Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

Love this!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have them. I hate them. My ex-husband hated them.

Not sure about other men, though. I would bet most aren't quite as shallow.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm still Fauking SEXY!

Got that right!

Hell Yeah!!! I may not love mine but I can deal with them .......Plus my fiance never complains in fact he kisses them because I got them from having our daughter!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    As a person who was once 400+ lbs., I am covered in stretch marks... I also had twins. My stomach is covered, my hips, my butt, my shoulders, under my arms and upper arms from being so big, my ankles, the backs of my knees, even some light ones on my forearms. Some are wide and short.. some are long and thin... but they're there. In the right light, you can see them all. It doesn't bother me one darn bit. If they go away, awesome.... if not.. I'm still gonna rock whatever clothing fits and looks appropriate. I've never had a guy complain about the stretch marks... though I've had a guy complain about the extra skin of my upper arms / batwing area. That was hurtful because I know it's there and I try to be ok with it. Still tough when you know the skin isn't going back as much as you'd like. I also have a really big C-section scar that's not too gorgeous and I've never heard a complaint about it either - thankfully!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    you have stretchmarks? I don't see them, all I see is a beautiful lady.... with a camra.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've seen a similar post before - my answer remains the same: No - I don't care. My wife has them - and as someone else already said - they're just reminders of our two daughters that we both love!!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I actually got them at a very young age (11) because of *how much I grew one summer....

When I was a kid, ya, they embarrassed me a lot and really hit my self esteem...

As I got older though, I just didn't care anymore. I learned to embrace them not as flaws. They make me beautiful.

And my signifigant other doesn't not
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I hate mine!! They are VERY bad....my husband has offered to pay for a tummy tuck but I'm more scared of surgery than just keeping them! I wear long shirts just so I have no peek accidents...I had one ex (EX) who told me it looked like someone threw up on my stomach. I gained 100lbs when I was pregnant with my first, it was my fault but I wish I would have not taken the eat for two things so literally. :) I will never wear a bikini unless it is a 1950's style that comes up over my belly button :)

My husband could care less but says he knows how much happier I would feel about myself if I got them "fixed"...and it makes him furious when my three younger sisters pull up my shirt at family functions to show that even though I lost a lot of weight I haven't lost my stretchmarks. (I get compliments on how I'm half the size I used to be).
  • Fridaydalek
    Fridaydalek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure about other men, though. I would bet most aren't quite as shallow.

No, we're shallow. Just don't care about stretch marks. :wink:

Seriously, it's one of those things that women get worked up about that men just think :huh:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I "earned" my stretch marks by having kids, etc. Mine happened to be a side affect from a brain tumor I was diagnosed with when I was 21 yrs old. I am embarassed by them, and I know I shouldnt be because I am alive and able to speak about it. Just my own personal issue I know I need to work through.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Seriously half the ones I see on girls have nothing on mine lol
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It bothers me, I work so hard for abs and you can't even see them. I am 7mos post partum in this picture. (now 8mos)

P1010037.jpg?t=1334846993

Now those are called "chittlings" where I'm from that is another topic but I have a fetish for seeing stretch marks on a booty . I love love love seeing a pretty brown round booty with them!!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Don't notice them at all. My wife has them, but they just remind me that she gave me two beautiful girls that I love more than anything in the world. :)

That is so sweet!!!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Got 'em. . .hips, lower belly (along with the c-section scar) and underside of my breasts. No photos that I can think of. I avoid cameras. Gained WAY too much weight with my first pregnancy. 2nd pregnancy just added insult to injury in the stretch mark world. My belly and hips I don't mind so much, but the "girls" look horrible now that I've gotten to a decent weight and all their "heft" has gone away. I keep joking that I should get a boob job, but my husband refuses!!! LOL

Speaking of DH, he doesn't seem to care one bit about my physical imperfections. He's in to ME, no matter what scars, blemishes, or bumps I have!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I get pretty tired of all the "Image" threads. Seriously, people...Looks are not what makes a person who they are. Every individual has their own immediate visual attractions they look for. From there, if the person is an asshat, that is wakes them "FUGLY"
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    they're sexy on a girl. 'nuff said.

this should be on the MFP FAQ list though. Here, let me start:

Q: Are stretch marks OK?
    A: Yes. They're sexy.

Q: How many calories do you burn during sex?
    A: Not enough to log them. Worry about the sex not the calories.

Q: What type of flooring do you have/prefer?
    A: This isn't Home Depot. And we know what you mean, so the thread's getting locked.

Q: Should I eat my exercise calories?
    A: I don't care. Just stop asking the same question over and over.

:flowerforyou:

This :flowerforyou:
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Yup got em on my hips and thighs. They don't bother me, they're my war wounds from battling with my weight :D

I don't notice when other people have them either :)
  • LisaManySongs
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

This^^^
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I had stretch marks on my thighs and sides that have faded away and don't really show at all anymore, but when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby I got loads of huge red stretch marks all over my belly. I can't bear them and I cried when my daughter looked at me and said 'Mummy, you've got scratches all over your tummy'. Ok so I was going through a bit of post-natal depression at the time but honestly I hate to see my stomach in the mirror.

I've had a session of derma roller although was told by the doctor that it would take 3-4 sessions to get any kind of results, and have been using Trilastin cream which has definitely improved the texture and they have started to fade a bit now.

I don't think anything of them on other women, I just don't like them on me. I don't like that my stomach is getting to be the flattest it ever has been and yet I still don't feel confident enough to show it off because of the scars. I hope that they will eventually fade and I can cover myself in fake tan to hide the worst of them!

Sorry if I sound really vain :embarassed:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Not that this is what you asked but if you would like to try and lighten them up you can try Maderma. My 14 year old tore her ACL and after not being able to run or play soccer for over a year she gained 30lbs really fast. I bought her Maderma to get rid of the scar from the surgery but also put it on the back of her arms for the recent streach marks. They have faded pretty quickly.

hemeroid (sp) cream works as well.