal a couple times a week with skim 260 for the honey nut stuff and under 200 for the original.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, I need to get adventerous. My typical morning is 1 cup of Cheerios or 3/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1/2 cup of 1% milk. Sometimes I'll add a few strawberries on the side for fun (can't mix my foods - it weirds me out).
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures!!! But Here is what I had for Breakfast today

1 - Western Bagel Co. - The Alternative English Muffin (100 Calories, 8g of protein, 5g of Fiber, 16 Carbs)
    1/4 Cup - Egg Beaters (All Whties) w/ salt and Pepper (30 Calories, 6g of Protein, 1g of Carbs)
    1/2 TBSP of Country Crock Calcium (25 Calories)

1/2 a Banana (45 Calories, 1g of Protein, 2g of Fiber, 12g of Carbs)
    1 Great Value Chocolate Chunk Granola Bar - GUILTY PLEASURE - ( 90 Calories,1g of Protein, 1g of Fiber, 18g of Carbs)

I let myself have more carbs in the morning figure I have all day to work it off.

Grand Total:
    290 Calories
    16g of Protein
    8g of fiber
    47g of Carbs (Wahhh waaaaa)
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfasts are:

Breakfast burrito with egg, turkey crumbles, cheese, salsa, green onion in a wrap or tortilla (223 calories)
    Breakfast pizza - hash browns, eggs, cheese, bacon baked in pie pan (234 calories)
    Steel cut oats with sliced almonds and brown sugar splenda (255 calories)
    English muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana (300 calories)
    Baked oatmeal with strawberry and banana (224 calories)
    Poached egg over bacon on english muffin and hash browns (328 calories)
    Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios mixed together with almond milk (under 200 calories)

I have these over and over again with something difference every once in a while. There's enough variety for me; I haven't gotten bored with these choice yet. I make the pizza and baked oatmeal and put in the freezer so I can grab and go. Same with the burritos; I always have 6-8 of those in the freezer. I fill in with fruit or juice, chia seeds, nuts, other stuff if I'm feeling hungry. But usually just have one of the above and then have something mid-morning for a snack.
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    Breakfast Shake

Garden of Life - Raw Protein Powder, 1 Scoop
    Raw - Egg Whites, 1 White
    Ginger root - Raw, 2 tsp
    Welch's - Antioxidant Fruit Blend, 0.66 cup (140g)
    Dole - Packaged Salad - Baby Spinach, 0.75 cups
    Bananas - Raw, 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long)
    Blue Diamond Almonds - Almond Breeze Almond Milk - Unsweetened - Vanilla, 1 cup (240mL)

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium
    281 41 5 24 253
  • fbichick
    fbichick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Sara Lee English Muffin (90 calories), 1/2 of a large scrambled egg, Oscar Mayer Microwave Bacon (2 pieces) for 35 calories, and a tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese. Yum and only 200 calories! I always throw in some grapes in case I do get hungry before lunch. I've also used turkey sausage instead of bacon and it changes the calories slightly more than 200 but it's still filling.
  • fbichick
    fbichick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eggs have gotten a bad rap! They're not bad by themselves - they're full of protein. It's how they are cooked, how often they are consumed and what people do them that make them bad.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I must admit i'm amazed at how many people have eggs in the AM. The fat and cholesterol are daunting at best.

Yep - That's why I switched recently eating only the whites from hard boiled eggs 17 cals & 4g of protein
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarissaNovick
    CarissaNovick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Perfect Oatmeal from Starbucks and it's 390 calories. It comes with brown sugar, dried fruit, and nuts. I usually get a latte too, so definitely don't do that if you want to stay under 400. I'm not trying to lose weight yet though, I just got on here to find out what my typical calories were and I've been shocked!
  • CarissaNovick
    CarissaNovick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Who has time to cook breakfast??? I'm always running out the door and doing my makeup in the car! (I carpool so it's okay, I'm not driving lol)
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    250 calories...maybe not the healthiest choice but I go to Arby's for breakfast and grab an egg and cheese biscuit and only eat half of the biscuit.
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Toasted Bagel with peanut butter and 1/2 sliced banana on top!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Drinks a Soy Protein Shake with Skim Mild....About 175 Cals. I don't get hungry and have my morning snack (160cals) at 10:30 AM or so....Lunch is either a plain salad, Ceral and Skim Milk (Under 300 Cals) an Afternoon snack (160 Cals) and that leaves about 800 + cals for the rest of the night.

...and I am a Type II diabetic....I am pretty solid during the week. It's the weekends that mess up my eating pattern.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    California Sourdough - Sourdough Bread Large Boule, 1/12 of loaf
    Cabot - 50% Reduced Fat - Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz
    Move Over - Butter, 1 T
    Crystal Lite - Fruit Punch (Prepared), 2 Cup
    267 Calories

Throw it in a pan on low with a lid for 20 min, while I get ready, til the bread is toasty & the cheese is melty. Yum!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Definitely looking back at this for ideas. Thanks all.
  • brooke741
    brooke741 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have high fiber cereal, greek yogurt and fruit . Comes out above 400 calories but breakfast is my most important meal as it provides fuel for my workout a couple hours later :D

I basically have the same thing but layer it like a parfait. Very delish!
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usally drink a herebalife protein shake make with soymilk a few strawberries a chuck of banana and a few pineapple chucks it rings in at a bout 225.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 boiled eggs
  • calannil
    calannil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 tablespoons of egg beaters (50 cal)
    1 slice of Kraft 2% American Cheese Single (45 cal)
    high in protein and filling