Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My current go-to favorite is: 2 eggs ("fried" on a teflon pan with a smidge of cooking spray) ... then I put them on a plate, put a little bit of grated parmesan cheese on them and top them with slices of roma tomatoes! It hits right about 200 calories, so if you need/want more cals in the am you can add some whole wheat toast and I always add a cup of coffee to that! ;)

^^Love this idea, thanks!
  • Msmonique1982
    Msmonique1982 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pancakes & Eggs = 245 cal

FiberOne Pancakes (180 ca for 3), I can't believe its not butter Spray Butter ( 0 cal), 1/4c sugar free maple syrup (30 cal), and 1/4c liquid egg (35 cal)

Thats my Weekend Family Breakfast, Sometimes I'll throw in some sausage for 80 more calories. But its a winner in my house.

You can also make extra and freeze them for the week. Just microwave for 1 minute.
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually
    2/3 cup Sunbelt - Fruit & Nut Granola Cereal - Raisins, Dates & Almonds, 90 cals and mixed with
    1/2 cup Zoi - Greek Yogurt-Vanilla, 110 cals.
    Total: 200 cals

Also you can throw a sliced banana in the mix to which is usually about 100 cals
  • Kelly0572
    Kelly0572 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy :)
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I generally dislike breakfast food. Not a fan of oatmeal or yogurt. I prefer to make myself half a toasted sandwich with mashed avocado (salt & lime juice), tomato, spinach. Maybe a little deli lunch meat.. Or if you have some grilled chicken. Sometimes I'll switch it up and use basil pesto instead of an mashed avocado. Then my coffee. You can get a 400cal breakfast easy with a sandwich. Think outside of the box and try lunch for breakfast.
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    Someone posted this before and I saved it. Made a batch this weekend so I can have them in the fridge and just run and eat!
    They are SO good and filling. I can only eat about 2-3 before feeling stuffed!

Ingredients

* 6 ounces very thinly sliced deli turkey
    * 3/4 cup salsa (click here for recipe) or grilled vegetables
    * 18 large egg whites or 2 1/4 cups liquid egg white or egg substitute (see note below)
    * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    * 2 tablespoons grated low-fat Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. If Using fresh eggs: Separate 18 whites into a medium mixing bowl Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and whisk lightly. Transfer to a liquid measuring cup. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
    2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat each cup of a standard-sized nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
    3. Line each muffin cup with 1/2 ounce of the turkey. There will probably be a little excess extending from the top of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the salsa or grilled vegetables into each cup.
    4. Measure 3 tablespoons of the egg whites or egg substitute into each muffin cup. (After the first "muffin," you can pour the whites from the liquid measuring cup to the same level as the fist muffin cup, rather than measuring 3 tablespoons each time.)
    5. Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are puffed and the center is set. Carefully remove the baked eggs from the pan and place 2 egg cups on each serving plate. Garnish with the cilantro and cheese.
    6. Per Serving:
    7. 70 calories; 12 g protein; 2 g carbohydrates (1 g sugars); 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat); 20 mg cholesterol; 1 g fiber; 220 mg sodium.
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I make a boston cream pie inspired protein smoothie with my favorite vanilla smoothie, 2 table spoons of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, a tiny amount of gram cracker crumbs, and a dusting of ovaltine.
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My low carb, high protein breakfast burrito!

MelsBreakfastBurrito.png
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my fav!! On weekdays I rotate the following:

-Whole wheat English muffin with 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 strawberry sliced, 1/2 banana sliced (this is around 310 calories)
    -Trader Joe's frozen steel cut oats with 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana, some Splenda and almond milk (around 270 calories)
    -Crispix cereal with 1/2 banana sliced and almond milk (around 210 calories)
    -Quaker low sugar oatmeal, I like the strawberry the best (150 calories)

Weekends I do omelettes and breakfast casseroles.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My protein shake! Hundreds of recipes!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Burrito
    1 Soft taco (I use flour, wheat seems to breakup)
    1 smoked turkey hot dog (no mono or additives) put in blender until grainy
    1/4 C egg beaters or whites
    1 TBS chopped onion
    1 C spinach, chopped
    2 TBS low fat cheddar cheese

Cook onion, spinach, then add turkey and egg beater. Stir eggs are to your liking.
    Put everything, cheese included into the taco, roll.(heated)
    Serve with tsp of salsa.
  • danaamace
    Options
    Personally, I love Thomas Bagel Thins. They are half the thickness (and calories - 110 calories) of a normal bagel. I like to top my bagel with one of the Laughing Cow cheese wedges (Queso Fresco is my favorite - 35 calories). At only 145 calories, you can pair this with just about anything. A scrambled egg, a banana, a small bowl of cereal, some turkey sausage. Haven't tried the bagel thins as a breakfast sandwich, but I may try this soon.
  • RahRahRiotSC
    RahRahRiotSC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really want to make these: Makes six muffin cups, 75 Calories each (for a picture: http://under400.tumblr.com/post/3334930421/egg-and-spinach-quiche-cups-10-ounces-frozen)

Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
    3/4 cup egg whites
    3/4 cup shredded fat free cheese
    1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
    1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
    hot sauce (optional)

Microwave the spinach on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain completely.
    Line a 12 cup muffin tray with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
    Combine the egg substitute, cheese, mushrooms, spinach and onions in a bowl.
    Add hot pepper to taste.
    Divide evenly among the cups.
    Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
    May then be frozen if desired.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love a 80-100 english muffin with a poached egg on top, drizzled with some Frank's Red Hot... hehe... about 170 calories or less. Yum.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    1335219125_newstonesoup.jpg

Remove the scoop of whey protein and you're looking at a very tasty, filling, high protein breakfast for 310 Cals.
  • coloradotara
    coloradotara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So many great breakfasts!!! Thank you all so much for your replies! So many new recipes to try!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybo8sBp6T1r507a9o1_500.jpg

Oatmeal (old fashioned) made with almond milk, topped with banana, craisins, and almonds. Truly delicious! I took the picture a while ago but I make it all the time. Depending on how much of everything you use, it should come out to less than 400 calories. Probably close to 350.

Some of my other favorite variations are to top oatmeal with a chopped apple and cinnamon, or to stir in some unsweetened cocoa powder and Equal sweetener. (Cocoa powder is surprisingly low-cal, and with the artificial sweetener you get an amazing nutritious chocolate fix!) Oatmeal is the ultimate breakfast food because you can make it a million different ways!
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2yyjo6UNy1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Yoghurt with cinnamon, grilled banana, honey and granola
    tumblr_m2xbf5SBzF1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Yoghurt mixed with mashed raspberries, topped with berries and muesli
    tumblr_m2xasd51XO1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Vanilla oatmeal with grilled nectarine
    tumblr_m2tjzyDFgM1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Yoghurt parfait (mashed raspberries, blueberries and muesli), strawberry/cream cheese sandwich
    tumblr_m2rpl7Qjne1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Banana/cinnamon oatmeal with blueberries, peanut butter/banana sandwich
    tumblr_m2q892c9AF1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    Vanilla berry oatmeal with granola
    [imghttp://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2b5boPZEj1rp3zrco1_500.jpg][/img]
    Banana/cantaloupe parfait
    tumblr_m14jttnrlv1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m0x0erDe3S1rp3zrco1_500.jpg
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    Breakfast for me is actually often my leftovers from the day before. I try to cook healthy food in mass quantities, so there are usually a few good things hanging around. I try to supplement whatever I'm eating with fruit and make sure there's some protein in there as well. A piece of whole grain bread and natural peanut butter with a homemade smoothie or a clementine is a pretty simple, low-cal meal for the morning.