I hate water

Options

Replies

• Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Name one. If there's "tons," it should be easy to name just one of them, right?
    It supresses appetite.

One thing the other stuff doesn't do. In point of fact, anything with caffeine will suppress appetite MORE than plain water since caffeine is an appetite suppressant. This thread is about things you can drink other than water to hydrate you. Water isn't better than other beverages at appetite supression. You said water had many advantages the other beverages do not. NAME ONE ADVANTAGE OF WATER THE OTHER NAMED BEVERAGES DON'T HAVE.
    Flushes out bad toxins. Good for your liver!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
    Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

do you even know what you're saying?

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.
    I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

Coke is fat free--even regular Coke. Completely, totally, 100% fat free. There is no "full fat coke." I have a friend who is a rocket scientist for NASA. Can I have her send you the data on this?
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

It supresses appetite.

LOLOLOLOL
    & other liquids don't do the same thing? Remember - your original statement was that water has benefits that OTHER DRINKS DON'T
    Right, lets see. 8 glasses of water a day or 8 glasses of random crap i.e some full fat coke and some lucozade (very calorific). I think the 8 glasses of water is gunna be a lot more beneficial. It flushes out toxins ect, i can really see fizzy pop ect doing that, more like the cals would just add to me hips so please, get over yourself.

HAHAHA Full fat coke!
    It's interesting that you're going between water & 'full fat coke'. There's no middle ground? nothing like tea, or zero calorie drinks in your world?
    And again, because artificial sweetners make you crave the real thing.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.
    There's no fat in coke...
    Ok, full calorie coke.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

It supresses appetite.

LOLOLOLOL
    & other liquids don't do the same thing? Remember - your original statement was that water has benefits that OTHER DRINKS DON'T
    Right, lets see. 8 glasses of water a day or 8 glasses of random crap i.e some full fat coke and some lucozade (very calorific). I think the 8 glasses of water is gunna be a lot more beneficial. It flushes out toxins ect, i can really see fizzy pop ect doing that, more like the cals would just add to me hips so please, get over yourself.

Also - fizzy pop is 90% water. 10% other things
    the 10% other things is where the calories come from
    Why are you arguing that the 90% water from pop isn't as good as 'pure' water?
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

It supresses appetite.

LOLOLOLOL

HAHAHA Full fat coke!
    It's interesting that you're going between water & 'full fat coke'. There's no middle ground? nothing like tea, or zero calorie drinks in your world?

But what does this have to do with the benefits of water?

Also, tea doesn't need to be sweetened - it's water with leaves/herbs/dried fruits soaked in it. There's no artificial sweeteners in it.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
    Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.

"Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't."

How do 'these other drinks' not have the same benefits as water if they're just water with stuff added to them? You are saying that by adding something to water, it takes away the benefits.
    I don't know why you keep quoting the same line i said, pretty sad actualy. And at what point did i say that adding things to water takes away the benefits?!? I said that water has tons of benefits that other drinks don't, duhhh! So if i was to drink a big glass of water and then a big glass of full fat coke, im sure it doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell me which is going to be a lot better for me.

You are saying that other drinks don't have the same benefits as water
    Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.
    Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.
  • FitLink
    Options

WTF??

It supresses appetite.

One thing the other stuff doesn't do. In point of fact, anything with caffeine will suppress appetite MORE than plain water since caffeine is an appetite suppressant. This thread is about things you can drink other than water to hydrate you. Water isn't better than other beverages at appetite supression. You said water had many advantages the other beverages do not. NAME ONE ADVANTAGE OF WATER THE OTHER NAMED BEVERAGES DON'T HAVE.

What "toxins" do I need flushed that my kidneys and liver don't flush automatically?? Your kidneys and liver will remove toxins no matter what fluids you give them--water isn't magical. What benefit to the liver? This is nonsense. What does "good for your liver" even mean? In what way is it good?

And BTW, toxin means poison, so "bad toxins" is redundant.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

You are saying that other drinks don't have the same benefits as water
    Because other drinks are just water with things added, that means you are saying that adding those things takes away the benefits

Or in other words, you don't have a clue what you're saying. Just like how you said you were going to leave this thread 20+ comments ago.
    Ok to the point. I never said they don't have the same benefits, i said they don't have AS MANY BENEFITS.... U understanding so far??? Any wonder i keep responding when your just stating pure crap and things i havnt said.

Okay, so what you're saying is that by adding things to water, you negate SOME OF THE BENEFITS, despite the drink still being over 90% water?

Cool story bro

BTW - your exact quote, since you can't seem to remember it, was Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.
    You didn't say anything about some or all of the benefits.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Urm, because thats a benefit, duh!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

WTF??

It supresses appetite.

Water absolutely does NOT flush out toxins. Take a few lessons in human anatomy and physiology. Toxin removal is handled by your liver and your kidneys, drinking water has absolutely nothing to do with it. Your lungs remove toxins when you breathe out. Drinking water does not.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If you drink water and then add caffeine it does negate the value of the water because it is a diuretic and will make you pee it out thus making you less hydrated...It's really not rocket science. I can't believe anyone would argue that soda/tea/coffee/etc. is just as good for you to drink as water.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    You can add fruit to it! Or cucumber slices. Honestly though, I used to dislike water. Until I decided to drink nothing but it. You really love it! I drink nothing else.
  • tigersword
    Options

And again, that is false, there is absolutely no truth to the claim that artificial sweeteners make you crave anything.

Besides, how would that be a benefit for water over black coffee, which contains no calories, or artificial sweeteners?
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

*blink*

You're a moron.
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Im seriously bored now and have better things to do. Goodbye imature people. Maybe you could go get a life, yeh?
  • tigersword
    Options
    If you drink water and then add caffeine it does negate the value of the water because it is a diuretic and will make you pee it out thus making you less hydrated...It's really not rocket science. I can't believe anyone would argue that soda/tea/coffee/etc. is just as good for you to drink as water.
    Have you bothered to actually read the thread? Including all of the scientific evidence prevented that proves that caffeine does NOT effect hydration? It's not really rocket science...
  • Doll483
    Doll483 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I never knew it was even possible to hate water, I mean it doesn't even have a taste. I guess it's possible then.

Well, to be honest I would recommend you to still drink as much water as you can despite your dislike for it. But if it really bothers you that much, you could try adding a few drops of lemon to it (at home, try to avoid the already flavored water you buy at the store) or maybe you'd like it better if it were ice cold? Try that as well. You can also drink green tea.

Good luck.
  • FitLink
    Options

No it's not. If it were true, it would be a disadvantage for the other beverages, but not benefit of water. You haven't provided any links to published and peer reviewed studies proving it to be true, so right now, it's just broscience. Care to cite your sources?

Duh!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there.....coffee and milk have benefits that water does not