Study Shows People with Tatoos Drink More

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Correlation does not equal causation. That is all.
    EXACTLY!

It is sad, and a bit worrying that so many people are saying the study is wrong, because either

1. They don't drink
    2. They know someone with tattoos who does not drink
    3. Because they assume the study is saying that tattoos make you drink.

Personally, I'm perfectly willing to believe that, statistically, people with tattoos drink more.

There needs to be a bit more thought about this, and a bit less defensiveness...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    We also cuss like truckers.

NO its sailors, get it right suka! GAWL..

I cuss worse than that & I don't have any tats.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    hmm interesting... *skips to the bar*

WOW! Anyone else now have the urge to get a drink inducing tattoo?
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So is there something wrong with drinking more? I bet we are happier too. :wink:
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thinking of getting a tat.... Just Sayin'
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm clearly in the wrong line of work...you know those researchers got a huge grant to conduct that study...I'm going to apply for a grant to do a study to see if "Gingers" are more prone to sunburn than non-"Gingers".

Me too I think Ill try for a grant to study if people who crap have a toilet.
    headline:
    Study shows99% of people who sit to crap have a toilet to sit on

DEAR LORD this hits my list of useless infromation
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Correlation does not equal causation. That is all.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My tattoo must be broken.

This really did make me LOL.

What a stupid bunch of bull *kitten*! I can't keep up with some of my friends who are not tattooed. What does that say about me and them??
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    ahh, corelation is fun when it's presumed to also mean causation
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Haha I have many tattoos. Currently have a quarter sleeve, working to a half sleeve. I drink once like every 6 months.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I don't steal stuff!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Title should be "Study shows another reason people with Tattoos are awesome"
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos and I barely drink 3 times a year.. They will do a study on anything anymore. I am sure scientists can find something to research that will actually help the world.
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I call BS.. My hubby and I hardly ever drink.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.
  • jgwhite
    jgwhite Posts: 23
    Options
    This is backwards.... drunk people get more tatoos
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Clearly, people with tattoos have more fun. :drinker: Kidding! I have a tattoo and don't drink (and even at the height of my college partying days, every friend I had drank more often and more heavily than I did, and none of them are tattooed). But I reckon this study is a little limited in its scope--they should probably run further tests for greater accuracy, because honestly, that's a pretty small and limited sample size (as it's been pointed out, if you're at a bar to begin with, you're probably there to drink).
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Of course, I realized I misspelled "Tattoos" a half a second after it was too late :drinker:
    The researchers asked nearly 3,000 young men and women as they were exiting bars on a Saturday night if they would take a breathalyzer test. Of those who agreed to take it, the researchers found that people with tattoos had consumed more alcohol than those without tattoos, the researchers said.

Previous studies have shown that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, theft, violence and alcohol consumption, compared to people without tattoos

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231236-tattooed-people-drink-more-says-new-study

Interesting. But all it shows is that the people had more alcohol in their system when walking out of the door, not more drinks in total!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i only have a little tattoo and i only drink a little...so the study must be true. :laugh:
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    maybe you have to have more than 3 for this to be true... I have 3 and I think I've had one drink in the past year. Now prior to have tats I drank more.