Need girls and guy answers

Options

Replies

• Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's scientifically proven. ALCOHOL REMAINS IN YOUR BODY FOR 40 days. Even if he stops he still has alcohol in his blood for more than a month. I know it's sad, but it will affect your baby too. He can have problems with health, and serious ones! talk to him, if you guys are serious, you both must be responsible enough to handle that! Good luck <3
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Your guy isn't @adrian_indy is it? Because I if that's the case, you probably have nothing to worry about..

Bwahahahahah
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I gave up caffeine and alcohol when my wife got pregnant. Maybe I'm just a sap, but considering everything she had to go through to give birth, it seemed like the least I could do.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't stop when I got PG with our son and it stunk. However...about 2 months later, he was forced to stop because of some medication he was put on. It made it seem like what I was going through was easier knowing neither of us could drink. Not that we both couldn't have used a belt or four during those months....
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    My daughter's friend is expecting in June and her "boyfriend" gave up drinking to show his support. I think that is admirable, although it was never expected in my generation.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A man and woman is only as good as their word. He should not have committed to stop if he really did not mean it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I didn't and wouldn't stop. That's silly. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to have a designated driver, that my drinking might have increased during that time. LOL.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't quit drinking when I was pregnant and I never even thought of asking him to. The only thing I asked was that when I was in my last month that he wouldn't drink so I would at least have a ride to the hospital when I went into labor. I really do not think you should expect him to quit your not supposed to because of the health of the baby. Although my sister in law who is 5 months was drinking wine at easter evidently all the craze is now after the 1st trimester you can have a drink every once in awhile. There are so many other things that you can do to him at least let him have that one vice.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what your reasons are for him quitting drinking. If it were me, I wouldn't care if my husband drank while I was pregnant but that's because he rarely does and it doesn't bother me. Unless you are having difficulty conceiving, what is the problem with him having a few drinks even if you can't? I would first sort out the reason you want him to quit and then start there and have an other conversation with him. Are your reasons rational or do you want him to suffer because you'll suffer? If your man has a drinking problem, then you need to get that sorted out before you start a family. You don't want your kid to grow up with an alcoholic father.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's jacked up he could have done what I did and just snuck around and drank when you weren't lookin.
  • therealkatarr
    Options
    As a guy, if i was planning to have a child with someone and their commitment wouldnt even go as far as giving up booze with me, i would be seriously rethinking my choices.

When baby comes, theres going to a lot more sacrifices required than something as trivial as giving up booze.

^This!

Also, just me being nitpicky maybe - but you're *both* having the baby. You may be carrying it, but it's not like you made it yourself. :P
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have mentioned the possibility that alcohol could lessen sperm quality to my DH, but that's as far as I'd go. I won't be making him quit alcohol. What if I never get pregnant again?
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If I were going through a hardship, I wouldn't want my wife to share some aspect of the hardship for no reason. There are more productive ways to be supportive.

There are so many things wrong with this statement that I don't know where to begin.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't stop when I got PG....
    My wife and didn't stop at PG. In fact, we went beyond R-rated to conceive.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If I were going through a hardship, I wouldn't want my wife to share some aspect of the hardship for no reason. There are more productive ways to be supportive.

Agreed. I never expected my ex to stop drinking just because I couldn't while I was pregnant.

If this is the issue, I wouldn't worry about it.

If that actual issue is the feeling of his lack of comittment to your family, then sort that out before you get pregnant. Trust me on that one.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like the kind of guy I would want to have children with, to be honest...
  • JessicaV623
    JessicaV623 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My BF and I are going through this too. I never asked him to stop drinking because Im not until Im pregnant, but I did ask him to tone down his drinking (Ie. Not every weekend) and when Im out with him and I want to go, he doesnt ***** how he still has 3 beer in his 6 left. Compromise. I think of my (Hypothetical) crazy pregnancy hormones and dont blame the guy for needing a drink every once in awhile.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would never expect my husband to quit drinking if I were pregnant. But that's me. If it bothers you, TALK to him about it.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    He needs to stop. You're the one that will be doing so much during the pregnancy. He needs to show his support for you and the baby. its a small sacrifice in the bigger scheme....says the guy with beer bottles in his profile.

My husband drinks red stripe sometimes! lol

As for "your having the baby"...you are BOTH having the baby. I would imagine he would want his swimmers to be as healthy as they can be. That's him being selfish. He is shifting all responsibility to you and being uncompromising... Once you are pregnant, I honestly don't see the harm in having a few drinks every now and again. Just as long as its not in excess.
    When you have a baby, its nothing but compromises. If he cant give up drinking for 1 month then he is surly is not ready to give up his life for the next 18+ years.

I hope things work out for you.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If it bothers you, TALK to him about it.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... That's what WE'RE here for. Gosh!