• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    This is backwards.... drunk people get more tatoos

^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It baffles me that someone paid for that research.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I have loads of tattoos, last drink I had was Christmas day! I work behind a bar which helps my desire to stay alcohol free.......
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My guy has a couple of really nice tattoos and he hardly drinks at all.
  • nakedsun
    nakedsun Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm doing something wrong then as a tattooed individual.
    I think the last time I drank was a beer on easter weekend and before that... man I have no idea.

I best get on the badassery I'm meant to be doing.
  • jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos to remind me of important events in my life....so that when I get older and my memory leaves me I can look at various places on my body and remember. Then there will come a day when I see it and go, "WOW! That's neat! Where did THAT come from?"

Me too!!

I have 5 tattoos. One for becoming an adult, one for each of my children (I have three) and one for when my sister passed away.

But I don't drink... or do anything risky actually. lol Kinda feel like I'm missing out. :laugh:
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i suppose i do no justice to this story, i have 16 tattoos && havent drank since almost a year ago on my 20th birthday whoops!

LOL oh darn. :]
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    So this explains my non-family related alcoholism… I’ve been looking for something to blame
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    uh, oh. I got some catching up to do!!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ohhhh so this is why i drink more... ohhh ok.. totally makes sense now.. phew! i thought i was actually liking alcohol.. its my tattoos' fault

:noway: :noway:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    hold on... does 4 -6 shots of scotch fallowed by 8-10 beers count as a lot?

and does it still count as a lot if know body can tell that I am drunk?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    uh, oh. I got some catching up to do!!

^^^ way to apply this new tidbit of info :laugh: That's what it's all about, right... applying the info to real world problems?
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My husband has a sleeve on the left arm, tats on his chest, back, right arm and lower left leg. He's really slackin' in the drinkin' department. He doesn't drink AT ALL and gives me the evil eye when I do! BTW... I love his tattoos and his evil eye!
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have no tattoos at all, and I drink like a ****ing fish. What garbage.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing I have ever seen... Makes NO sense at all...
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    WOW that is so far off... between me and my fiance we have 10 tattoos and we both have a full sleeve and neither one of us drink :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I'd like to slap all those people that waste their time and money on stupid studies that really are quite pointless.....lol
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Do people really REALLY think this study is saying that tattoos make people drink more?

It has merely found an interesting phenomenon in that OF A SUBSET OF PEOPLE WHO DO DRINK, those who have also chosen to have tattoos are also more likely to be those who have chosen to leave a the bar with a higher alcohol level.

The lack of clarity of thought expressed here is seriously disturbing... People saying "That's wrong, we don't drink"

Well if you don't drink, this study isn't about you, it's about people who DO drink.

And frankly it's not a surprise to me that the sort of people who drink and who have tattoos are also the people who drink a bit more. It certainly backs up my experience of people I meet in pubs.

That isn't an insult to people with ink, you only have to take a look at my food diary to see how much I drink! :bigsmile: