What's the Craziest Diet Myth You've Heard?

Options
Here in my hometown, there was a mother and son who would go the Piccadilly Cafeteria and completely load their trays with the worst possible foods-- fried chicken, mac and cheese, scalloped potatoes, desserts, everything. Then they would take lemons and squeeze the juice all over everything, claiming they were "cutting the calories"!

That is one of the craziest myths I've heard! How about all of you?

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That diets work!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I read recently in an essential oils book that rubbing this and that and the other thing on the insides of your ankles will help melt fat.

Right.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ha. Tell them to put some lemon juice in their whole milk to make it 2%. :)
  • BethicaJ
    BethicaJ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The grapefruit diet. That was rediculous.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My coworker drink some kind of green tea in the evening that she was told "gets rid of all the bad things you've eaten that day while letting you keep the good things." So she thinks that she can eat fruit and it will stay with her, but if she eats cookies and drinks the tea, she will crap out the cookies real quick while the fruit lingers. It's hilarious to hear her talk about it and how she believes it.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My grandmother believed that eating a teaspoon of Dawn or Palmolive dish soap every day would dissolve fat in her body. She swore she read about it in Reader's Digest. She ate a lot of soap...
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    dont eat after 6
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That diets work!

HAHA!!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Here in my hometown, there was a mother and son who would go the Piccadilly Cafeteria and completely load their trays with the worst possible foods-- fried chicken, mac and cheese, scalloped potatoes, desserts, everything. Then they would take lemons and squeeze the juice all over everything, claiming they were "cutting the calories"!

That is one of the craziest myths I've heard! How about all of you?

LMAO, if lemon is good at cutting grease, it must be good at cutting calories! HAHAHA:laugh:
  • prettygirlhoward
    Options
    My grandmother believed that eating a teaspoon of Dawn or Palmolive dish soap every day would dissolve fat in her body. She swore she read about it in Reader's Digest. She ate a lot of soap...

Oh my goodness!!
  • prettygirlhoward
    Options
    The grapefruit diet. That was rediculous.

I actually ate grape fruit everyday as part of my snack and in 1 year I had lost 30 pounds..........but I'm not sure if the grapefruit was what helped? LOL!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    never expose it to bright light (especially sunlight, which will kill it); never get it wet (which will make it multiply); and, most importantly: never, ever feed it after midnight.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness!!

Oh my, how did that work for her? Talk about clean eating!
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    40 years ago i did the Grapefruit Diet.

i still can't face a grapefruit.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The wedding diet where you get a tube shoved in your nose down into your tummy to be tube fed. REALLY!!!! People amaze me
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much you eat, so long as it's healthy! I have a friend that believes that... I've tried to quantity vs quality of foods but it doesn't seem to compute...
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Atkins means eating all the meat you want, prepared however you want. I knew a guy who because of his interpretation, would eat fried chicken wings nearly daily. The grease was clogging my arteries just being near it!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat something every few hours your body goes into starvation mode and you'll never lose another pound again.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about crazy, but disgusting would be vinegar shots in the a.m. for metabolism boost
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That eating too few calories will make you gain weight.