Study Shows People with Tatoos Drink More

Options
UponThisRock
UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
Of course, I realized I misspelled "Tattoos" a half a second after it was too late :drinker:
The researchers asked nearly 3,000 young men and women as they were exiting bars on a Saturday night if they would take a breathalyzer test. Of those who agreed to take it, the researchers found that people with tattoos had consumed more alcohol than those without tattoos, the researchers said.

Previous studies have shown that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, theft, violence and alcohol consumption, compared to people without tattoos

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231236-tattooed-people-drink-more-says-new-study

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO! Oh dear gord. I have no words. I'll just be in the corner giggling.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I drink more.
  • hellosteph11
    Options
    What the.. I have 3 tattoos and definitely do not drink!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    This wins the prize for the stupidest *kitten* I've ever read.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I guess I need more tattoos than the five I have... I'm not at drunk criminal status yet.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I need to hangout with more tattooed people. They sound like they have all the fun!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm clearly in the wrong line of work...you know those researchers got a huge grant to conduct that study...I'm going to apply for a grant to do a study to see if "Gingers" are more prone to sunburn than non-"Gingers".
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I thought part of being a "Straight Edge" as to get tattoos to show your commitment to staying clean.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    They should add that we fight more, too. We like to punch MSNBC reporters in the throat for poor journalism.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh lord.

Next there will be a study on how tattoo ink creates chemical imbalances in the brain and impairs mental processes.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have 3.. so the more I get the more wild I'll get???

If so, there is only so much more I can do. I'm running out of wild things to do. :devil:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    We also cuss like truckers.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This is just one of those general links...

Like people that are closer to the perfect ratio from eyes to nose have a greater amount of anti hepatitis (b) surface antigen, the same with testosterone levels in relation to body weight and the same antigen aswell...
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    people with tattoos are generally better spellers also
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hmmm- pretty sure that test has no validity whatsoever. I have 3 tattoos- and I don't drink at all...
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    studies have also shown that when someone walks out of a mcdonalds and is requested to say their pant size, "small" is usually not stated as much as M/L/XL/+++
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Of course, I realized I misspelled "Tattoos" a half a second after it was too late :drinker:
    The researchers asked nearly 3,000 young men and women as they were exiting bars on a Saturday night if they would take a breathalyzer test. Of those who agreed to take it, the researchers found that people with tattoos had consumed more alcohol than those without tattoos, the researchers said.

Previous studies have shown that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, theft, violence and alcohol consumption, compared to people without tattoos

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231236-tattooed-people-drink-more-says-new-study

Yes, and people with big feet are smarter than people with small feet.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    What the.. I have 3 tattoos and definitely do not drink!

i have 1 with plans to get more

i rarely drink and with that i mean maybe a daiquiri every FEW years
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Correlation does not equal causation. That is all.