Who lost 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery ?

Options

Replies

• kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am new to MFP and am finding alot of topics for support to people who have had bypass surgery. But, I am losing weight the old fashioned way...hard work, watching what I eat and exercising. I understand this will be a loooong process, hence why it is a life change NOT a diet. Would love to meet people who are/have done the same thing. I'm about a week and a half in and have lost 5 pounds so far. It's very hard for me to loose weight, I just look at a piece of candy and gain 10 pounds :-)

that is awsome but i would just like to point out having weightloss surgery is not the way out, its not a quick fix it still involves allot of hard work just as much as losing it the " regular " way, for example with the lap band surgery over half of the people fail to lose weight with it because they dont not change their diet/ lifestyle they think its a quick fix and its not,. Good Luck to you with everything, you can do it it is possible, i just wanted to clear up the misconception

Want to say I LOVE the saying in your profile pic. This^^^^is very true. :)
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I've done it!!! I'm down (at my last weigh in almost a month ago) about 114 pounds. I've got another 65 to go. I'm doing it the old fashioned way. Completely changing my lifestyle. Unless medically necessary per a doc. I feel weight loss surgery is a cop out for people. Most people are too lazy to put in the hard work and then they lose the learning about nutrition along the way. Slow is the right way. It's taken me a little over 2 years to lose this much. And I'm hoping a year from now I'll be where I want to be but, If not, I'll keep going. Feel free to add me and let me know if you need anything along the way.
  • 10sixer
    Options
    76 lbs lost so fat here, keep it ip and it will happen. =)
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did it without surgery. Took me about 15 months to lose a 100lbs, its been slow since then tho but im very proud of myself. And to those who want to lose 100+ its very possible so please dont give up.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I started last October and I'm down 125 by eating a lot more healthy. I'm still trying to get to under 200 lbs. (75 more lbs. to go) Staying with it is not easy but the benefits are worth it!
  • Elboogie115
    Options
    I started in April 2012 and have lost 150 lbs :) with exercise 6-7x a week, eating right.. Im in the process of building muscle tho
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I lost 139 pounds without surgery. With commitment, determination and iron will you can do it. It took time to put the weight on, and it will take time to lose it.

I wish you well on your journey.
  • missie_515513
    missie_515513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Those losses are amazing!!! It just goes to show if you stick with it it can work!!!
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same road - I'll send a friend request. I weighed in at 122.5kg, and want to maitain about 80kg. Close enough to your 100 pound. Healthy weight guidelines put me at 70-72, but being over 40, with some health issues I think that would be too hard to maintain - I want to live after all.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    102 pounds, it's a long road, but it's worth every speed bump, detour and pit stops it took me to get there.
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I too am doing it the old fashioned way and know this is going to be long and hard. Feel free to add me
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have lost just over 100 lb (103 as of now...went from 307 HW to 204 CW) with no surgery.

For me it was a SLOW process but sped up drastically once I started counting calories. I lost the first 45 lb over about 4 years and have now lost almost 60 lb in 9 months which to me is a good rate of loss...but even if you lose very slowly, it's still the same end result!!!

My best tip is logging religiously and second best tip is to set SMALL attainable goals. I don't mean "5 lb" when you have 100+ to lose. But for example when I joined MFP at 262 lb, I decided I wanted to hit 220 and then readjust as I reach each goal. Good luck!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am down nearly 80 from my highest weight with no surgery. Looking to get to 140 pounds down by the time I'm done.
  • yrossell
    yrossell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to loose 150 lbs! Down 8 and not stopping!
  • 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello.I have lost 80 lbs so far the old fashioned way.....hope you will add me on.:smile:
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    There is a group called 100 + pounds without surgery you can find it by using the search button after selecting groups.
  • benum21121
    Options
    I've lost 118 pounds so far, over the course of about 3 years. It's a lifestyle change.. it's completely possible to do it, and I wish you the best of luck- You've GOT this. :-)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    In almost a year (5 days away!) I've lost over 100 lbs. No surgery and to be honest not much exercise the last few months (my Mom was hospitalized in early October and passed away last month).
    I started a (mostly) vegan lifestyle in September and will be getting back to the exercise here with the new year.

I do plan on having surgery when I'm at goal, as 38+ years of being overweight have caused havoc with my skin elasticity.

Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like some encouragment and friendship.
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    you are all inspirations :) ineed to loose 70-100 lbs and i dont want to resort to surgery either! I'm 245 now and wanna get to 150 eventually ( i think i'd look funny if i got much skinner than that i've always been curvy and al il thick) i was 170 before i had my son and looked amazing