Need girls and guy answers

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's scientifically proven. ALCOHOL REMAINS IN YOUR BODY FOR 40 days. Even if he stops he still has alcohol in his blood for more than a month. I know it's sad, but it will affect your baby too. He can have problems with health, and serious ones! talk to him, if you guys are serious, you both must be responsible enough to handle that! Good luck <3

Wait....what??? How does him having any alcohol in his plus hurt the baby? I'm so confused. Also, I don't buy that 40 days business. That doesn't even make sense.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's scientifically proven. ALCOHOL REMAINS IN YOUR BODY FOR 40 days. Even if he stops he still has alcohol in his blood for more than a month. I know it's sad, but it will affect your baby too. He can have problems with health, and serious ones! talk to him, if you guys are serious, you both must be responsible enough to handle that! Good luck <3

Wait....what??? How does him having any alcohol in his plus hurt the baby? I'm so confused. Also, I don't buy that 40 days business. That doesn't even make sense.
    I'm with you on this. I call BS. Is there a link to said scientific evidence?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    He needs to quit for the health of your child.

http://fasalaska.com/DadsBirthDefects.html

That being said I did not ask mine to quit, and once I was preggers I encouraged him to go out! I actually kept going out, I just drank water.

That is all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My husband didn't stop when I got PG....
    My wife and didn't stop at PG. In fact, we went beyond R-rated to conceive.

I would imagine you might have to delve into the X for it to be successful.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'd bet a shiny new nickel his friends talked him out of it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Trust me, he will need it while you are in the 1st and 3rd trimesters. NEED it. He doesn't have to stop drinking because you are pregnant. That honestly doesn't help the developing fetus one bit - now, what you do does impact that little lima bean, so it makes a bit more sense for you to watch what you are drinking.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    No. Once we got naughtier, we had the camera pan away to the fireplace.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

So just NC-17, then.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'd be re-thinking having a baby with him.

Yup...this.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My last daughter was conceived while consuming a fifth of JD and watching a Christy Canyon video.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    So just NC-17, then.
    Yeah. We kept it tasteful.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    alright so my husband and I want to try for a baby soon. Well I told him I was going to stop drinking next month and he said he would to. Now today he says why should I stop your having the baby. I feel like if he didn't want to he should have told me that when we had our four hour talk about it. I didn't push him into saying don't drink but now it hurts that he wouldnt stop.How do u guys and girls feel... What ould u guys do?

Lol. Where to begin? Um... he has a piss poor attitude from the get go.

Tell him: You get to pull out for now. Until you can get your s*** together.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    My last daughter was conceived while consuming a fifth of JD and watching a Christy Canyon video.
    Paper mache Kleenex sculptures don't count.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I want 40 day proof, too. Also, good God.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'd bet a shiny new nickel his friends talked him out of it.

ding ding ding

My wife never asked me to stop drinking. One of us should have an escape lol.

ETA: Also, my daughter was conceived while I was sober and my wife had just come back from a drunken night out.
  • BoricuaLove25
    BoricuaLove25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think u guys need counseling. Bringing a child to the world is serious biz. The changes have to come from each of you, NO PRESSURE. Have you ask him if he want to be a father or if he is ready? You may be but, i don't think he is. How strong and stable is your relationship? Guys always need there space and time , maybe a beer is his relaxing method. To much pressure would drive the guys away . If you guys use to drink together, why he has to change now????
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You are still young....hold off for a bit...and

Get a puppy!!! :flowerforyou:
  • doyledozo
    doyledozo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't ask or expect my GF to quit smoking cigarettes when I did.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Does he have a drinking problem or is he just a casual drinker? I don't see anything wrong with him having some casual drinks during your pregnancy, but that's me.

If you don't want him to drink while you're pregnant he absolutely should not. The way I look at it is, you may be carrying the baby but you're both pregnant.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    alright so my husband and I want to try for a baby soon. Well I told him I was going to stop drinking next month and he said he would to. Now today he says why should I stop your having the baby. I feel like if he didn't want to he should have told me that when we had our four hour talk about it. I didn't push him into saying don't drink but now it hurts that he wouldnt stop.How do u guys and girls feel... What ould u guys do?

I guess it would depend on what your motivation for wanting him to stop is. Do you want him to stop as a way of supporting you during your pregnancy or is it a "if I can't do it, then you can't either" thing? Why does it hurt you that he doesn't want to stop?

If you choose to stop drinking because you are actively TTC, I think that's awesome. But, I don't think you should necessarily impose it on your hubs. My hubby stopped drinking on his own with each of my pregnancies, mostly because he didn't like the idea of drinking alone. lol It was sweet, but I didn't require it.