Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• plainjane23
    Options
    Believe it or not, I make two deviled eggs (can't eat eggs otherwise, hate the taste) and drink one cup of 1% milk for breakfast every morning. I found the combination actually makes me full and sustaines me until lunch time no problem. :drinker:
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    I usally drink a herebalife protein shake make with soymilk a few strawberries a chuck of banana and a few pineapple chucks it rings in at a bout 225.

You should Try ViSalus! I can sell ya some! LOL
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oooo, oooo, breakfast is my specialty!

No pics though, sorry :(

Today:
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    1-2 Tbsp Sugar Free, Fat Free Vanilla Pudding (just the powder mixed directly into the yogurt)
    1 Cup Pineapple
    3/4 Cup Fiber One 80 Calorie Cereal
    I usually add Flax seed as well

For tomorrow: 179 for frittata, 35 cal/piece of turkey bacon
    One whole container original egg beaters
    One leftover baked potato
    1/4 onion, chopped
    1 Cup baby spinach
    1/4 fresh tomato chopped
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    Cooking spray
    1/4 Cup Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
    Makes 4 servings

Saute onion and potato until browned in olive oil. Add spinach and wilt. Add tomato. Spray pan and edges with cooking spray. Pour in egg beaters. Cover with lid and cook 10 min on medium heat. Uncover, top with cheese, place under broiler for 5-10 min. Serve with turkey bacon and/or fresh fruit

Crockpot 10 Grain Cereal
    1 Cup 10 Grain Cereal
    4 Cups water
    1 Diced apple
    1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
    1/4-3/4 Cup Stevia (depending on how sweet you want it)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp salt
    Place in crockpot the night before and cook on low for 8 hrs. I usually west a cup with greek yogurt mixed in. Yum!

My household also loves buckwheat pancakes or even Chocolate Covered Katie's"Brownie Batter Pancakes".
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have two mini whole wheat bagels, one with a bit of cream cheese and apricot preserves, the other with natural peanut butter.
    And a big glass of iced coffee. :blushing:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had, 1egg and 1 egg white scrambled with black pepper, 1 large garlic clove, and 2 cremini mushrooms. I also had 1/2 cup Fage plain greek yogurt with 1 tbsp honey and a sprinkle of vanilla powder. I think it totaled close to 300 calories and I was stuffed for a good chunk of the day!
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a thing about having to eat breakfast with a spoon, so I make a smoothie called Apple Pie which has 1/3rd banana, small green apple and cup of 100% apple juice, plus a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon. I let it freeze overnight then eat with a spoon, 200 calories.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    grapefruitours.jpg
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I always eat Regular Instant Oatmeal (90) made with Almond Breeze Vanilla Milk (90 calories) and add half a box of Delmonte All Natural Raisins (65). Total of 255 calories of PURE deliciousness.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Quick and easy (less than 5 minutes total prep and cook time)

Spray a microwavable bowl with cooking spray.
    Dice up peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes and any other veggies you like and place in the bowl.
    I also throw in some sliced fresh mushrooms, 5 or 6 spinach leaves, and a bit of frozen corn or peas.
    Micowave on high for 1 minute.
    Dump in 1/4 or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (equivalent of 1 or 2 eggs) and fresh ground black pepper or other spices, and microwave for 1 minute more, or until eggs are firm.
    I usually eat this right out of the bowl with 1 slice of whole wheat or 9 grain toast or a whole wheat english muffin.

About 140 cals for 1 egg or 200 cals for 2 eggs - including the toast (add more if you use butter or jam on the toast)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    2 eggs "fried" in Pam with salsa, and a banana.
    1/2 old fashioned oats mixed with a container of yogurt, sometimes with berries. (I don't cook the oats)
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a turkey burger every morning for breakfast, low cal/fat has plenty of protein and i can pre cook the patties and it takes me exactly 1.5 min to fix. I have recently been adding 1/2 of an avocado to it.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    This morning I had a blueberry waffle with Mrs Butterworth sugar free syrup, two slices of turkey bacon (Butterball Thin & Crispy) and a glass of almond milk - 259 calories.

1/3 c Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
    1/8 c egg substitute
    1/8 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/4 c frozen blueberries
    2 splenda packets
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    dash of cinnamon
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Toasted Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin
    2 Jimmy Deans' Turkey sausage patties

Makes a great little breakfast sandwich for 240 calories!
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bowl of Cheerios with 1%milk. Under 400 cal. Or I make a Jamba Juice smoothie with low cal Apple Juice. Works for me!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    130 cal oatmeal, 70 cal fried egg and 80 cals of baccon...280 cals! There is enough room for toast and fruit if you want :drinker:
  • bouselhoff
    Options
    ViSalus! I have a shake with skim milk and 1/4 cup of raspberries or strawberries (or chocolate and orange flavour mix ins! YUM!) every single morning. I CRAVE IT! It's right around 200 calories and has half a day's worth of nutritional value! LOVE IT!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Depends how much time I have. If I have some extra time in the mornings I like to try different blends of smoothies alternating what kind of fruit I add. I put in 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, then go crazy with the different types of fruit. Usually banana or strawberry. I really like banana, strawberry, and peanut butter. I like them because the possibilities are virtually endless. I'm thinking of adding some spinach to them as I heard that does nothing to affect the taste but adds some extra nutrition.

Or I will make bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches on whole wheat english muffins. Sometimes adding some green pepper and tomato YUM!

Of course quite often, I have no time I usually keep some bagel-things handy, some greek yogurt, or some nutri-grain bars. Or I'll eat a banana or apple with a side of peanut butter.

There are a lot of choices with breakfast and I always have some almonds or other power snack handy in case I find my breakfast leaves me feeling unsatisfied by lunch time.
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    Here are my go to.

227 Calories
    3 egg whites and 1 full egg cooked like an omelete in a non stick pan with a little cooking spray
    1Tbls reduced sugar ketsup
    Orowheat Sandwich Thins (1 roll)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I fry one egg on teflon with Pam spray, put it on top of a slice of toast and have 3 pieces of turkey bacon. Its amazing lol under 250 cals
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon wrapped quiche cups - 218 cal for 2 cups if you use Egg Beaters and part skim mozzarella

Two eggs over medium, two strips of bacon, 6-8 stems of asparagus baked in the oven - under 400 (not certain of the exact count)

1/2 c of scrambled egg beaters, 1/2 c of black beans, and 2 tbs of salsa - 170 calories (LOTS of wiggle room) and remarkably filling.

Message me if you are interested in the specific recipes for either of first two. :-)