Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

Unless you're like 4'9" or shorter, that's seriously not healthy.

I'm 4'11" and the lowest I have ever been at was 103 and that was too thin, I skiied, soccer, swim team and did barrel racing, and mt. climbing. I was in amazing shape. I dont even believe in measuring in weight so much anymore, It is important to a point, but too often people obsess over it. I think it causes more issues than it solves honestly. Measurements and fit tests are a better guideline to your healthy weight.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

88 pounds at 5' 2" would give you a BMI of 16.08. A healthy BMI range is 18.5--25 (ideal is 20). You really need to seek help if you think 88 pounds is acceptable for your height.

She already knows this so there's really nothing you can say that's going to make her stop trying to rationalize her behavior. At 5'2" and 86 lbs I started having seizures (which I've never had in my life), was admitted to the hospital, had an Ng tube put in.

If you're short and "naturally" 88lbs (few are) then SURE, I'm game. . .it's an acceptable weight. If you have to "diet" to get there? Well, you're kidding yourself.

I still have the desire to be that skinny sometimes. And being *sick* isn't so much of a deterrent as looking back and asking myself. . .what was I gaining from all this self-denial? So you weigh less than 100 lbs? So what? What have you gained by this? I certainly wasn't any happier--not by a long shot (I was actually happiest at my highest weights--both "fattest" and most pregnant).
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    I don't have planned cheat days....they just happen. Yes, I log everything I eat....that helps me see the wrong road I took and avoid it the next day.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you stuff it in your gullet, you best be logging it. And if you're that hard up to have a "cheat day," it just shows how much you're depriving yourself and that you're on a mere "diet" instead of an actual lifestyle change. If you can't manage sensible moderation, you're never going to succeed.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If I binge, no I don't log that. I don't need to be reminded or made to feel guiltier.

If I have a controlled cheat day yes I will log it.
  • bigben372
    Options
    I log everything (but I'm a newbie!). I agree with the messages put forth: we need to know just how much we're putting in. You're going to hate yourself tomorrow, anyway ;) , so might as well have an objective reason. I announced, much to the chagrin of my family, that my Easter brunch plate was 1400 calories!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I don't log cheat days... I also don't really like called them cheat days.. I call them "days off". For me the point of it is to take a day off from worrying so much and to enjoy some things that I can't eat during the week.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I dont do cheat days, I do one cheat meal a week. I log it, like others I want to see how my choices impacted my progress. I try to look at the results over a week long avg. I have to be careful with my caloric intake, because I'm so short, my caloric needs are very low. I have to work very hard in the exercise department to ensure I can eat more than 1400 calories a day.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I usually do not log cheat days.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options

ignore the haters. if 88 pounds is the goal youve set for yourself than let it be. people get a little too concerned about eachother here on mfp. your goal weight of 88 pounds will have absolutely no effect on their lives so no need to waste your time getting upset over their opinions : )
    just be happy. thats all that matters hun ; )

Wow, yeah god forbid people are concerned about the safety of another person, what is wrong with them?!... No one on here is being a "hater" some of us just have a general concern for the well being of others. You are not in your right mind if you think 88 pounds is a healthy goal weight, way to promote someone starving themselves, but going by your username you're not exactly the best person to give healthy advice of any sort. So sick of this stupid 'pro ana' **** on mfp, go find another site to talk about starving yourself.
  • MiniCooperDeb
    MiniCooperDeb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I try to log every bite that goes into my body. It's the only thing that keeps me honest. If you start to fudge your facts, it's a slippery slope to stop logging altogether. It's happened to me in the past, and I will not let that happen again.
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING. Love the bar code scanner! I think you should log everything so you know how much your cheat day costs. I had one a couple of weeks ago and still logged it so I could see how much eating whatever I want is really worth calorie wise. I enjoyed the day but also realized how much progress I'm making. It was over 3000 calories that day! Enjoy your cheat day:)
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just started on here and previously logged on paper (how old school!) but I never logged the weekends. Well, I also wasn't really counting calories during the week very well either, just writing down the foods. Last weekend was the first weekend I tracked every bite. It shocked me how out of hand my "cheat weekends" were. Of course this explains why I haven't been losing lbs. Until I can get my weekends under control, I'm going to track them and maybe even after until I retrain my hands, eyes, mouth, and stomach not to go so damn overboard.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

TOTALLY AGREE......................:frown:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Why would you not? Cheat days are part of your diet, not a break from it. When I was losing weight, I considered cheat days an indispensable part of my weight loss plan and logged it just like my "good" days.

Also, the point of logging and monitoring your weight is to learn the relationship between what you eat and what you weigh. Leave off your cheat day and you're depriving yourself of important info, IMO.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't wait for a "cheat" day. I cheat a little every day. (Ice cream mostly) If I do have a meal/day that goes over I log it and don't sweat it.
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes, they're a part of what goes inside my body. I also cheat everyday if I need to. I take a bite of a cupcake, a scoop of ice cream. I try not to, but I figure it's easier on my body if its evenly dispersed and not one day to pig out. It happens though that on Sunday I go to a family dinner and go over, but I count that also. To the ones posting about the 88lb goal weight.... I agree. NO ONE beyond 6th grade should weight that! Its good that you're looking out for others and voicing not your opinion, but an obvious fact. It is important we keep each other in check here, whether it be loosing weight, or not loosing enough... Healthy is healthy and that's what we all want!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't have specific 'cheat days' but I do sometimes go to stay with friends for the weekend and eat whatever's put in front of me and drink far too much. I don't log into mfp on those days but I write down every morsel I eat and drink and log it all into my diary when I get back. It doesn't make for very pretty reading but being honest with myself (and my mfp friends) is an important part of the lifestyle change I've embarked upon and I find it helps me maintain focus and perspective.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight anymore, so I don't log my cheat days. Not saying I don't care what I put in my mouth any more, but it's one day once every two weeks that I like to treat myself and I know that my calories will be WAY overboard. This does not set me back at all. Yes, I gain 2-3 pounds, but it goes away by the next weekly weigh-in. I refuse to cut every thing bad for me that I like, I just taught myself to have it in moderation even when I'm not cheating. :drinker:

Enjoy your cheat meals, snacks, days, weeks, or whatever. There are a lot of people on here who deserve something yummy for all their hard work! :heart: