Study Shows People with Tatoos Drink More

Options

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Who wants to go get hammered with me,

then stumble to a shady tattoo parlor

and imortalize our friendship with tramp stamps off the flash art on the walls of the shop?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options

and imortalize our friendship with tramp stamps off the flash art on the walls of the shop?

mee i do i do.....a night off from my kids, drinking with the lights on??? where should we meet?
    :drinker:
  • b_ism
    b_ism Posts: 60
    Options

I'm in, but only if it's really cheesy.
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    people with tattoos are generally better spellers also

Rotflmao!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Only if they have your ticker on the wall.
  • McPenguin
    McPenguin Posts: 67
    Options
    The researchers asked nearly 3,000 young men and women as they were exiting bars on a Saturday night if they would take a breathalyzer test. Of those who agreed to take it, the researchers found that people with tattoos had consumed more alcohol than those without tattoos, the researchers said.

Previous studies have shown that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, theft, violence and alcohol consumption, compared to people without tattoos

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231236-tattooed-people-drink-more-says-new-study

Hahaha. Annnnnnnnd people with long hair brush their hair twice as often as people with short hair. People with body piercings wear more jewellery. People who read excessive studies on lame crap end up being the people who can't make a decision for themselves for the rest of their lives. People with long fingers pick their noses more than their stubby fingered counterparts. LMAO.

OH wait... this was serious? I thought we were just making random crap up....
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    ooooooohhhhhh, so THAT's why i drink so much... good to know :drinker: :drinker: thanks for clearing that up, study :tongue:
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    The two people I know with the most tatts and piercings don't drink at all.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    This wins the prize for the stupidest *kitten* I've ever read.

WORD
  • xKamishininoYari
    xKamishininoYari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rofl all the people i know with tattoos are straight edge...
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Of course, I realized I misspelled "Tattoos" a half a second after it was too late :drinker:
    The researchers asked nearly 3,000 young men and women as they were exiting bars on a Saturday night if they would take a breathalyzer test. Of those who agreed to take it, the researchers found that people with tattoos had consumed more alcohol than those without tattoos, the researchers said.

Previous studies have shown that tattooed individuals are more likely to engage in risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex, theft, violence and alcohol consumption, compared to people without tattoos

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11231236-tattooed-people-drink-more-says-new-study

What a load of b o l l o c k s!
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I just liked beer, I guess my tattoos like beer. Hahahahaha I think I'll have to go feed my tattoos this weekend.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Which is about the same as saying that people who have tattoos are criminals. I don't think so. I rarely drink, don't smoke, have NEVER tried drugs, graduated high school, have a steady full time job, haven't even had a speeding ticket, and I have half my back tattooed. Sounds insanely biased to me. :explode:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It's crap like this that disillusioned me in college... sophomore year, Psych major. It's moronic, pointless studies that add no value to society... and it's a lot of smart morons crunching numbers, and thanking their lucky stars they got in X grad school program instead of X grad school program... behind these types of studies.

The Psych prof (well respected) who nominated me for a very prestigious award was kicked out of the school eventually for sexual harassment, and the grad student I assisted quit halfway through for no apparent reason... one was an alcoholic, the other was a drug addict. I was on my way to being both... Lol.

Those were the days...

It's why I went over to the Philosophy dept where I could finally breathe. I'm almost embarrassed to have a degree in Psychology because of things like this.

I majored in psych and all our studies were, in actuality, studies, and involved rats. We controlled the variables. Your experiences in college are no more a representative sample than the so-called study this thread began with.

Actually, my disillusionment with Psych as a science runs a little deeper than my own experience. And I won't get into that here. No one would be interested anyway.
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    haha, that is crazy. I have 6 tattoos and I rarely ever drink. :P
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos and dont drink at all!!!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    No wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I just liked beer, I guess my tattoos like beer. Hahahahaha I think I'll have to go feed my tattoos this weekend.

Hahaha love it. I'll drink to that too lol x
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What the.. I have 3 tattoos and definitely do not drink!

THIS!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm covered, rarely drink, never done any drugs, hell never even smoked a cigarette! :laugh: Silly studies.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a study done on people who volunteer to be part of studies.