Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• Nika_gomez001
    Options
    As shameful as a cheat day may seem they should still be logged. I think it's a good thing a cheat day. It's the one day you get to eat what you craving. If you don't satisfy the craving every now and then you sure to go overboard.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire extra pound of food yesterday (a bit of a binge day and I'm not happy to admit that), but I logged it because I would've had NO EARTHLY IDEA that I consumed that much food otherwise. It's important for me to feel like I can have "free" days so that I don't obsess about what I can't have. It's important to me to finally track these "free" days to know exactly what I've done for the long-term picture.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

I totally agree with the above. One day a week is enough to totally sabotage a diet. If you want to eat healthily nd lose weight you will do it 7 days a week. That's what I've found anyway. Even if I was still losing weight, think how much MORE you could lose whtout that bacon and nachos, and ultimately all that junk food is only going to make your body tired. Have clean cheats like lean bacon and have a more interesting salad with some raisins on for a treat!
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

I totally agree with the above. One day a week is enough to totally sabotage a diet. If you want to eat healthily nd lose weight you will do it 7 days a week. That's what I've found anyway. Even if I was still losing weight, think how much MORE you could lose whtout that bacon and nachos, and ultimately all that junk food is only going to make your body tired. Have clean cheats like lean bacon and have a more interesting salad with some raisins on for a treat!

Now that I am only like 5 lbs over, I have cheat days, And just dont go overboard. Only eat 500 more than normal. It works for me. If I can NEVER have a friggen burger or some chips It wouldnt be worth it.
  • greene89
    greene89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I log everything, until I get too drunk and lose track...lol

I used to eat bad when I drank now I make sure I dont eat at all while drinking I eat all my meals then After dinner drink (Only on friday)
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I log everything...if you bite it write it, snack it track and and nibble it scribble it :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It may not be ON that exact day, i.e. weekends, but last night I logged everything from Friday to yesterday. Yep, I remember everything I eat and drink. I'm OCD that way.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was not until recently than I realized if I am truly going to change myself then I need to be honest including the number of calories I take in on any given day!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Yes, I log everything I eat/drink as best I can. I want to know how much over I go so I can make up for it on the other days! :wink:
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    I usually don't because I'd rather not think about it and just let myself not care for a day
  • jesscarows
    jesscarows Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do, and it makes me think twice about my next cheat day. I almost dont even feel the need for a cheat day anymore.
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    i log everything! tonight i'm going to a restaurant that doesn't post the nutritional information but i'm going to try and guesstimate while logging what i had. it's not going to be perfect but it will give me some idea. and thats the whole point really, to see what you are actually putting in your body. no sense trying to hide it from yourself. the fat rolls will definitely tell the story. better to be informed and try to work out harder than to play ostrich with your head stuck in the sand i feel.
  • considermac
    Options
    Yes I log all. I like to see what the intake is when its a "cheat day." I think iti is important for two reasons. 1) It reinforces the habit of logging and 2) it provides you with an idea of what happens on those cheat days.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I figure that the only person I'd be cheating is myself if I didn't... sometimes I forget just because I'm running around all over the place on weekends with family and friends, but if I remember, everything is logged. Or I'll keep a running list in my head of how many calories I put down and know that I'll be working even harder the next few days

hope that helped! and have fun tonight... eat some nachos for me for UFC! :drinker:
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Its only fair!
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, but if you do, definately log them. There's a certain accountability and guilt in logging the bad that helps stay in control.
  • Love2HikeMT
    Options
    Yes, always. It keeps you honest and it's educational. Good to see which foods have which calories and other nutrients.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I log daily! Hit 300 days today!!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I log everything on all days that way I know and am accountable for my eating
  • nursebrandie03
    Options
    88 pounds? wow...just wow...no wonder you dont cheat...but that being said, i totally log everything that goes into my mouth! if i eat or drink it, i log it (except water, because thats basically all i drink)...i do NOT ever feel bad after i cheat, but i only cheat one meal every 1-2 weeks...keeps me from going insane