Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every day.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! At first it was to stay accountable (although I don't really have cheat days, I DO cheat on my small trips and vacations!) but now it's really just because I've become so used to it! Sure, it makes me cringe, but sometimes I find that big red bar a little motivating the day after vacation, too! :)
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I log the day of my cheat meal, but not the meal itself... sometimes if i can i will, but for the most part i just enjoy the crap outta my cheat and dont worry about it...
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

Unless you're like 4'9" or shorter, that's seriously not healthy.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth EVERYDAY, including Thursdays. Which is my weigh in day and the day if I am craving something I have it!!

No right or wrong way.......you gotta do what works for you!!!
  • Beastette
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

I'm pretty short so I find it acceptable. You might think it's a too small goal weight, but that's your opinion, not mine.

My five year-old is 55 lbs. You want to weigh 33 lbs more than a healthy five year-old? You are aware that 9 year-olds aren't allowed on this site, yes?

It is your choice, but I fear for you. That's my choice. Please see a professional. :flowerforyou:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I still try to be mindful of the calories, I try not to eat more than twice my BMR, but I've eaten up to 4000 calories on my spike day without it adversely affecting my weight so I'm not too worried about it. If I notice an upward trend I do buckle down, but I think I deserve a break after eating well 85% of the time.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat so have nothing cheat-y to log :)
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options

I "cheat" whenever I want and I log EVERYTHING. What you eat and how you log it does not determine if you'll be set back or not, that's all in your personality. Just the other week I went over my weekly net calories by 3,000. I managed to bounce back on track perfectly the following week, did not put on any weight and am continuing to lose. This is because I am DETERMINED and did not guilt myself for eating mounds of ham and candy.

I find that when I log my "cheats" that 99% of the time I stay on track with my daily net calories instead of having a free for all pig out. Besides, I may go over one day, come in under the next and at the end of the week still meet my weekly net calorie goal.

I suppose you very well could be under 4'9" but if your profile pic is up to date then I seriously doubt losing another 20lbs is healthy. If your food diary is accurate, then eating 500-800 hundred calories a day IS NOT healthy. You have tons of friends who look to be at seriously unhealthy/deadly weights and appear to be pro-anorexia. I'm also familiar with the term of "88" being the "perfect weight". I can understand why people would think you were promoting it.

Just sayin'. Don't try to fool yourself in to thinking 88 is the perfect weight. You might not be missing those calories but your body definitely is.
  • Beastette
    Options
    No, not necessarily. I have a history of an eating disorder and I'm not about to beat myself up over allowing myself to have high-calorie food right now. It's dangerous territory.

I do log when I gluten myself because I *SHOULD* beat myself up over that.

Kudos to you for treating yourself well, and for taking steps to overcome this serious issue. You rock.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options

My five year-old is 55 lbs. You want to weigh 33 lbs more than a healthy five year-old? You are aware that 9 year-olds aren't allowed on this site, yes?

It is your choice, but I fear for you. That's my choice. Please see a professional. :flowerforyou:

If you think that pic of her on her profile shows a very skinny person.... check her blog!!!! at 106 her cw ... is just wow way to skinny! Hip bones protuding... can see every back bone in her vertabrae. and all he ribs... it's very sad to see... Everyone wants to be thin, but that is drastic!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nope don't log a thing that day..... Normally only do a cheat meal that day but still don't log that day....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I log whatever I eat.....some days it's more....some days less
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thursdays are my 'cheat' day, I hit the pizza buffet, and boom.... 1200+ calories for lunch, then again, it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, and a good bike ride before dinner can do wonders. (I did gain an inch in my calves. I don't think they have ever been this big, 18" at the most. Makes getting Kilt Socks a pain, even makes putting some cothing on harder than I would like. I finally hit the first 10# lost today after almost a month, really, check out my typical Thursday lunch... (it actually may be estimating high, since many of the database entries are cut into 8 pieces, but the buffet cuts them into 12...)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Yes I log it. The only person you are cheating on your cheat day is yourself. Why lie to yourself about how far you set yourself back?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I log everything, because for me I don't just look at my daily total, I look at the weekly totals too, and try to make sure even with a cheat day I stay below the weekly calorie goals too
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    YES. It keeps me honest.
  • rhythmicveggie
    Options
    I do log my cheat days. I usually don't plan cheat days in advance though, I sort of just slip up. But I'm thinking I should give myself at least one day every now and then.

I log everything I eat that day because if I don't, I feel so incredibly guilty, and feel like everything I've worked towards has gone down the drain. The days that I have gone over and logged, I've usually found to actually not be as bad as I thought.

I've also ready that a spike every now and then is beneficial, so I try not to sweat it too much.
  • OrganicPopcorn
    Options
    Thursday is my cheat day. I don't go to the gym, I designate it my house cleaning day so I am still burning calories while watching my sappy lifetime movies and I allow myself to eat how I want to within reason. I don't use weekends as my cheat day because it's too easy to let the WHOLE weekend go to hell. Enjoy your nachos!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    If I eat it or drink it, I put it in my diary, except for my green tea. It doesn't count toward my water goal I set for myself or add any calories, so when I have one to two cups a day, I don't log it.