Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I log everything. LIke Chinese is supposed to be very high in calories, but I make the choice of eating steamed rice, veggies and whatever meat I choose. I take all sauces on the side and measure by the tablespoon. That way, I am getting what I like but in moderation and a healthier choice. I eat one egg roll, not two, or three crab rangoon not five, and log it. I made the choice and if I am gonna do this long term, there is always gonna be temptations,I just need to know how to react to them. If i crave donuts, I eat 2 and log it. I see that I will go over if I don't excerise, then I excerise. I did the crime,now I have to serve the time (In excerise) lol
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I log everything.

I had a cheat day last weekend when I ate 4,000 calories! Then the rest of the week, I didn't lose any weight despite working out really hard. Gee, I wonder why when I ate 4000 calories that my poor body had to burn off. /eyeroll

If you don't log the splurges, and you think the cheat days won't affect you, then you're missing the reason why you might not be having a lot of luck losing for a week or so afterwards.

I will still have cheat days, but perhaps not so extreme. Lesson learned.
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to not log cheats, but it wasn't helping me - I like to look back and see what I actually ate. I can't lie to my body about eating junk, so I don't lie to MFP :)
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    I log everything.

I had a cheat day last weekend when I ate 4,000 calories! Then the rest of the week, I didn't lose any weight despite working out really hard. Gee, I wonder why when I ate 4000 calories that my poor body had to burn off. /eyeroll

If you don't log the splurges, and you think the cheat days won't affect you, then you're missing the reason why you might not be having a lot of luck losing for a week or so afterwards.

I will still have cheat days, but perhaps not so extreme. Lesson learned.

This happened to me yesterday, got a little bit crazy with the the chocolate and cookies lol
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

ignore the haters. if 88 pounds is the goal youve set for yourself than let it be. people get a little too concerned about eachother here on mfp. your goal weight of 88 pounds will have absolutely no effect on their lives so no need to waste your time getting upset over their opinions : )
    just be happy. thats all that matters hun ; )

Wow, yeah god forbid people are concerned about the safety of another person, what is wrong with them?!... No one on here is being a "hater" some of us just have a general concern for the well being of others. You are not in your right mind if you think 88 pounds is a healthy goal weight, way to promote someone starving themselves, but going by your username you're not exactly the best person to give healthy advice of any sort. So sick of this stupid 'pro ana' **** on mfp, go find another site to talk about starving yourself.

Sorry, she felt a little upset. I was just trying to be nice. No need to get all worked up chica. And btw, my sister always told me that people swear because they have nothing else better to say and it sounds menacing. Way to be mature : ) And btw, I am trying to recover from an eating disorder I developed when my 14 year old sister died of leukemia in 2010. Thank you for being so understanding. It's honestly people like you that make poor girls with life threatening eating disorders starve themselves. Grow up. Honestly, how rude of you to tell me to "go find another site to talk about starving yourself." You seriously discust me. I've been trying to get my calorie intake higher and my workouts are shorter and I've officially stopped taking laxatives as of last week. This June/July I am admitting myself into a clinic because I would love to be cured of this. And as for this "pro ana ****", I'm NOT pro ana. I think it's about time you get off your high horse and quit judging people.
  • StarvingKyy
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

ignore the haters. if 88 pounds is the goal youve set for yourself than let it be. people get a little too concerned about eachother here on mfp. your goal weight of 88 pounds will have absolutely no effect on their lives so no need to waste your time getting upset over their opinions : )

Yes, heaven forbid people show concern about another human being. How dare we. Haters we are, indeed.

/sarcasm

She was upset about it this afternoon - I was just trying to be nice! But telling her what she already knows isn't going to do anything. I think everybody already knows that so I don't know why they keep telling her that it is unhealthy. I thought maybe some kind words would cheer her up.
    I apologize.
    /sarcasm
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes every one of them bad calories! :)
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Lose the label. The name "cheat day" irritates me because I know what people on here mean by cheat day and it means foods that have a bad reputation are incorporated that day but restricted every other day.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    had my cheat day today and logged it. always do.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Until I get drunk and then I forget

LOL same here! :laugh:
    which is bound to happen tonight
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Yes, heaven forbid people show concern about another human being. How dare we. Haters we are, indeed.

/sarcasm

She was upset about it this afternoon - I was just trying to be nice! But telling her what she already knows isn't going to do anything. I think everybody already knows that so I don't know why they keep telling her that it is unhealthy. I thought maybe some kind words would cheer her up.
    I apologize.
    /sarcasm

Telling her to shoot for a goal that is extremely unhealthy is NOT being nice. It's enabling. I'm sorry she was upset and yes some people said some incredibly rude things that they shouldn't have said. But the answer is not to just pat her on the head and encourage unhealthy habits. You want to be nice? Listen to her, be a friend, encourage her to get help...but don't encourage her to destroy herself.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Lose the label. The name "cheat day" irritates me because I know what people on here mean by cheat day and it means foods that have a bad reputation are incorporated that day but restricted every other day.

QFT.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

Well we sure wouldn't want to irritate you! :tongue:
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a cheat day on Monday because it is my birthday. I plan to go to the restaurant and not preplan and analyze the menu. I plan to enjoy my birthday. BUT I will log everything when I get home. I want to see exactly how much difference there will be.
  • StarvingKyy
    Options

/sarcasm

I apologize.
    /sarcasm

Telling her to shoot for a goal that is extremely unhealthy is NOT being nice. It's enabling. I'm sorry she was upset and yes some people said some incredibly rude things that they shouldn't have said. But the answer is not to just pat her on the head and encourage unhealthy habits. You want to be nice? Listen to her, be a friend, encourage her to get help...but don't encourage her to destroy herself.

I understand and I am hun. When I tell her to be happy, she knows happiness does not go hand in hand with disordered eating. I firmly believe anybody has the right to do whatever they want with their body so I'm not going to tell her what to do or what she's doing wrong, but I do want her to be happy. If it gives you any hope concerning her health, she posted about having to eat today and hwo she was going to get rid of Ana. I give her props. She's recovering much better than I am.
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I chart everything. I usually give my self Saturday to eat something that i have been craving, but count all the calories the best I can and do a bit of extra exercise that day. That way I'm not cheating myself of anything. I find this very good and I have been losing weight at a steady pace, 16 lbs in 6 weeks. It also keeps me on track.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I need to see how much I ate. Sometimes I'll get out of hand. But a cheat day for me is on the weekends where I allow myself more than one soda and candy. But I try not to go over 1800 with my cheat days. Usually it's eat normally, then the snacks are the cheats. But I don't call it a cheat day. I call it 'eat whatever the hell I want to' day. I would log it, you never know if you might just want to exercise to lose the last few calories just in case it's too much.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I chart everything. I usually give my self Saturday to eat something that i have been craving, but count all the calories the best I can and do a bit of extra exercise that day. That way I'm not cheating myself of anything. I find this very good and I have been losing weight at a steady pace, 16 lbs in 6 weeks. It also keeps me on track.

I agree!
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I log them too. It let's you see how far you really go off track or not!
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't, but I should just to see what it says!