Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    LADIES!!! Confidence is a lot sexier! Who cares if you have stretch marks. Your body is beautiful and you have worked hard to get to where you are at. Rock off that body and show off your hard work
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel better. Thank you ladies!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a position to be seeing a girls stretch marks up close... They won't be what I'm thinking about :p

I have them myself, I don't mind them at all. Even when I didn't have them I didn't mind at all. There's is nothing wrong with any of you ladies that have stretch marks!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have some white marks on the undersides of my boobs since having my son. I don't mind them and they aren't very noticeable. I don't know if my husband has even noticed. He has some stretch marks on his lower back and they seriously do not bother me at all. He's still the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on. :)

When I see stretch marks on a woman, I don't think they are unattractive at all. If the woman is in shape, I'm just like heck yeah that lady is a BAMF getting in shape like that after children. I agree with the above picture that said "Your body is not ruined. You're a god d*mn tiger who earned her stripes". I really like that. If I have stretch marks on my belly with my future babies I will remember that quote. Thanks for posting.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I was one of those lucky biatches who got through my pregnancy unscathed, save for the skin just being thinner and more loose. And my belly button now has a hood that it never had, which makes me sad.. I had such a nice belly button before.

So I can't tell you about how I rock stretch marks on my belly, but I have them all over my boobs from breastfeeding, and up on my thighs from when I went through a growth spurt in middle school. I don't even think about them, in all honesty, because if someone else gets hung up on my stretch marks, that's really their problem, and not mine. My boobs had to do a lot of work, making food for someone else, so to get away with some stretch marks and thinner skin isn't a big deal to me, and I don't even notice them on myself anymore.

Actually, I don't even notice when other people have them, because I never look for them on other people. Hell, I don't even really notice most flaws on other people because I just don't care. A body is a body to me, no matter what extra stuff may be on it.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have them on my belly, but they are not that noticeable. At least no one ever commented on them, so it doesn't really bother me. I have them worst on my butt, but my butt is usually covered.

ETA: I am too busy worrying about how I look than to notice stretch marks on others. =P
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    I have white stretch marks thanks to a very fatty childhood on my lower back, just above my butt. I like them actually. They look like a zebra / leopard mix pattern and makes me feel as if I have a pattern tattoo (only in white :smile: ) back there. :bigsmile:
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    I totally HATE my mine, I have had them on my stomach since I was 15 years old (teen mother) and it affects the clothes I wear. I will never wear a bikini that is how low my self esteem is about them. I am a belly dancer and I haven't even danced in my first show yet because I don't want anyone to see my stomach in my costume. I wish, I wish, I WISH they would just go away.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks on my thighs & boobs since I was 10 and had a lovely 5 inch growth spurt in 3 months and my boobs miraculously appeared overnight (from flat to a C cup. ugh). So when I got the ones on my lower belly from having my kids it didn't really phase me. The ones on my lower back however, I got from being overweight and those are a little annoying, but since I can't see them unless I'm looking in the mirror I tend to forget about them for the most part.

Not one person I've dated (in teens & early 20s) has ever complained. My husband - he doesn't care in the least. It's the last thing he'd be thinking about when he's looking at my body. (he's told me so lol)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    d8064cf44f.jpg[img][/img]
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    It bothers me. But my stomach never got "tight" again after having a baby. You can see the top of my abs, just not my lower abs (where all the stretch marks and sag are) Oh well. It is a trophy!
  • mnhawkins80
    Options
    They don't look bad at all and i don't think it should matter. If your'e comfortable in your own skin and your boyfriend see beyond your stretch marks then why worry what other people think. It happens, it's a part of life, we gain weight and lose weight, we have babies,and sometime these things leave evidence. I think its important for people to realize that a lot of those women we see in magazines are either airbrushed or really rich and can afford for someone to repair they're evidence. Wear your bikini girl!!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I also look like my stomach was attacked by something! I am very self conscious about them and even though I am not even close to bikini ready at this point I will never put a bikini on. I love my son and I would not trade him for the world and every stretch mark is well worth it, but I will be keeping them hidden and showing off my son! ;)
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Actually, I don't even notice when other people have them, because I never look for them on other people. Hell, I don't even really notice most flaws on other people because I just don't care. A body is a body to me, no matter what extra stuff may be on it.

this x infinity
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE :drinker:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    they're sexy on a girl. 'nuff said.

this should be on the MFP FAQ list though. Here, let me start:

Q: Are stretch marks OK?
    A: Yes. They're sexy.

Q: How many calories do you burn during sex?
    A: Not enough to log them. Worry about the sex not the calories.

Q: What type of flooring do you have/prefer?
    A: This isn't Home Depot. And we know what you mean, so the thread's getting locked.

Q: Should I eat my exercise calories?
    A: I don't care. Just stop asking the same question over and over.

:flowerforyou:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've had girlfriends say "I don't even notice them!" if I mention anything about it, but I've always wondered if they're just being nice to make me feel better lol

And Amber, you're hot. If I was into chicks, I'd hit it.

Now I feel like an attention *kitten* because no one else is posting theirs :(

I would so post mine if I wasnt at work.. ;(

I just have a few on my side. I'm cool with them.

9u2q0l.jpg
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well I got them on my stomach, bottom of my back, on my arms by my armpit area, bottom of my boobs. I also had a c section when I had my daughter. I wonder if u can get rid if them when u lose weight but I guess it doesn't happen.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    They don't bother me at all. As we go through life our bodies change, and that is just another change. Years ago I had back surgery, and the scar which is about 4 inches long bothered me, but now it is just another part of me.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Whew. It's been like 45 hours since the last stretch mark thread. I thought we would all wither and die but thankfully a new one has appeared.