So you have lost weight, but what are your top 5 NSVs?

Options

Replies

• pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! In no particular order:

1. I can climb several flights of stairs without breaking a sweat.
    2. My back fat rolls are gone.
    3. I can walk by a box of chocolates without snarfing down a single piece!
    4. Having people ask ME for nutritional advice!
    5. Last weekend I had to return two shirts to Macy's because they were too big--they were size small and I had to get XS! :noway: Still shocked about that one :laugh:

Thanks for this thread. I've been focusing a lot on how much more I need to lose and not enough on how far I've come.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    1. Running a half marathon, without stopping under 2 hours on my first attempt! (1:55:46)
    2. Registering for a second half marathon to beat my time and because I loved the first so much!
    3. Size 10 jeans!
    4. Being the hot one at my sisters wedding (instead of being the fat sister!)
    5. Surprising myself every day with the way I look and my new strength, fitness and happiness.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    1. No more blood pressure meds.

2. My wedding ring fits again.

3. Last month I completed a half marathon.

4. I can shop at Victoria's Secret.

5. A couple weeks ago I was out wearing shorts and a complete stranger looked at my legs and said, "You must be a runner."
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    5. I can go to the gym and know that the towel they give me will fit round me
    4. No shopping in the plus sized sections anymore! Yay!!
    3. My BMI has dropped 11 places and Im now overweight instead of obease! Horray! I will get to ideal by the end of this
    2. No more comments like well you have a pretty face
    1. went into Coast a shop I never dreamed of going in before and bought a dress for my friends wedding, The feeling when all the dresses fitted was unreal xxx
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1) After the first stone my OH said I was looking less 'chinny'!
    2) My snoring has gone down to a low rumble instead of sounding like aircraft are flying overhead!
    3) My underwear no longer resembles a flag or main sail!
    4) I can have a night out and eat or drink whatever I want and when it's all logged I am still within my calorie allowance for the week because of exercise. This also then means I don't give up because I've had a 'bad' day which is great.
    5) Last night I had to pick a gents jaw up off the floor when my daughter called me Mum (apparently I don't look old enough now! Must have something to do with the trendy clothes I can now fit in.)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    #1. Being taken off antidepressants. Best feeling in the world!!! :)
    #2. Being able to run
    #3. Being able to lift heavy things ;)
    #4. The towel thing
    #5. Shopping in the "normal" peoples section.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to run and complete races
    2. Fitting into a size 8 instead of just dreaming about it
    3. Better skin
    4. Having the courage to buy and and go out in public in a bikini for the first time in my life.
    5. Being asked how I did it!
  • CanadianChic
    Options
    1. Coaching my daughter's t-ball team and running around the field with her.
    2. Being able to fit in amusement rides and enjoying them with my daughter.
    3. Going to a Phillies game and not needing to know if the tickets are for an aisle seat, fitting into seat in the middle of row.
    4. Shopping for clothes in a regular store, wearing nice, regular clothes.
    5. Running! I have my first 5k in 2 weeks. I don't love running but I love that I can run!

Really, the list is endless, everyday there is something new. Making the choice to live a healthy lifestyle and lose this weight has improved my life in so many ways.

you are the bomb!! xo
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have a ton, I opened with my top 5, but having collar bones is definately another one, all of my rings are too big, and I have dropped bra & shoe sizes as well.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Huh, five? Well, the biggest is the fact that I can wear some of the clothes I wore about 15 years ago.

A huge NSV was the fact that the work pants I bought last August needed a belt within two months and now I cannot even wear with a belt because they are too big. Not to mention that I had to give up THAT belt because I was at the last hole in and there was too much extra to put more holes into the belt so I'm wearing a smaller belt I had even though I am only at the first hole.

NSV in the fact that the jeans I had been wearing since January 2011 I could take off without undoing the zipper and button by at least December of 2011. I can now get into some of the jeans I used to wear WAY back when ....

Another huge NSV was that people who I didn't think notice were noticing that I have lost weight. I still have about 20-25 lbs that I want to lose but as long as my clothes are fitting the way I want and I can keep getting into smaller clothes or ones I haven't worn for years I'm thrilled.

I also have a lot more energy and if I wasn't already running circles around my coworkers who are 12+ years younger than I am, I am leaving them in the dust now. They can't seem to keep up with me even though they are so much younger.

I feel much better about myself because I am feeling and looking healthier than I have in about 14/15 years and although I know I will likely never make it back to the weight or size I was when I graduated high school some 20 years ago, I know I am looking good. I can pass for about 15 years younger than I am and a lot of people think I'm younger than I am because I've lost the weight.
  • lunarastro
    lunarastro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1. My pants all look like clown pants.
    2. 18 minutes on an elliptical (and increasing quickly)
    3. My feet and knees don't hurt as much as they did.
    4. For the first time in my driving life, I weigh less than my license says.
    5. Playing on the floor with my daughter and not worrying about how I am going to get up.
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    #1) Calling the police to cancel the missing persons report on my junk hahahahaha

LOL
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    1. Coaching my daughter's t-ball team and running around the field with her.
    2. Being able to fit in amusement rides and enjoying them with my daughter.
    3. Going to a Phillies game and not needing to know if the tickets are for an aisle seat, fitting into seat in the middle of row.
    4. Shopping for clothes in a regular store, wearing nice, regular clothes.
    5. Running! I have my first 5k in 2 weeks. I don't love running but I love that I can run!

Really, the list is endless, everyday there is something new. Making the choice to live a healthy lifestyle and lose this weight has improved my life in so many ways.

you are the bomb!! xo

Thank you Moni! You're the best!

Bonus NSV for today:
    Car shopping, trying be economical. We're looking at the Hyundai Accent 5 door. Test drove it and I'm really liking it. Wifey says "this is an NSV right here, there's no way you would have been comfortable in this before". That made me feel really good and she is so right. The car is pretty small and I would have been embarrassed being so cramped. So yeah, there's my NSV of the day - I fit comfortably in a compact car and still feel pretty cool.

***the NSV's in the quote box is my original entry. :bigsmile:
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the NSV threads.

Well, let's see:

1. Having the courage to finally tell my very supportive co-workers how much weight I have lost. Previously, I would tell them I was too embarrassed to admit what weight I started at and the number of pounds I have lost . Eighty down and thirty-seven to go.

2. Being able to tell my family and friends that I really, really enjoy exercise now. Friends from thirty years ago would be amazed. LOL

3. I still do not enjoy shopping, but it is a whole lot better being able to walk pass the plus-size stores and toss their catalogs because they are too big for me.

4. Seeing an old friend and they walked right pass me because they didn't recognize me. After speaking out to her, she just hugged and hugged me. She said she enjoyed hugging the remaining half of me.

5. Best one: The unmistakable pride from my husband. He has been my biggest supporter. Thirty years of marriage and I still love him dearly. I'm so lucky to have found him.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    #1; My curves getting more and more obvious by the day
    #2; Feeling confident and attractive enough to wear nice clothes
    #3; My skin, hair and energy seems to have improved
    #4; Men seem to be noticing me more
    #5; I can take pictures of myself and actually be pleased with the result! I feel pretty, sort of :)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not sure I have 5 yet, but here goes:

1. actually enjoying working out
    2. down from a size 14 to a 10 with some looseness in those
    3. not feeling so depressed every time I had to pass a mirror (still working on this one)
    4. realizing I don't have to eat when bored, stressed or depressed
    5. people noticing that I am loosing weight

wow I did have 5!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Forgot about this one! My work trousers are getting looser and looser! Just before I started this journey, my size 16 (UK size) work trousers were getting so tight it hurt. They were cutting into me, pushing all the fat in my belly out and I often had to unbotton them and/or loop a hair band around the buttons. How embarassing. At work (I'm a Barista at Starbucks) with my trousers unbuttoned! :blushing:

Now, however, they do up without digging into me and they're getting loose. They also ride down at the back when I bend down so I am always having to pull them up.

It is one of my biggest NSVs. Even my green apron feels better on me. I don't feel so stuffed and bloated anymore.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    #5 Being called beautiful by an Assistant mgr. at the Walmart where I walk.
    #4 While pushing one grandbaby in front of my HUBBY with another grandbaby in his cart say "the view sure is GOOD BACK
    HERE".
    #3 Being able to tie my tennis shoes without huffing and puffing.
    #2 Being STARED at by other MEN..and my hubby taking notice..he has ALWAYS LOVED me though fatter or thinner.
    #1 Smaller jeans ..gone from a 16 petite natural waist to a 12 petite natural waist jean ( and they are baggy today..) hehe
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    My prom dress from junior year is loose on me now:))) but my bras are quite large on me now also...:grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!