Do you log your cheat days?!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, i do. And i am surprised of what all i can eat...
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log all of it... but I've learned to log after I eat instead of planning ahead, otherwise I just decide not to get what I really want and don't end up enjoying it at all anyway. :tongue:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes. The key to my weight loss is to be open about everything. So I can see what I did right...and wrong. And even on "cheat days", if I do bad, see what I can do to make the next cheat day not as bad, or do it in moderation.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. It does have me think about if I really want to eat it if I have to enter it into the food log.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. The reason I use this site is because he helps keep me accountable to myself. Over the weekend I did my first 5K, and decided I'd "earned" a cheat day at my favorite brewpub. I know the scale will remind me this morning why it's good I don't do that too often. But I'd be lying to myself if I didn't put the pizza and beer into my diary.
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat even the bad stuff; it'll give you a realistic view on what you're actually eating. Good, bad, or ugly, record it. Just my opinion.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log all of it... but I've learned to log after I eat instead of planning ahead, otherwise I just decide not to get what I really want and don't end up enjoying it at all anyway. :tongue:
    I've learned that if I log an entire meal before I eat it (for example while I'm cooking), sometimes I don't eat as much as I expected to and so I have to modify, or I'm logging more calories than I actually had.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I plan for a "cheat" day once a week, usually a weekend day, although this week I ended up having two days which were rather silly. But, as someone else said, I used to eat that way regularly, so progress has been made and will continue. The fact that I don't feel as good after a higher calorie day keeps me on track.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

I ditto what she said!!
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, it helps me not to go overboard. Plus I've gotten over 'feeling bad'..especially after my nutritionist said its ok. It gives me something tolook forward too and do good all week!

It's all good, eat up and enjoy!DON'T FEEL GUILTY!
    HAPPY JOURNEY

you said it perfectly!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Log everything!
    When I have bad days I hate logging, just like how I hate checking my bank balance sometimes! It's just one of those things you need to do in order to see what you're doing and that you're staying on course. If you don't log, you're only cheating yourself
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    Yes ma'am. I log everyday, just to see how I did (even on those terrible cheat days)
  • Alexis14351
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days, because my entire goal is to lose weight slowly and progressively add more healthy foods to my regular diet. So I usually have small portions of "unhealthy" food in my daily log anyway. My entire goal is to build a sustainable lifestyle, and if I don't have a little bit of junk here and there I know I won't be able to keep myself going, since I'm still learning. By logging everything, I'm discovering more and more exactly how I gained so much weight to begin with.

Just the other day I had a pretty sizable deficit at the end of the day and decided I wanted to splurge and have some ice cream. My husband went to Dairy Queen and brought me back a large blizzard (used to be standard fare). After eating it I went to log it... 1500 calories! I won't be doing that again. I knew that it wasn't going to be low in calories, but I had no idea it was going to be that bad!
  • bolderopal
    bolderopal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No, I do not log...I have a food that says Cheat Day Friday 2000 calories. But, i do not worry about it. I want to cheat on Fridays and not worry about it. I cheat for 2 reasons, it keeps my sanity with any cravings that I have during the week....I can handle it because I know I can eat it Friday. And, I read that it is good to have spike days....so I want Friday to be my carb and calorie spike day. And if I logged everything, I would freak out and stop at 2000 calories.

So, I do not log nor worry about it. it is nice to take one day a week off! (I do still exercise and log that in)

Genius, LOVE it.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I feel you, I got a medium chocolate shake at McDonalds.........720 calories! Wow! I will probably do it again, but I wont have the sticker shock next time.