Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

SO true, and it's exactly how I feel! I wear a bikini, I went through a lot giving birth to those 3 kids, I'm proud of my body!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't care if other women have them. But I really hope that I don't get them. Maybe when I decide to have kids that might change & might not care if I get them? But I think I would try to use whatever oil or fad there is to reduce them if I did get them! LOL.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

love this!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A while back, I wrote this to encourage other Mamas, and also myself:

We know what are bodies are capable of.

We have felt babies kicking in our wombs. Our bodies can create.

We have birthed those babies in one way or another. Our bodies are powerful.

We have spent endless sleepless nights shushing and rocking and feeding and changing those babies. Our bodies can endure.

We have stretch marks and c section scars and extra skin and changed breasts and weight gain. Our bodies are a battlefield and these things are our battle scars, our badges of honor.

We know what our bodies are capable of. They are capable of being wondrous.

Just. As. They. Are.

And now we get to honor these bodies of ours by making them more healthy so they can keep up with the babies they have created and carried.

And if there are moms here who feel excluded because you adopted your babies: you have created and carried and birthed your babies in your dreams as you waited to bring yours home. You've got these badges of honor too, you just wear them on the inside.

^^^Love this!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Whew. It's been like 45 hours since the last stretch mark thread. I thought we would all wither and die but thankfully a new one has appeared.

Yes, and I'd much rather read the 3x a day post about what counts as water, or whether or not you eat you exercise calories... :huh:
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice them when the woman is nekkid as I am looking at other places. So, my advice to you women who feel self concious in a bikini due to strectch marks is to walk around in your birfday suit! :bigsmile:
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I intensely dislike my stretch marks. The ones on my hips are barely noticeable so I don't overly care for those, but I hate the ones on my arms and I also have a huge one on my right shoulder. My dad actually asked me once if someone had cut me. ugh. I love tank tops but I hate 'em. They show the stretch marks on my boobs, arms and shoulder =/ (i'm not insecure at all haha :grumble: )

But the only time I've noticed anyone else's was when this lady had on a two piece and her stretch marks were bright, flaming reddish pink. But otherwise i don't care about other people's.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm bothered by mine, especially because I've never had kids. I got them during puberty and again last year when I gained weight pretty quickly. I get them really easily, I'm not exactly looking forward to seeing what I'll look like after a baby!

I can relate to this. While I have never had a child and still have the marks on my belly, I am a little embarrased by them! I still wear a 2 piece suit. I think it will bother me less when I feel better about my body... not quite there yet. My fellow peeps that have 'em, more power to you to wear what you are comfy in! Confidence is a beautiful thing and looks good on anyone! :flowerforyou:
  • elynnuh
    elynnuh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have many more than a woman my age should, but that's my personal opinion. I have always struggled with my weight and been heavy, skinny, heavy, skinny, and now post-baby and heavier. The ones that were not directly affected by my growing child stayed the same, but the ones on my hips and stomach grew longer. I personally hate them even though they are white. They make me very self conscious and it affects the way I dress at the moment (that and being heavier right now). I would like for once in my life to enjoy a spring or a summer and not feel like I have to burn up trying to cover the things about my body that I find unattractive. I'm working on it. As far as other women having them and showing them off, I don't judge them. I praise them in my head and am glad they have the confidence to do it, but I know that I'm just not there yet, mentally and physically.
  • reborndomestic
    Options
    Real men dont care .shallow tards care.I have lost almost 100 lbs total 33 lbs since using this site . I have stretch marks i dont care what anyone thinks. All women are beautiful in their own way . But i have the most beautiful woman in my eyes .Flaunt them they are yours you worked hard to get them.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I've had girlfriends say "I don't even notice them!" if I mention anything about it, but I've always wondered if they're just being nice to make me feel better lol

And Amber, you're hot. If I was into chicks, I'd hit it.

Now I feel like an attention *kitten* because no one else is posting theirs :(

Don't feel that way! You had the (Oh gawd, forgive the next word) guts to post! Great battle scars!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Never had them due to children, but I have plenty of them from my boobies getting so damn big. I know my husband doesn't care about them.
    From your pics, they don't look that dark. I don't think you look bad, but I can understand why you would be self conscious
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, I hate mine. I did not get any with my first 3 children. Kid 4..BAM stretchmarks. Then to add to them kids 5 and 6!

What makes it worse, is the loose skin. I hate the stretch marks and the loose skin. But, now that I have lost some weight and have toned up my muscles, I feel that they do not look as bad.

This Spring Break, I wore a tiny bikini and if I tilt my butt just a little my tummy looks decent. I wish it was flawless like some you of young girls, but I figure that my tummy looks ok for having six kids. Also, my hubby says that he does not notice my stretch marks because I have nice legs, butt, and boobs!! He says it is the total package that he likes. (smart guy!!!!)

These are from last month. I need to take this month pictures because I have lost another inch of my waist and hips.
    April2Front-1.jpgApril2Side-1.jpg

Edit because pictures were too big.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    A while back, I wrote this to encourage other Mamas, and also myself:

We know what are bodies are capable of.

We have felt babies kicking in our wombs. Our bodies can create.

We have birthed those babies in one way or another. Our bodies are powerful.

We have spent endless sleepless nights shushing and rocking and feeding and changing those babies. Our bodies can endure.

We have stretch marks and c section scars and extra skin and changed breasts and weight gain. Our bodies are a battlefield and these things are our battle scars, our badges of honor.

We know what our bodies are capable of. They are capable of being wondrous.

Just. As. They. Are.

And now we get to honor these bodies of ours by making them more healthy so they can keep up with the babies they have created and carried.

And if there are moms here who feel excluded because you adopted your babies: you have created and carried and birthed your babies in your dreams as you waited to bring yours home. You've got these badges of honor too, you just wear them on the inside.

^^^Love this!

This is so sweet and cute I litterly wanted to tear, damn you pms lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks bother me alot.. It's because they are dark and the are on my hips/back and some on my inner thighs (as to why i am so nervous to wear a bikini) I got them when I was around 13 when I went from skin and bones to (I finally got hips and thighs, etc ugh puberty) to make to skin and bones and they have been there since. But since ive gained 50 plus pounds a little over 3 years ago, they just seem to be ever more noticeable than before and now since I lost at least half they ate still noticable. Yea I try not to let it bother me but it does.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It used to bother me a lot. Now I'm proud of them!! The original tatoo.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me on others. But on myself I hate it. I don't even have children to show for it. They are another reason as to why I am on MFP.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have them on my stomach, lower back, and breasts and very small ones on my arms and yeah, they do bother me.

I have no children yet, but got really fat really fast.

My boyfriend doesn't even seem to notice and I don't notice his much either.

Will I wear a bikini once I loose my weight? Hell yes! My body is not ruined because of some stretch marks! Those will always be a reminder to not let myself get to this weight again!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, I hate mine. I did not get any with my first 3 children. Kid 4..BAM stretchmarks. Then to add to them kids 5 and 6!

What makes it worse, is the loose skin. I hate the stretch marks and the loose skin. But, now that I have lost some weight and have toned up my muscles, I feel that they do not look as bad.

This Spring Break, I wore a tiny bikini and if I tilt my butt just a little my tummy looks decent. I wish it was flawless like some you of young girls, but I figure that my tummy looks ok for having six kids. Also, my hubby says that he does not notice my stretch marks because I have nice legs, butt, and boobs!! He says it is the total package that he likes. (smart guy!!!!)

These are from last month. I need to take this month pictures because I have lost another inch of my waist and hips.
    April2Front-1.jpgApril2Side-1.jpg

Edit because pictures were too big.

UM you have 6 kids??? DAYUM GIRL! You look amazing!!! Better than I do, and I've only got 1!
  • thoughtfulnest
    thoughtfulnest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love the tiger earning her stripes thing...I have them both from weight gain and from childbirth, on my tummy, hips and thighs. My first experience with them was actually on my breasts, which grew basically overnight, and a lot, when I was about 13. I was mortified then and thought I would never be able to be naked in front of anyone. I am 37 now and those marks faded (I also had a reduction 1.5 years ago, but some of the stretch marks are still there)...as will the rest. I am annoyed by them but not enough to let them stop me from wearing whatever type of bathing suit I feel most comfortable in. I have varicose veins on one thigh that bother me more.
    Ultimately, sexy is a state of mind. I LOVE seeing other women who can rock their inner goddess regardless of a few "battle scars." Our bodies are amazing in all they do for us, and I try to look at my imperfections as badges of honor.