Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    yes I do log my cheat days. Because some days like yesterday I end up having a super hard shift at work and burn 500 calories over my expected burn but by then it is 2 am when I get off work and to tired to eat more. So I have an extra deficit. And sometimes it is an extra hundred or 200 etc. So that is where the cushion comes for my cheat meals or cheat day. I go more for a weekly average of daily calorie deficit and logging my cheat meals helps me keep track.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, I look at a week and try to keep it in balance a few days over a few days under. I will not say no to invite out with friends to avoid going over because it is a part of life and I always eat birthday cake at parties, I just even it out with exercise or a cut in another day.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    No, I do not log...I have a food that says Cheat Day Friday 2000 calories. But, i do not worry about it. I want to cheat on Fridays and not worry about it. I cheat for 2 reasons, it keeps my sanity with any cravings that I have during the week....I can handle it because I know I can eat it Friday. And, I read that it is good to have spike days....so I want Friday to be my carb and calorie spike day. And if I logged everything, I would freak out and stop at 2000 calories.

So, I do not log nor worry about it. it is nice to take one day a week off! (I do still exercise and log that in)
    now I am not going to feel guilty about my "Friday Cheat Day" !!!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yes, I do. I get obcessive and log everything, though

Yup!!! I sure do.
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Most of the time I dont....one time I did and I was about 1,000 calories over my limit for the day. Didn't look good. LOL
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    not logging my cheat day gives me a break from Logging routine, a rest so to speak :happy:
  • unpunishable
    unpunishable Posts: 5 Member
    Options

First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

I consider 88 to be okay - if it's natural and the girl is petite, but! Unfortunately I took a look at the diary and saw... 430 calories a day? Vinegar, vinegar, vinegar every day? But why? I just don't get it.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just like I would log any other day, I don't have cheat days though, I eat whatever I want in moderation on any given day.......
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I always log mine. Granted I don't have as many as I used too. But still they are there. Best to always know what you are doing.
  • ktousi
    ktousi Posts: 8
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

Not an opinion but a fact - by medical standards you would need to be about 4 ft 6 inches tall for 88 lbs to be healthy. From what information you provide on your profile and elsewhere, that is clearly not the case. That you make it public says to me that you do need some help and I hope you get it. You are a beautiful young woman.
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I didn't use to. But I started logging mine to just get an idea of how much I'm going over. Plus, I've noticed that my "cheat days" are not as bad as they were months ago. So as silly as this sounds, I'm kind of proud of myself... I'm craving healthier foods and eating bad foods with in reason. And usually my "cheat day" is more like a "cheat meal". I always do mine Friday nights as a reward for the week.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING because it actually works in my best interest in the short-mid and long term. So, I splurged on a sub sandwich at this place called Fire House Subs--this was their medium Italian....when I logged it, I FREAKED OUT--My calorie intake per day is suppose to 1,380---this sandwhich ALONE was 910 calories. So not only did it open my eyes to the reality of it, it turned me off totally from it
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Until I get drunk and then I forget
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I still try and log as much as i can on cheat days :)
    i like to be able to see how much i have actually had lol x
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't log if I eat something that I shouldn't be eating....In my mind, I say I won't eat that again, for a while....tomorrow I will better choices..
    I don't believe in beating myself up....And feeling guilty...:noway:
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING because it actually works in my best interest in the short-mid and long term. So, I splurged on a sub sandwich at this place called Fire House Subs--this was their medium Italian....when I logged it, I FREAKED OUT--My calorie intake per day is suppose to 1,380---this sandwhich ALONE was 910 calories. So not only did it open my eyes to the reality of it, it turned me off totally from it

This happened to me about my third day on MFP, I had nachos at Applebees which I shared but was still blown away by the high calories. So now I really just try to plan by knowing approximately what calories a food item will have. I'm still blown away sometimes by grossly underestimating a food or meal, but like I said previously I just try to even it out over a week and / or with exercise. I want to make sure I can 'live' what is normal for my life.
  • skinnybride2013
    Options
    I do. I mean... I totally blew it the other day. But it was very interesting to me because that day would have been any typical day for me before I started watching my calories. It showed me how far I'd come and made me really see where I'd been going wrong.

I agree with that! Just joined & started my calorie counting the other day. As you say though, what would have been a typical day (pre calorie counting) would be wayyyyy out now.
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    I don't log it because the point of a splurge day for me is to have no pressure. If I log it, then I see how much I've eaten and I get stressed out over it.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

This young lady is obviously sick with some kind of eating disorder.. needs to get some help for this...
  • emptyinside
    emptyinside Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm trying to log every day....hope not to go too crazy watching the UFC fight tonight too (Jones is definitely going to win :)
    Have fun!