So you have lost weight, but what are your top 5 NSVs?

Options

Replies

• hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Find all these so inspiring!!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    1. I look good to myself in a bathing suit
    2. I don't grimace when I see myself naked
    3. The sale rack for my size is not as slim pickings any more
    4. Smaller bra size
    5. When I hold up my jeans I try to figure out how the hell I am fitting into them.. No I am not a muffin top, they are a tad loose.. ;P

Love number 5 and waiting for that day, but when I hold up my old pants, I am amazed that they ever stayed up and were actually TIGHT on me!! Who knew this day would bring me such joy!!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My future NSV's

1. Fitting into my wedding ring. I refuse to get it sized!
    2. The towel thing for me too!
    3. Taking pictures and liking how I look in them
    4. Wearing my hair curly. For some reason I feel like it makes me look worse so I straighten it always.
    5. Wearing short dresses, I hate my legs right now but I LOVE dresses. By short I mean knee length and not maxi's all the time..lol

I am with you on the wedding ring thing...mine is so pretty and in 14 years I have maybe worn it for 8 months...how sad...but I am just counting pounds and NSV's till I hit that ultimate NSV!! not long after that, I will also achieve Onederland!! YAY!!
  • Hazelandmaddy
    Options
    I can wear size 10 jeans again and none of my shorts from last year will stay up!
    I don't look 9 mths pregnant. I do however still look about 3-4 tho. lol
    I don't have to use my belly to hold my coffee cup.
    My seatbelt in the car fits better.
    I can see my feet in the shower!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    #1 having people believe that I have lost so much more than I actually have :)
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    1) From size XL to S
    2) Going from very last hole in the belt to the tightest and then to needing a new belt.
    3) Buying new workout clothes and then having to replace them because they become too big.
    4) That pair of jeans I could never fit into, even when I was this weight before, they fit comfortably now.
    5) Deadlifting my bodyweight, five sets of 5 reps.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1) My son telling my mom and dad how strong I look.
    2) Fitting back into my board shorts.
    3) Motivating my friends to do the same.
    4) My daughter hugging me and saying "you're so skinny!" (I would have preferred "healthy" lol)
    5) My chair at work no longer buckles under the pressure when I sit in it (I no longer overstress hydraulics YAY!)

hmmmm...I might re-order these a little.

edit: OH WAIT! I can now wear a men's LARGE tech shirt, which are always comically undersized. I'm not sure I'd delete any of the above 5, but it's still super fantastic.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    #1; My curves getting more and more obvious by the day
    #2; Feeling confident and attractive enough to wear nice clothes
    #3; My skin, hair and energy seems to have improved
    #4; Men seem to be noticing me more
    #5; I can take pictures of myself and actually be pleased with the result! I feel pretty, sort of :)

You should feel pretty! You're gorgeous! I'm totally jealous of that body :love:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am still loving reading all these. Everyone is doing so great!!! I think NSVs are the very best!!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old asking to exercise with me.
    My belt is two notches smaller.
    Getting rid of all my maternity clothes and post-pregnancy clothes.
    Working all day and coming home to work more and still play.
    MUCH better sex. :love: (Mostly because I feel better about myself, but more because I'm stronger...:blushing: )
  • chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I loved reading these! I need to do mine but I'm still thinking...
  • vmessyness
    vmessyness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1) tonight i got rid of 7 pairs of size 18 pants that are now too loose for me! also, rotated back into my wardrobe my smaller size 16 pants and shorts that i'm beginning to fit back into.
    2) feeling confident enough to wear bare arms during the recent heat wave.
    3) even on my worst days, i'm still eating much better than my good days a few months ago.
    4) preparing my own food at least 90% of the time, saving money and eating much healthier.
    5) inspiring my 4 year old daughter with my healthier habits. she now asks before picking up foods if they are healthy, and if i tell her, "no," she chooses a healthier alternative by choice! this has easily made me the most proud throughout my journey!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    #1; My curves getting more and more obvious by the day
    #2; Feeling confident and attractive enough to wear nice clothes
    #3; My skin, hair and energy seems to have improved
    #4; Men seem to be noticing me more
    #5; I can take pictures of myself and actually be pleased with the result! I feel pretty, sort of :)

You should feel pretty! You're gorgeous! I'm totally jealous of that body :love:

How bloody sweet are you! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    These are sooooo fun to read! We rock!!!

1. Feeling confident and proud and pretty. I haven't enjoyed shopping lately.

2. I've started taking boxing classes. It is THE>HARDEST>THING I've ever done and I think I suck at it! I want to be good at it!!!

3. I am fat because of my hip injury several years ago. This hope may never come true but I would love to be able to lose enough weight and gain enough strength so that I would be pain-free enough to run another half marathon (or even a full) - a girl can dream can't she???

4. I don't think I have ever said this one out loud. I would like to be a personal trainer/fitness instructor.

5. I LOVE pictures. I have a very active family. The past few years I haven't been including myself in the pictures. I LOVE my photo albums and I want to be in them too!!!
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. Increased confidence in all areas of my life
    2. Things like cheekbones, muscles and collar bones pop out to say hi
    3. Cute guys asking for my phone number!
    4. Being able to share clothes with my friends
    5. Being able to go on hikes without passing out - expect for the "vertical climb on metal bars" one, that one sucked :)
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    #1) Calling the police to cancel the missing persons report on my junk hahahahaha

Too funny! So glad you found it!
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    1. Consistently fitting into a Large shirt more often than an XL.
    2. Wearing a size 14 in pants. I was up to an 18 or 20.
    3. Thighs not rubbing together when i walk or run.
    4. Enjoying the feel of muscles on MY body!
    5. Self confidence getting better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not in any particular order....

:heart: Winning a medal for best in age group at the Lupus Loop 5k, made especially sweet because I was running it in memory of my Mom.

:heart: Having a stranger ask for advice on weights at the gym.

:heart: My husband constantly referring to me as "my hot wife." But he did that before, too.

:heart: Wearing the prom gown I bought more than 20 years ago to an 80s Prom party last year and having it fit perfectly.

:heart: My bum. It's better than it was more than a decade ago.

butt.jpg
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1. I fit back into my wedding dress!
    2. I can wear shorts comfortably.
    3. I "feel" thin.
    4. All the clothes I bought for my honeymoon 3 years ago fit me again.
    5. I can wear a size 4!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!