Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes I log everything even on my treat days, I find it interesing to see the difference between my 'good' days and my 'eat what you want' days
  • Will88Jam
    Options
    I log my cheat days and then I feel guilty about what I ate so then turn that guilt into motivation to work out even harder the next day.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    today is also my cheat day.... i started to log but i got to 2300 calories and i haven't even logged all the alcohol for tonight soooooo i'm just going to try not to panic about it too much and just not weigh myself for a few days! as long as i'm straight back on track tomorrow there won't be any problems!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I don't call mine cheat days...I have either stuck to my diet or not as the case may be.
    However, I do log days that I may have had one or two "extra" things that have sent my calories slightly over the amount allowed but if I have a complete binge type day I won't log anything at all mainly because I really can't be bothered to find out how many cals there are in a whole pack of say...fig rolls...or cornettos, for example!! I just know I had a bad day and leave it at that.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    I like to log them just so I can see what I ate and remember back to when I ate like that everyday. keeps me honest and keeps me from falling into the habit of "oh, it's not that bad" mentality. if I know what the pizza and nachos cost me calories wise it will keep me away from them if it's not a cheat day or within my daily limit. everyone is different, you just have to do what is best for you. enjoy your bacon and nachos today :smile:
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, it helps me not to go overboard. Plus I've gotten over 'feeling bad'..especially after my nutritionist said its ok. It gives me something tolook forward too and do good all week!

It's all good, eat up and enjoy!DON'T FEEL GUILTY!
    HAPPY JOURNEY
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to but it effected my weight loss, now if I'm having a treat I exercise to earn it, and stay within macros. Only time I have off is my birthday and a few days at xmas, and possibly when I go on holiday! X
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like to log them just so I can see what I ate and remember back to when I ate like that everyday. keeps me honest and keeps me from falling into the habit of "oh, it's not that bad" mentality. if I know what the pizza and nachos cost me calories wise it will keep me away from them if it's not a cheat day or within my daily limit. everyone is different, you just have to do what is best for you. enjoy your bacon and nachos today :smile:

i'm with you!! good feedback!!

happy journey!
  • Jph6701
    Jph6701 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days I have a Treat day every friday and by treat I mean a take away I log it in my macro's and tbh I am still norm under apart from yesterday as it was my partners birthday. But again I banked 1k Cals from day b efore to cover myself.

Enjoy your new life everyone is different, some say it's stupid some say it's not but at the end of the day it's what works for you I look forward to a friday I am not on a diet I am just adjusting my eating habits instead of eating crisps when I am hungry I am eating celery with peanut butter which tastes amazing so I have gone from one thing I love to another.
  • Wildheart_Baby
    Wildheart_Baby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't think of them as cheat days, as who are you actually cheating, I do try to log days when I've eaten out as best I can and hope I've put down enough calorific intake.

Like other people have said, I'm not going to know how many calories I've taken onboard if I don't log what I've eaten.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink, even on cheat days. I try not to get myself discouraged if its a cheat day and I'm going over my calories. But it is a pleasant surprise to see when I cheat and still stay under my calories.
    I log everything because I know if I don't then I will get into the mindset of "well I didn't have a full serving so I don't need to log it." I know that would start me on a bad downward spiral.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I log everything (that I remember)--or I at least write down the calories at put them in. Cheat days i usually don't go "crazy" anyway, but it's a good thing to log.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, but if I know I am going out or am craving something I just work it into my calories, I don't like to ever go over my calorie goal except sometimes with exercise calories if I am still hungry. I don't really have the desire to have a whole day to eat horrible food, I would definilty feel like crap about that. Plus I eat super healthy as it is & honestly all my favorite foods are pretty healthy, the only problem I have is my sweet tooth & my peanut butter addiction lol I don't go out to eat to much bc I am vegetarian striving for vegan & *most* restaurants don't have to many options for me, but buffalo wild wings has black bean burgers, so once a month I go with my husband & friends & eat that & fries which ends up being 700 some calories so I just eat a light breakfast/lunch & make it work! Cheat days are a bad idea in my opinion, a day to go back to the old behaviors that got you on mfp in the first place? No thanks!
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I log so I know what my body is "logging". Not logging doesn't mean I'm not eating it, and the consequences are the same whether I write it down or not.

Besides there aren't any consequences for lying in my food log, I might as well stay honest and be aware of my choices (and accept that going over the limit I chose to set for myself isn't a horrible, terrifying death sentence.)
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes I log everything as best I can! As someone else has said it helps to explain our weight loss/gain - I loose more if I don't have a cheat day (or an 'easy going-day'). However having said that Saturday is usually a cheat day as we have a family takeaway once a week in front of the TV, it's not always horrendous calories but I feel it is 'an occasion' I would miss if I was too strict and possibly lead to my downfall!

I also feel it's important to log your cheat days to know what the calories and nutrients are in these foods as it certainly inspires me to make sure I don't go back to any old habits and to do a little extra exercise/cut down on other days to make amends.
  • theshygirl99
    theshygirl99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely log my cheat days. The key is to keep it in check how many cheat days you have... one a week will set you back one every month or two is fine. Its good to be aware of what you are putting into your body, after all we are still accountable to ourselves. Keep up the good work!
  • vickyraetownsend
    Options
    Yeah I log everything. I feel like I'm hiding something if I don't :)!xx
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

My 13 yrs. old is super skinny and weighs more than 88 lbs!!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I log everything, regardless of what it is or how many calories are involved. I don't have cheat days, it was my birthday this past Tuesday and I still stayed under my calories, it was close because of the half a brownie sundae, but still. LoL I find lower calorie ways to get my chocolate or sugar so I don't have the cravings so I don't have a need to schedule a day where my calorie intake is higher. Most of the junk food I used to eat just doesn't appeal to me anymore!

But whatever you decide to do is your choice. As long as you're happy, it doesn't matter!!!
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I log my cheat days and then I feel guilty about what I ate so then turn that guilt into motivation to work out even harder the next day.

^^Yes!