Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options
BAMFMeredith
BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
I'm talking about stretch marks here. I was not one of those lucky biatches, errrr I mean, women, who was able to go through pregnancy and childbirth unscathed with not a single stretch mark and have their tummy magically bounce back to normal. No, I am one of the many whose stomach looks like it's been through some sort of horrible animal attack or something. While I'm pretty confident in my body and I'm getting in better shape every day, I still have a bit of insecurity about my stretch marks---and it's swim suit season. I wear a bikini. I don't like the way monokinis and one pieces look on me, I feel like they make me look matronly and they don't support my boobs right. So, I wear a bikini. And I feel pretty good in one....until we get to my tummy area.

Ladies, are you bothered by your stretch marks on display? Or do you notice when other women have them? And guys, what's your reaction? I'm not really trying to impress any dudes, my boyfriend loves my body, but I've always been curious to know what guys think, especially for a lot of my hot single mama friends who want to rock a bikini too, but are self conscious about it. Same thing goes for people who have lost a very large amount of weight and have stretch marks from that (guys and girls)...notice? Don't notice? Not attractive? Don't care? I want your input! BE HONEST. I promise I won't yell at you if you say "not a good look, bro."

Edited to add, while we're at it, let's show those suckers off :) This is me last summer (I'm about 15 lbs lighter now), I have a good tan there so they're not as visible, but there they are!

cabo1.jpg?t=1333566376

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my butt and thighs from when I was chunky as a kid and lost a good deal of weight and they do bother me. They're not that noticeable but I notice them (although I will admit that I felt better about them when I was on vacation and saw a woman who was in good shape that had them in the same spot).

As for stretch marks on other women it depends on how bad they are. Sometimes I'll see the ones that are deep purple and think HOLY *kitten*!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I care about my stretch marks, I still rock a bikini. The way I look at it, my body looks better than most women with kids, AND without kids. So what if I have stretch marks? I'm still Fauking SEXY!

A few summers ago...

31043_408191623856_633068856_4294549_7401487_n.jpg

This year!
    554028_10150633977363204_502818203_9064532_1568143875_n.jpg

This one will be erased, but it's a more striaght on pic
    IMG_20120404_181520.jpg
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I got pretty chunky when I was about 15 from working at the dairy bar =) Gained 30lbs one summer. I have stretch marks all the way across my lower back. They have faded a little with time and I got an enormous tramp stamp that covers most of them. That wasnt my intention. it was the "fad" at the time. Mine really did not bother me tho. Maybe it was because I couldn't see them all the time. I do notice them on other females tho. I don't feel as tho they should be anything to be insecure about by any means.

My boyfried actually has them on his arms and some on his thighs from lifting. I always notice when he gets a new one and he gets all excited. haha.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Don't notice them at all. My wife has them, but they just remind me that she gave me two beautiful girls that I love more than anything in the world. :)
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    I have stretch marks, but I hide them and don't particularily want to look at other people's. That said, if a woman is confident in herself, more power to her!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    yes, have them..2 weeks before my 2nd and last was born they popped out
    wouldnt wear a bikini..just me
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I have a road map that leads directly to my belly button.... I had an 11lb baby via cesarean, and my stretch marks are pretty icky. I hate them... but my husband swears he doesn't mind them. He calls them "battle scars" ;) That's a good man right there!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Meredith - that bikini is adorable! LOVE IT!

I'm leaving for vacation in less than a week and I have a bikini packed. I am horribly aware of my stretch marks on my tummy, but those don't bother me as much as the ones on my thighs. I can write the ones on my tummy off as "Nathan marks" but the marks on my thighs are purely from when I was 70 pounds heavier. :(
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i have them on my thighs...i was lucky enough to not get any on my stomach while preggers. I know I am very self concious about them and they are probably way more noticable to me then anyone else.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    TO ME STRETCH MARKS ON A SMALLER GIRL MEAN SHE WAS BIG BUT SHE WORKED OUT AND GOT SMALLER SO THEY REPRESENT HARD WORK AND FOR ME I'M NOT LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS AFRAID OF A LITTLE HARD WORK
  • robbiefreeland
    robbiefreeland Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me one bit!! Everyone has "Sucess" scars if you have ever battled with weight loss and won!! Beauty is more than skin deep anyway !!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm still Fauking SEXY!

Got that right!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    i used to care about the ones on my arms, but now i have lost weight i don't !

I have never cared about the ones on my stomach, im trying to get ready to wear a bikini this summer and the only thing thats bothering me in my saggy stomach!

I do not care about my stretchmarks at all - when im looking how i want it will show my hard work!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I grew about six inches the year I turned 12 so I have stretch marks on my lower back, inner and outer thighs. I hate them, but once I get this body in the shape it deserves to be, those stretch marks are the last thing I'm going to worry about. :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If I am in a position where I can closely see stretch marks then believe me it is the last possible thing on my mind. :wink:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    If I am in a position where I can closely see stretch marks then believe me it is the last possible thing on my mind. :wink:

:drinker:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm bothered by mine, especially because I've never had kids. I got them during puberty and again last year when I gained weight pretty quickly. I get them really easily, I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing what I'll look like after a baby!
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine have faded and I actually forget that I have the. If I ever get fit enough to weat a bikini again I definately will be!! I HATE one piece suits and would absolutely LOVE to be able to wear a bikini again... stretch marks and all!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    TO ME STRETCH MARKS ON A SMALLER GIRL MEAN SHE WAS BIG BUT SHE WORKED OUT AND GOT SMALLER SO THEY REPRESENT HARD WORK AND FOR ME I'M NOT LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS AFRAID OF A LITTLE HARD WORK

Exactly! I'm coming to terms with my stretch marks- they may never go away but they're like a badge of honor that I'm 160 pounds now instead of 320! :)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have them, luckily they're mostly under my belly button so unless I wear a skimpy bikini/underwear you don't see them. But I usually wear a tankini but that's because I do not have the flat tummy I want. I hate them but then again I feel like I've earned them. I don't think my hubby notices them as much as I do.