Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• kit11182002
    kit11182002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    dlwhyatt makes in interesting point. Cheating is another word for choosing. Placed in the realm of making the choice to eat something higher calorie, cheating loses its power to make us guilty and gains strength in self-determination.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Why would you not? Cheat days are part of your diet, not a break from it. When I was losing weight, I considered cheat days an indispensable part of my weight loss plan and logged it just like my "good" days.

Also, the point of logging and monitoring your weight is to learn the relationship between what you eat and what you weigh. Leave off your cheat day and you're depriving yourself of important info, IMO.

Yes, this!
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting question. My wife and I don't have cheat days. She has been able to search for, find and cook some very tasty dishes that are healthy and fit into our goal set. We do on occasion eat Taco Bell or go out to eat at local establishments. We are stationed in Hawaii and can find restaurants that have pretty healthy menus. Fresh wild caught fish is excellent. But, to answer your post, we log everything that we eat and drink into our diaries.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

Girl, you need to see a doctor.............your "blog" photo's are sick. Anorexic's should not be on a weight loss/health and fitness website. You should go and join a site for anorexics, you're in the wrong place, virtually and mentally!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    No way. Cheat days are speant guilt free :D My man likes to log his cheat day (easy for him he has a billion more calories to eat than me) so I usually end up finding out close to what I ate in calories :sad:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

ignore the haters. if 88 pounds is the goal youve set for yourself than let it be. people get a little too concerned about eachother here on mfp. your goal weight of 88 pounds will have absolutely no effect on their lives so no need to waste your time getting upset over their opinions : )
    just be happy. thats all that matters hun ; )

Yes, heaven forbid people show concern about another human being. How dare we. Haters we are, indeed.

/sarcasm
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i log cheat meals... had a cheat meal yesterday that put me 700 cals over check it out it was popcorn with melted peanut butter over it 0,o

the only time i dont log cheating is when im out partying where i basically dont keep tabs on how many beers im drinking etc or how much food im eating but any time i sit down to eat im logging it in. it keeps you honest and minimizes binge eating.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, I log everything that I put in my mouth, even on my cheat days that way I can also keep track of how many calories I am averaging a week so that I have a better idea of how to start my new day/ week.
  • thekateb
    thekateb Posts: 45
    Options
    No! I can't enjoy my cheat day if I know i have to log
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes- I like to still keep tabs on the calories.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    LOL- depends on how bad I had been. One day I "quick added" 25,000 calories. I would have weighed nearly 500 lbs in 5 weeks if every day were like today. It was more to be comical, and also to see that I do not need to go crazy on a day that I am enjoying myself with food. I probably ate around 4000 cals that day, but it felt like so so so much more. Sometimes I will try and log it all to just see what I actually ate, sometimes I won't log....depends on my mood I guess! :)
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yep I log everything. I just feel better about knowing everything I've been eating! :)
  • simple82
    simple82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I try. I have successful cheat days and unsuccessful days based on whether I log it or not. I always do better when I do though.
  • Iskreemman
    Iskreemman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log it. On my cheat days I still stay within my calorie goal I just trade some healthy foods for unhealthy foods.
  • Lovely_Doll
    Options
    Yes people gang up on me. Because it totally wouldn't trigger anything, right?
    Whatever, just don't go around claiming that I'm 'pro ana'. I'm not. Yell at me, lecture me, I don't care. But you're wrong if you think I'm actually going to listen.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i log everything. it's the way I keep track of how bad my cheat days actually are-if I didn't they would probably be much worse, i still think about what I'm eating on my cheat days too because I don't want to be over by thousands. It's also pretty cool to see how awful you used to eat too. Everyone deserves cheat days and it actually jump starts some weight loss too, especially if you're usually under like most people try to be. I do have to admit i hate clicking the "complete your diary" button when i'm way over on those cheat days though! haha
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes people gang up on me. Because it totally wouldn't trigger anything, right?
    Whatever, just don't go around claiming that I'm 'pro ana'. I'm not. Yell at me, lecture me, I don't care. But you're wrong if you think I'm actually going to listen.
    You make comments in a public forum when you obviously already know that said comments are going to get people "ganging up on you". Which tells us that you already know how wrong your choices are. You don't need a bunch of strangers to tell you that you have a disease, it's not news to you.
    BUT, you're also not going to convince anyone that you're right.
    When pretty much everyone around you tells you it's unhealthy, they can't ALL be wrong. It's you darlin. Get help.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.
    Unless you're like 4'9" or shorter, that's seriously not healthy.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options

Your diary consistently shows you are eating less than 800 calories a day. You probably don't want to hear it, but you need help.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i don't believe on cheat days so I don't have them. I try to eat healthy every day and I log everything, unless I am on vacation with no access to the internet.

If for some reason I go over by a good amount, I don't call it a cheat day. I look at what I did that put me way over and try to avoid doing it in the future.