Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    No children, but I have a lot of stretch marks from weight loss across my lower back (lovehandle area), inner thighs, and right under my upper arms. They don't really bother me that much. Honestly, why worry about something you can't really do much about?
  • MandeeSue
    MandeeSue Posts: 153
    Options
    They bother me some, but I lost both of my daughters due to being preemies. So everyday when I see my strecth marks I am reminded that God allowed me to carry two precious baby girls inside of me for just a little while. So because they are from my sweet girls, I am learning to accept them and even love them :) My hubby has never said anything about them, and Im pretty sure he doesn't love me any less because they are there ;)
  • ashlysnd
    ashlysnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    imagesCAIEPLU6.jpg

To All mothers of warrior stripes!

Photo says:

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn’t very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That’s OK. It was your home. It’s where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Don't care, and even if I did notice them, it wouldn't turn me away.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've got them and they do bother me. I know I need to get over it already- they are here to stay.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    imagesCAIEPLU6.jpg

Photo says:

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn’t very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That’s OK. It was your home. It’s where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.

This *almost* made me want to be pregnant again! I have 4 kids and I loved being pregnant and imagining them hanging out in my belly and daydreaming about what they would look like and what there little personalities would be like, feeling their movements, etc.... /end gushy mommy ramble <3

So, yeah - I totally have stretch marks. They used to bother me, but not so much anymore - simply b/c I wouldn't trade a single one of my amazing kiddos to get my pre-baby body back. My stomach (where most of my stretch marks reside) is just a stomach. But, my kids - well, they're the most amazing human beings ever! :D
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

Truth!
  • sissypunks
    Options
    imagesCAIEPLU6.jpg

Photo says:

I LOVE THIS!!! And Va_VA_Voom i agree and think i seriously need to not hate them so much cause i Love all my Rugrats!! :smile:
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i am one of the *****e$ that made it through several pregnancies/births without stretch marks. but...i have some cellulite.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options

HELL YESSSS!!!!! :D
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If there was no such thing as air brushing, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, right?
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and somewhat of a saggy tummy. I had 2 kids and it's part of motherhood. I still rock my bikini! Mine are not too bad.
  • Thedamnyankee
    Options
    stretch marks on women in the belly region is a sign of a mother, there is nothing sexier than being a mother. So, stretch marks do not bother me
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If there was no such thing as air brushing, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, right?

Ha, I don't think other women sans stretch marks that I see at the pool in real life are airbrushed! It's like the one thing about my body I've been insecure about really...
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I grew about six inches the year I turned 12 so I have stretch marks on my lower back, inner and outer thighs. I hate them, but once I get this body in the shape it deserves to be, those stretch marks are the last thing I'm going to worry about. :)

SAME!! i have stretch marks from growing to tall too fast!! stupid stretch marks :/.. i have a lot but the are very small, thin white/silver lookin things so its really not noticable unless someone is close enough to like thoroughly inspect me.. but thats one of the first things i notice about myself
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are sexy imho
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options

^THIS.

They're just the scars from the battle I'm winning against myself. I have them from gaining a ton of weight as a kid. Don't mind them at all anymore. (:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just had my third baby a little less than 4 months ago. Somehow, even though I was huge, measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead for my last trimester, I didn't get any stretch marks. But, I got them with my first two. With the exception of a few really big ones on my sides, they're all tiny. I also have some big ones right above my knees, a lot of little ones on my upper thighs, and ones on my calves. I am terribly self conscious about them. I won't be wearing shorts, let alone a bikini until I either find a cream that will get rid of them or until I get laser procedures.

I love my kids more than anything, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I don't think that they ruined my body, but I don't think I will ever wear my stretch marks proudly. They are not attractive. I do not want to show them off. I don't even like touching them. The fact that there are a couple that are big enough for my to feel inside my skin a little really grosses me out.

ETA: My husband isn't bothered by them because he can't feel them.
  • saltskinmermaid
    Options
    Those aren't "stretch" marks.. those are marks where the sexy tried to escape your body!!

Everyone gets them, just their placement/color is varied. Even men have them! (most noticeable around their bicep/arm pit/chest area)