So you have lost weight, but what are your top 5 NSVs?

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1 The bucket seats in my car no longer hurt me after an hour or more of driving.
    2 I can actually "jog" (4mph on the treadmill) but I don't do it much
    3 my pooch (under my belly button) doesn't get wet when I do the dishes anymore
    4 I get cold more often (I've lost body fat)
    5 I'm able to take stairs and not be out of breathe when I reach the top.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    1. Receiving compliments from friends and relatives about how I look so much slimmer.
    2. Fitting into smaller clothes.
    3. I can run and I actually enjoy it.
    4. I eat when I'm hungry and stop eating when I'm full, rather than just eating for the sake of it.
    5. I have more energy and feel happier and more confident.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    1. Fitting into a size 1/2.
    2. My cellulite DISAPPEARED.
    3. Noticing men actually notice me.
    4. Running around my house naked when nobody is home.
    5. My family telling me to eat more on Easter, when last year they told me to "put the fork down".

I did this for me, but when other people notice, it feels soooo good.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    #5 Buying a size pants I hadn't worn since middle/high school.
    #4 Packing up my 3X shirts to donate to Goodwill
    #3 Fitting into a X-large shirt.
    #2 Several female coworkers recently remarking I look good in scrubs.
    #1 Completing my first half marathon.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mine:

**Not in any particular order**

-- I completed my first half-marathon about a month ago and now can run 5 miles like it's nothing! (used to HATE running, but I love it now that I'm adding on the miles)
    --I have MUCH more success when I go clothes shopping (it's now harder to chose what I'm going to buy vs when the decision was made for me because less fit/looked good)
    --I can do a chataraunga (spelling?) and hold it
    --I am almost able to bring my chest all the way to the floor when doing a push up on my toes (No longer doing push ups on my knees)
    --People come to me for weight-loss advice (while it can be annoying at times, I'm feel kind of honored that people trust my input)
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mine:

-- I completed my first half-marathon about a month ago and now can run 5 miles like it's nothing! (used to HATE running, but I love it now that I'm adding on the miles)
    --I have MUCH more success when I go clothes shopping (it's now harder to chose what I'm going to buy vs when the decision was made for me because less fit/looked good)
    --I am almost able to bring my chest all the way to the floor when doing a push up on my toes (No longer doing push ups on my knees)
    --People come to me for weight-loss advice (while it can be annoying at times, I'm feel kind of honored that people trust my input)

OH! And I know you said 5...but I have another one: I am WAY skinnier than I ever was in middle school or high school!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    #5 No longer feeling like I HAVE to exercise, I just do it
    #4 Rediscovering clothes in my closet I haven't been able to wear in 20 yrs, and they're still "in fashion"
    #3 Finding the "frilly" girl inside of me
    #2 Surging confidence and energy
    #1 Turning back the hands of time and feeling better than I have in 20 yrs
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1) reversing the diabetes. no longer take meds or have it.
    2) walking into a store and being able to fit into clothes they have in stock and not need to "special order" because of my size.
    3) jogging 1 mile w/o stopping to rest
    4) gaining a neck
    5) my acanthosis nigricans fading completely away. for those unfamilar with it, it is a skin disorder. it appears dark and velvety like color and texture. some healthy non-obese folks can get it but it's more commonly found in darker colored folks and it's also a sign of developing or having diabetes.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    1 The bucket seats in my car no longer hurt me after an hour or more of driving.
    2 I can actually "jog" (4mph on the treadmill) but I don't do it much
    3 my pooch (under my belly button) doesn't get wet when I do the dishes anymore
    4 I get cold more often (I've lost body fat)
    5 I'm able to take stairs and not be out of breathe when I reach the top.

I had never thought about #3, but it is SO true!

Not necessarily tops, but some NSVs:
    I can wear tops that don't have gigantic arm holes that show my bras
    My airplane seat got bigger. :)
    I can walk up/down the stairs past another person without one of us waiting on the landing.
    I can cross my legs (this seems to be a big one for many people).
    I can sit/stand on things with weight limits (i.e. DS' play table that says weight limit 200 lbs) without worry I'll break them.
    No one gives me the stink eye if I decide to have some Dairy Cream or insert any other dessert here.

I have energy. If something is wrong health wise, there isn't an automatic assumption that it must be weight related. I can run (what?! me?!). I am strong. I am healthy. I look good and am smaller at these weights now than I ever was on the way up. Exercise has become a stress release instead of eating. I have inspired several others around me to get healthier as well.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Exercise has become a stress release instead of eating.

This for me too! If I'm pissed off, upset or bored, I'm much more likely now to go for a run or to the gym than to comfort eat.
  • Jeneanhh
    Jeneanhh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    #1 being able to get out of the car without my hip rubbing the steering wheel
    #2 wrapping the towel completely around myself
    #3 zipping up my skirts that have been hanging in my closet
    #4 being able to do without desert
    #5 being able to work out for more then 5 min
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    love my body in pics
    down 2 jeans sizes
    looking forward to running, and am bummed if i can't get it in
    hubs talked me into buying leggings and i totally rock them!
    didn't even have so much as a cold this winter!!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Walking from one block 08/14/11 to as much as 8 miles in one day now.
    16" down in pant sizes!
    I am full of life again, in all ways!:bigsmile:
    Being able to purchase clothes at a store and noit the big and tall story either!
    Knowing that I will be around for the Pnut (granddaughter) and my girls longer has to be the number one NSV ever!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mine:

OH! And I know you said 5...but I have another one: I am WAY skinnier than I ever was in middle school or high school!

All of the same things!

1. No longer being judged for my food choices at restaurants (the subtle "maybe you should have a salad?"), now even if I get the burger or dessert, no one says anything because of my size/overall healthiness!
    2. Seeing my progress in all of my exercise: going from C25K to a half marathon to now training for a full marathon--with a pace faster than my half!!! Also, being able to do a chataranga and other hard yoga poses!
    3. The compliments from my friends and family about all my hard work and how it's been inspiring to them! It was so nice to go back to my college reunion and have everyone tell me how amazing I look now!
    4. Having to retire my jeans from high school because they're too big! They're too big to even count as painting/working around the house jeans because they fall off!!
    5. Being known now as a Runner and feeling comfortable enough with my abilities to talk running with others and to even go join a running group, where I actually feel like I belong! No way in a million years would I have seen myself where I am today!
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. looking in the mirror and seeing some definition in my waist, jaw & shoulders! (those mythical collarbones do exist!)
    2. knowing that I'm in control of my food choices
    3. CONFIDENCE to do more, accomplish more, live more!
    4. shopping is no longer a chore but a delight!
    5. I'm the smallest that I've been since I was 12!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    1. I can actually see my neck (from having less of a double chin)

2. Picking up a sized M dress/top (a size smaller than what I am accustomed to wearing) in hopes of one day fitting into it... y'know.. like a goal outfit. Well when I got home from the store, I tried in on.. only to have it fit THEN.

3. Unsure which size shorts would fit at Old Navy, I took both a 14 and a 12 into the dressing room.. only to find out that the 14 was much too loose and the 12's fit perfectly!

4. [This one will be a bit lengthy, but was totally worth it] --- While at the gym I struck up a conversation with one of the trainers. We talked about my looking for work and then I reminded her that I'd previously worked at the GNC located literally next door to the gym that very same time last year, but was forced to stop after my area had been greatly damaged by a tornado. She looked at me, her mouth dropped and then she screamed out, 'That was YOU?!?!! I remember you now! You look like a totally different person!!"....Before I quit working in 2011 I'd taken a tour of the gym with her and talked about joining.. but because of the storm, I didn't actually get the chance to join said gym until MUCH later. After this time, she'd re-met me and everything but because of the weight loss from 2011 to 2012, she hadn't even put two and two together.

5. A friend of mines was giving away jeans that she no longer wanted (and I guess that were a bit too big for her. I never asked actually). I snatched up a pair of size 16 capris and tried them on. They were super duper snug around the waist and so I kept them with the prospects of eventually fitting into them someday. Well I totally forgot about them and had the poor things sitting in my closet considering a majority of my fashion was sweatpants now anyways. Later that year I discovered those bad boys and slapped them on... only to have them fall to my ankles. Kay serrah serrah.
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bump. Want as many people as possible to see this in "Recent Posts"! I thought it was so inspiring. :)
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1. I have gone from 3. 0 mph on the treadmill to 4.3 mph over 2.25 miles.

2. I used to do #1 at no incline and now do it at maximum incline.

3. I have lost 2 inches from my chest, 3 from my waist, and 6.5 from my hips.

4. I am down 2 sizes and maybe more, but I haven't gone shopping lately.

5. If one more man hits on me, I am going to take up karate.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    5.) I can now fit into some size 25 inch jeans & the last time that I ever worn that size was when I was 12 years old
    4.) I can now wear any type of bikini that I want. No need to hide my body anymore especially my abs. :bigsmile:
    3.) I'm hell of a lot stronger now than before. I can now do pull-ups, push-ups & train like a man with ease.
    2.) I'm now back to the old athletic me & can now play various sports (football, swimming, etc.) without getting tired easily
    1.) More importantly, my hypertension & diabetes have improved & theres no need to take medications anymore for my hypertension.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!