What is your favorite ingrediant to put in oatmeal??

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar and some sort of milk... usually almond but 1% is good too!
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can't pick just one.. cuz all of the flavors contribute :)) cinammon, flax seed, brown sugar, strawberries, blueberries, and walnuts... mmmm.. :D
  • kkmax2012
    Options
    Protein powder. Mmmm, proatmeal.

whats the best way to add the protein powder? can it be put in with the water before the oatmeal gets cooked? or does that compromise the nutritional value of the powder? I've tried adding it after and it turned out horrible! ugghhh,,,,,,
    I know you guys will have the answer to my problem :-)
    Ok trick is put more water in than is needed originally then after you have cooked it add the protien. I use "ON" Protien or "Dymatize" which mixes very well. I have tried Reflex...... Never again....
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Raisins and honey... and don't forget the salt while you cook it!
  • Watermelon28
    Options
    Thanks for the yummy ideas :)
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    Ground up dictionaries. Also, protein powder.

:laugh:

Also, I forgot to say I used to make carrot cake oats. Take a small, grated carrot and cook it with the oats. When it's done, add a little vanilla extract and/or some vanilla protein powder. That's yummy.

Smart one, I'm trying this!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

whats the best way to add the protein powder? can it be put in with the water before the oatmeal gets cooked? or does that compromise the nutritional value of the powder? I've tried adding it after and it turned out horrible! ugghhh,,,,,,
    I add everything at once - water, oatmeal, powder (with a little extra water). Adding last I think turns out pretty bad.
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought to be so creative with oatmeal, some of these sound really good.
    I like strawberries n' cream instant oatmeal, it's low calorie, filling, and tastes good...but compared to all of these recipes it doesn't sound like much!
    The flavored oatmeal packets have a lot of unnecessary preservatives and chemicals, I use quakers old fashioned oats, and I'm sure other people vary, but I microwave mine for two minutes, and then add additional yummy stuff :)
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Ok trick is put more water in than is needed originally then after you have cooked it add the protien. I use "ON" Protien or "Dymatize" which mixes very well. I have tried Reflex...... Never again....

ive tried chocolate ON in my oatmeal and i couldnt do it.. just tasted way nasty i was actually surprised. i just stick to drinking it on the side with water
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Currently eating low sugar oatmeal with added apples and bananas :D
  • YessPixie
    YessPixie Posts: 17
    Options
    Apples, brown sugar and cinnamon :) yummyyyy
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    cinnamon and banana
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon

Same. Occasionally will add a tiny bit of Almond Milk with the cinnamon. Keepin it simple.
  • tvaye10
    tvaye10 Posts: 19
    Options
    Almond milk, brown sugar sweetener, cinnamon & nutmeg...Yum! :)
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and milk
  • kkmax2012
    Options
    [/quote]

ive tried chocolate ON in my oatmeal and i couldnt do it.. just tasted way nasty i was actually surprised. i just stick to drinking it on the side with water
    [/quote]
    Each to their own I guess I put abit of cinnamon and some raisins in for the fibre. Works out pretty well and an easy 700 Calories :D
  • machinez
    machinez Posts: 25
    Options
    Even more oatmeal!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and/or blueberries!
  • aunttata2000
    Options
    Almonds and blueberries
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

I've always added it after. If you cook it it tends to turn into a solid. What type do you use?

I use the Optimum Nutrition Gold and it mixes in completely without a problem.